“Very comfortable and great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #28 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Cumming, Georgia
“Very comfortable and great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've stayed here for two years for the Yankees Spring Training, and this hotel has yet to disappoint. We typically stay in lower cost hotels, but you really get what you pay for. For the little extra money, we feel like this is a very nice, clean and hospitable hotel. The breakfast is good: scrambled eggs, yogurt, fruit, hot sausage, onions, peppers, biscuits, muffins, cereals, fresh waffles, and oh the coffee. The coffee in the lobby is always fresh and hot. The staff is friendly, and the housekeeping responsive. We love having the mini-kitchen so we don't have to spend a fortune on meals. An oven or even a toaster oven would be a nice addition. Also, the shower pressure was amazing. The mattress was a little hard for our liking, as we can get used to the pillow-top mattresses that some hotels offer, but the sheets and bed are comfortable enough. The temp in the room is perfect, and we really appreciate the black-out curtains. The location is easy to anywhere, but it is not hard to get in and out of, and the parking is a breeze. The restaurants right around the hotel are very expensive, so just be aware of that. There is a mall just a block away if you're looking for a cheaper meal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear fitnessinharmony,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and giving us such great compliments. I completely understand that you have your choice of hotels when visiting this area and it’s great to hear that you are a repeat customer to our property. Our location and amenities are perfect for several different spring training sites in the area specially the Yankees. It was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you next year!

ri.tpaws.ops@Marriott.com

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ft Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here after a concert last night in Tampa. Room was ready earlier than 3 pm and staff was very nice. Room had separate bedroom with fold out couch and a kitchen that was perfect..Microwave, frig and could have cooked if wanted to. Beautiful decor and comfortable. Seemed like a small one bedroom apartment. Our friends room across the hall even had a fireplace. They do a full breakfast and also a light supper (days for supper are during the week). Lots of snacks and microwave items to buy in the lobby for after hours. Staff is attentive and it was sold out this weekend, but every staff member was smiling and helpful. Could not beat the breakfast...eggs, sausage, waffles and plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt and granola... Able to walk the 1.8 miles to the Stadium and felt safe even late at night. Great spot to stay...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Ktrap,

I hope that the concert was at least as enjoyable as your stay with us. I wanted to sincerely thank you for your great comments. I appreciate all feedback but especially love the positive ones and I am glad you were able to enjoy many of the features and amenities, our property offers, during your stay. Satisfying each guest is our number one priority and it gives me great pleasure to hear that we accomplished this with you. Thank you once again and I hope to see you in the future.

ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for only 1 night. We had an early flight out of TPA & didn't want to have to leave Sarasota so early in the morning. This hotel is really close to the airport & easy to get to & from. It is close to International Mall for shopping & restaurants. It's clean, which is important to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Laura T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about our location, local area and our clean rooms. We are very proud of all our associates and our housekeepers always clean with such pride. I hope you arrived safe to your final destination and that you give us the opportunity to "WOW" you the next time you are in Tampa.

Erika Gomez
Den Haag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

What is best about residence inn in general is what made this a great stay! Sometimes you really want a stove, a fridge and light meals.... All in all one cannot complain about this hotel and if one had a bad experience... I would sum it up to an anomaly.
Breakfast was great! I think their housekeeping is very very on top of it! If you don't want any housekeeping you will have many notes on your door when you get back.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear mutinyluv,

I love that you know the Residence Inn brand so well. The simple differences and convenient features, for both short and long term guests, are just one of the things that I admire so much about the Residence Inn by Marriott. Please rest assured that I will also share your praises with our housekeeping team. Thank you for your generous comments and we hope to see you next time!

Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Don't expect a clean room, clean dishes or a caring front desk. Started at with a bad check-in, when I asked about an upgrade for gold member, and was told "we don't do upgrades, and you are on points". Wanted to drink coffee but all 4 cups had brown residue in them, which I brought ot the attention of the front desk. I had let them know the previous day that the bedroom TV didn't work withthe remote, and it wasn't fixed. The kicker was after telling them at check-out about the coffee cups, I was in the lobby getting a cup of coffee listening to the two front desk clerks talk about me in Spanish. Totally unacceptable behavior.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello cntrygal71 –

My name is Donald Feith and I am the General Manager of this hotel. Although an apology from me at this time may seem insincere, as you have already left my hotel and not had a pleasant experience, I can assure you this is not the case. I am truly sorry that the time you spent with us was not everything it should have been. I regret that we failed you in so many areas and that we were not able to turn your negative experience into a positive one prior to you checking out.
Cntrygal71, I do recall your stay with us and the conversations you had with my desk and my Operations Manager. The day you checked out of my hotel I was made aware of the problems you experienced, from the requested room change to the conversation that occurred between my front desk associate and my Executive Housekeeper. I was under the impression that we had resolved these concerns, prior to your checkout, and that the compensation you did receive was satisfactory. I realize now that this is not the case and I find myself, once again, saying…I am sorry.

The fact is my desk could have explained things better and we could have handled your concerns with more urgency. Yes, it is true that “we don’t do upgrades…” however it should have been explained that “upgrades” are not a part of the Marriott Rewards program at Residence Inn hotels. Not only that but with you arriving on that particular Monday during peak season and Spring Training we simply did not have a Two Bedroom Suite available. They were all taken. We do, however, make a point to change room types, for our Marriott Elite Members, whenever possible. This I guarantee.

Finally, I want you to know I had a serious talk with the two team members you overhead at the front desk. Although I do not know, with 100% certainty, that what was said was negative I instructed them on proper conversational etiquette. Simply they should never carry on a conversation, in a different language, in front of others if they are not certain that the other individuals can comprehend what is being said. They will not make this mistake again and they were sincerely sorry that this occurred.

I promise you that we are better than this, as can been seen from many of the other reviews, and I hope you give us another opportunity to prove it to you.

Donald Feith
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend. I love this place, I felt like I had my own studio apartment with a full kitchen and an amazing room also very clean! You are nearby some attractions but if you need something to eat you can walk right across to two wonderful restaurants in front of the hotel. I will definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

First off, I am a "Marriottista" with high loyalty status in the system. This sometimes changes how I am treated, but it also affords me the opportunity to compare properties across the country.

I had read some reviews here, and had wondered about the "condition" and the need for a refresh. I only stayed here one night but I have to say, "what is the problem"?

This Residence Inn is fresh, odern, well situated, well managed, a motivated staff and heck - the breakfast was great.

If you are not a hotel person, then do not expect a hotel type stay at a Residence Inn (bellhops, room service, etc) what you can expect is a good breakfast, comfortable rooms with a FULL kitchen and excellent bedding, wireless, pool and exercise room.

This is a great property right next to the airport. Do not let the other views dissuade you, my room had the current RI decor in it. I was extremely pleased.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear mabollinger,

Thank you for your great review of our property after your recent stay and also for being such a loyal Marriott customer. I love that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and also the great comments about our property and staff. Like you mentioned we are an “extended stay” hotel but the amenities we offer are also great for many transient travelers. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Operations Manager

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!