“Considering its spring break good rates and its actually available!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Den Haag
“Considering its spring break good rates and its actually available!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

What is best about residence inn in general is what made this a great stay! Sometimes you really want a stove, a fridge and light meals.... All in all one cannot complain about this hotel and if one had a bad experience... I would sum it up to an anomaly.
Breakfast was great! I think their housekeeping is very very on top of it! If you don't want any housekeeping you will have many notes on your door when you get back.

• Stayed March 2013
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear mutinyluv,

I love that you know the Residence Inn brand so well. The simple differences and convenient features, for both short and long term guests, are just one of the things that I admire so much about the Residence Inn by Marriott. Please rest assured that I will also share your praises with our housekeeping team. Thank you for your generous comments and we hope to see you next time!

Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Don't expect a clean room, clean dishes or a caring front desk. Started at with a bad check-in, when I asked about an upgrade for gold member, and was told "we don't do upgrades, and you are on points". Wanted to drink coffee but all 4 cups had brown residue in them, which I brought ot the attention of the front desk. I had let them know the previous day that the bedroom TV didn't work withthe remote, and it wasn't fixed. The kicker was after telling them at check-out about the coffee cups, I was in the lobby getting a cup of coffee listening to the two front desk clerks talk about me in Spanish. Totally unacceptable behavior.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello cntrygal71 –

My name is Donald Feith and I am the General Manager of this hotel. Although an apology from me at this time may seem insincere, as you have already left my hotel and not had a pleasant experience, I can assure you this is not the case. I am truly sorry that the time you spent with us was not everything it should have been. I regret that we failed you in so many areas and that we were not able to turn your negative experience into a positive one prior to you checking out.
Cntrygal71, I do recall your stay with us and the conversations you had with my desk and my Operations Manager. The day you checked out of my hotel I was made aware of the problems you experienced, from the requested room change to the conversation that occurred between my front desk associate and my Executive Housekeeper. I was under the impression that we had resolved these concerns, prior to your checkout, and that the compensation you did receive was satisfactory. I realize now that this is not the case and I find myself, once again, saying…I am sorry.

The fact is my desk could have explained things better and we could have handled your concerns with more urgency. Yes, it is true that “we don’t do upgrades…” however it should have been explained that “upgrades” are not a part of the Marriott Rewards program at Residence Inn hotels. Not only that but with you arriving on that particular Monday during peak season and Spring Training we simply did not have a Two Bedroom Suite available. They were all taken. We do, however, make a point to change room types, for our Marriott Elite Members, whenever possible. This I guarantee.

Finally, I want you to know I had a serious talk with the two team members you overhead at the front desk. Although I do not know, with 100% certainty, that what was said was negative I instructed them on proper conversational etiquette. Simply they should never carry on a conversation, in a different language, in front of others if they are not certain that the other individuals can comprehend what is being said. They will not make this mistake again and they were sincerely sorry that this occurred.

I promise you that we are better than this, as can been seen from many of the other reviews, and I hope you give us another opportunity to prove it to you.

Donald Feith
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend. I love this place, I felt like I had my own studio apartment with a full kitchen and an amazing room also very clean! You are nearby some attractions but if you need something to eat you can walk right across to two wonderful restaurants in front of the hotel. I will definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

First off, I am a "Marriottista" with high loyalty status in the system. This sometimes changes how I am treated, but it also affords me the opportunity to compare properties across the country.

I had read some reviews here, and had wondered about the "condition" and the need for a refresh. I only stayed here one night but I have to say, "what is the problem"?

This Residence Inn is fresh, odern, well situated, well managed, a motivated staff and heck - the breakfast was great.

If you are not a hotel person, then do not expect a hotel type stay at a Residence Inn (bellhops, room service, etc) what you can expect is a good breakfast, comfortable rooms with a FULL kitchen and excellent bedding, wireless, pool and exercise room.

This is a great property right next to the airport. Do not let the other views dissuade you, my room had the current RI decor in it. I was extremely pleased.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear mabollinger,

Thank you for your great review of our property after your recent stay and also for being such a loyal Marriott customer. I love that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and also the great comments about our property and staff. Like you mentioned we are an “extended stay” hotel but the amenities we offer are also great for many transient travelers. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My Husband, my son and me are very pleased with the stay at the Residence Inn,on February of 2013 our two bedroom suite was very nice and clean, beds are comfortable as well as pillows, 5 of them, main area with a full kitchen and a fireplace make the room very cozy, the hotel is very clean and well located, breakfast buffet has fair quality dishes, soda, juices and milk dispensers.
Check-in and check out were very easy and fast, there are plenty of parking spaces ,with two or three door access all over the hotel, besides the main entrance, it was very convenient because it was cold on those two nights,
We would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Janet L,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is music to my ears to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Residence Inn, your home away from home. Your encouraging words inspire us to continue to deliver memorable service and to maintain our Residence Inn culture. My team was pleased to hear that our complementary full breakfast buffet, hospitality and cleanness were up to your standards. Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Erika Gomez
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn for one night during the Gasparilla weekend. Our two bedroom suite was spacious and clean. There was also a gas fireplace which was a pleasent surprise! The beds where comfortable and it was easy to request additional linens. Overall the hotel was very quiet which was a surprise considering the weekend. The only slightly disappointing part of our stay was breakfast- we came down aroun 9:15 and all of the dishes (and the milk dispenser) were empty. Refills were brought out but with so many people waiting they were gone quickly. Other than breakfast our stay was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear “gatorfans1218”

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Tampa. I hope you had an enjoyable time at Gasparilla. It’s great to hear you found our property accommodating and convenient for your trip. Your positive feedback is sincerely appreciated and I will share your comments with the entire team. Please accept my personal apology for any inconvenience you experienced in regards to our breakfast. Typically we are much more prepared for those sudden rushes, during special events, however we dropped the ball on this one. I can assure you that this problem has been addressed with our Gatehouse team. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Tampa!

ri.tpaws.ops@marriot.com
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed 5 days over New Years. Location is very convenient and you get what you expect from a Residence Inn. Comfortable, clean, and friendly with decent food for breakfast buffet. Since we were using Marriott Reward points the price was right!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Barleycorn1,
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and with so many options available you chose our property to redeem your valuable Marriott Reward points. It is also great to know that you took advantage of our breakfast buffet as well of our great location. Once again thank you for your great review and I will make sure to share this with our team on our next morning meeting.

Regards,

Erika Gomez
Operations Manager

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!