“Good for airport travel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #28 of 158 hotels in Tampa
New York City, New York
“Good for airport travel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in anticipation of my early morning flight. The location was great for the airport and would be fine if using for business travel when visiting a nearby office. I would not stay here for a vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear CWGators,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your business trip and I would like to invite you and your family to try our hotel for your next leisure trip. Our Residence Inn is located just 20 minutes from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. We are centrally located between the beaches and Disney World. For those who love animals, we're just 15 minutes from Lowry Park Zoo which is one of the top 10 zoos in the US. In fact, it was ranked #1 for children in 2009. On the other hand, If you just want to shop and have a great social time, International Mall Plaza is your best choice with the most distinctive shopping and dining destination of Florida's West Coast, and it is Just across the street from us.

CWGators, thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We spent a week here during spring training. Several times found the same dirt/trash in the elevators and halls a couple days in a row. Room was fine, but the mattress was terrible. We flipped it after three days, but found little relief. Breakfast and dinner selections rotated daily, which was nice, but the food quality was only average. Am a loyal Marriott customer, would look at one of the several other Marriott properties in the area if we return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear dmarkiowa,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We strive in providing excellent service and amenities at our property and I am sorry we fell short of these offerings during your stay. Please rest assured that this is not typical of our property and we would love to show you during your next trip to the area.

ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
North Arlington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed here during St. Patty's Day weekend for a Spring Training weekend. We only stay in Marriott hotels because they really do provide the best of everything. The location of the hotel is fantastic as it is right across the street from International Plaza, about a mile from the Yankees spring training complex, and pretty much in the middle of anything you need quickly. We arrived at 2:30am on the first night and found there was a Walmart a mile from the hotel so we picked up a few snacks for the weekend.

The room was very nice. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite and the fact that there were 2 bathrooms was outstanding. I wish more Marriott hotels that offer a 2-bedroom suite did this. The bed was super comfortable as well.

The staff was very nice as well and came through for me when I left behind a bag of baseballs on the day we checked out. I left it in the business center but the woman (I want to say her name was Daniella?) I called said she saw it and had it behind the front desk for me to get later in the day before we left for the airport. The gentleman who checked us in at 230am was also very helpful as he switched the Marriott rewards number from my name (the name the reservation was under) to my friend's account (we alternate who gets the points on trips).

If there were 2 things I would knock off that extra point are, frankly, fairly nitpicky. One I hope can be fixed and the other obviously can't. The first is the breakfast. The food was good and look, it's a free breakfast so you're going to get the relatively bare minimum. But they did have 3 hot food platters, breads, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, and a waffle maker along with juice and coffee. So the food was not the issue. It is the location. On a crowded weekend, like the one we were staying for, the area where they have breakfast can get really tight and have way too many people in it. And there's no real understood method. It's pretty much every man for himself so you wind up having to wait on people just standing there and you bump into others. The other is the parking situation on the the hotel grounds. If the hotel is sold out there is not much parking, however, there is an open lot not 15 feet from the hotel and you can park in there without a problem. That's just a nitpicky reason.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone as Residence Inns are relatively cheap and if you don't want fancy, 5-star service, and just want a nice clean bed and good room, absolutely stay here.

Room Tip: You can reduce total cost and cost per person if you're traveling with 3 or more people by getti...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear tjoyce82,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the room accommodations, and that our team was able to assist you. I do understand your frustration with the crowded breakfast and limited parking space. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience and thank you, not only for choosing our hotel but for recommending it to others.

Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've stayed here for two years for the Yankees Spring Training, and this hotel has yet to disappoint. We typically stay in lower cost hotels, but you really get what you pay for. For the little extra money, we feel like this is a very nice, clean and hospitable hotel. The breakfast is good: scrambled eggs, yogurt, fruit, hot sausage, onions, peppers, biscuits, muffins, cereals, fresh waffles, and oh the coffee. The coffee in the lobby is always fresh and hot. The staff is friendly, and the housekeeping responsive. We love having the mini-kitchen so we don't have to spend a fortune on meals. An oven or even a toaster oven would be a nice addition. Also, the shower pressure was amazing. The mattress was a little hard for our liking, as we can get used to the pillow-top mattresses that some hotels offer, but the sheets and bed are comfortable enough. The temp in the room is perfect, and we really appreciate the black-out curtains. The location is easy to anywhere, but it is not hard to get in and out of, and the parking is a breeze. The restaurants right around the hotel are very expensive, so just be aware of that. There is a mall just a block away if you're looking for a cheaper meal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear fitnessinharmony,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and giving us such great compliments. I completely understand that you have your choice of hotels when visiting this area and it’s great to hear that you are a repeat customer to our property. Our location and amenities are perfect for several different spring training sites in the area specially the Yankees. It was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you next year!

ri.tpaws.ops@Marriott.com
Ft Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here after a concert last night in Tampa. Room was ready earlier than 3 pm and staff was very nice. Room had separate bedroom with fold out couch and a kitchen that was perfect..Microwave, frig and could have cooked if wanted to. Beautiful decor and comfortable. Seemed like a small one bedroom apartment. Our friends room across the hall even had a fireplace. They do a full breakfast and also a light supper (days for supper are during the week). Lots of snacks and microwave items to buy in the lobby for after hours. Staff is attentive and it was sold out this weekend, but every staff member was smiling and helpful. Could not beat the breakfast...eggs, sausage, waffles and plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt and granola... Able to walk the 1.8 miles to the Stadium and felt safe even late at night. Great spot to stay...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Ktrap,

I hope that the concert was at least as enjoyable as your stay with us. I wanted to sincerely thank you for your great comments. I appreciate all feedback but especially love the positive ones and I am glad you were able to enjoy many of the features and amenities, our property offers, during your stay. Satisfying each guest is our number one priority and it gives me great pleasure to hear that we accomplished this with you. Thank you once again and I hope to see you in the future.

ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for only 1 night. We had an early flight out of TPA & didn't want to have to leave Sarasota so early in the morning. This hotel is really close to the airport & easy to get to & from. It is close to International Mall for shopping & restaurants. It's clean, which is important to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Laura T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about our location, local area and our clean rooms. We are very proud of all our associates and our housekeepers always clean with such pride. I hope you arrived safe to your final destination and that you give us the opportunity to "WOW" you the next time you are in Tampa.

Den Haag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

What is best about residence inn in general is what made this a great stay! Sometimes you really want a stove, a fridge and light meals.... All in all one cannot complain about this hotel and if one had a bad experience... I would sum it up to an anomaly.
Breakfast was great! I think their housekeeping is very very on top of it! If you don't want any housekeeping you will have many notes on your door when you get back.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear mutinyluv,

I love that you know the Residence Inn brand so well. The simple differences and convenient features, for both short and long term guests, are just one of the things that I admire so much about the Residence Inn by Marriott. Please rest assured that I will also share your praises with our housekeeping team. Thank you for your generous comments and we hope to see you next time!

Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!