“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is handy to the airport downtown Tampa, and Clearwater and the beaches are a short drive across the nearby causeway. The accommodations are very simple and clean and the staff is efficient. The happy hour and small supper offered early in the week is a nice touch and was very welcome since we arrived on a Monday evening. A nice variety of choices from cereals and fruit to eggs to the usual waffles are offered for breakfast. It can get crowded in the service area, however, as the serving room is very small. Give an A to the service folks for their attention to keeping it clean and restocked. There isn't a lot of seating, however, and it was very crowded later in the week. Oddly, coffee service is around the corner from where the rest of the food is served. It would be nice if the breakfast hour were extended to 9:30 rather than cut off at 9 on weekdays. There is a small fitness room, but not much in the way of equipment -- one stationary bike, a couple of treadmills, and free weights. We felt very secure since you must use your key for all the other side entrances on a 24-hour basis. I would recommend it for just about any stay, whether it be for one night or five, such as was the case with us.

Room Tip: The parking area goes around the entire building so I would recommend a room higher up than the firs...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am a fan of RI, and this one doesn't disappoint. Solid room, with small kitchen(stove, sink, refg, microwave, dishes and utensils) and separate area for sleeping and bathroom. You get all the extras (internet, parking, breakfast and managers nightly snack) included in the room flat rate (93.00) -- that other hotels within the same block charge extra for.

Breakfast was mix of hot / cold items and rotational other items like fruits, yogurts and the like.
Managers snack was different every night (M-Th) and was pretty good for a quick dinner option.

There are 7-8 restaurants all within a mile, some you can walk to. The mall is across the street and there are a lot of restaurant there - CPK, Cheesecake Factory, Brios to name a few.

Very nice business center and meeting rooms available.

Service is solid - my only complaint was the room wasn't serviced until almost 5pm every day. I got back from meetings by 4, and didn't care to leave again at 5, so they could clean room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear NYSAILORGAL,

It’s wonderful to hear that you love the Residence Inn brand. As you noted we have many conveniences that you can take advantage of during your stay at our property. Our evening social takes place Monday through Wednesday and is a great time for you to unwind after a long day of work. Our hot buffet breakfast also can save you time when you are in a hurry to get the day started and our front desk is more than happy to offer recommendations to any of our local restaurants. I do regret that our housekeeping staff was not able to clean your room earlier but for future reference you may request cleaning times so that we can better accommodate you. Thank you again for your compliments and we hope to see you in the future.

ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My first thought was "Wow". Maybe it was because we had just gotten off the cruise, but our two bedroom suite seemed huge to us. We love having the extra room to spread out.

The front desk staff was super friendly, the breakfast was really good, and the staff seemed to keep up with the busy breakfast time on a weekend.

I can't think of any real negatives for our stay.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Alwweb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our property. I am thrilled to know that we were able to “Wow” you with our large rooms and great costumer service from our team. First impressions are always important and it appears we were able to deliver great service from start to finish. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Erika Gomez
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

first off, i love residence inns. they are usually very spacious, comfortable and "homey." they provide free breakfast, free parking, a pool, your own kitchen, a usually workable fitness area, newspapers and great crew. that said, this residence inn has all of that but the rooms are stale and outdated and just plain old feeling. my queen sized bed was not comfortable, i found it too soft. there was a dripping noise in the sink bath area sink, but i couldn't find a drip, which made sleeping a little bit difficult. the comforter was not what i would call cozy, but rather a little flat. the carpeting needs refreshing as does the couch and chairs. that said, lindsay at the front desk was very nice as were the ladies handling the breakfast. If i needed to stay near the tampa airport or raymond james stadium and wanted the most bang for my buck, this is still the place. as a footnote, i was told this hotel is scheduled for a renovation in 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal Residence Inn customer. You plainly understand what to expect from a Residence Inn and are the type of guest that appreciates the concept of the brand. I do also appreciate your honesty when it comes to our rooms. Our last room renovation was in 2007 and in keeping with Marriott’s strict standards we will have another in 2014. I also wanted to let you know that Lindsay appreciates you mentioning her in our reviews. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a clean property. I stayed for one night and only had one problem. The TV in the living room was not working properly. Since I only was there for one night, it wasnt an issue. I just watched TV in the bedroom. Breakfast was decent. I used the FL resident rate to get a better deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of all of our associates and our housekeepers always clean with such pride. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges you had with the TV. We had just finished up our transfer to full HD and some of our TV’s experienced a small problem. Be assured that we have corrected the problem. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore.

Erika Gomez
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As a regular traveler and one that has been both a Hilton and Marriott Reward member and still am, I will say this is a great location and a very nice hotel.

Location is great, close to airport and plenty of good eats around it. Many within walking distance.

Hotel is clean and while not new, very well kept. The suites are all very nice, modernized and if I had to say anything bad it would be the bedroom is a bit small but not bad. Just don't plan on having a ton of room if you were to bring a child or two. The bed was okay, typical Residence Inn, nothing plush or fancy and a bit hard for me. I like feather pillows and again, these were moderate at best. I won't say I was disappointed because I figured they would be what they were. Cliff notes: The bed and pillows could be better.

Lobby and breakfast area are smallish too and rather loud. You can have a breakfast meeting/coffee but you won't be talking low if you do.

Overall, I felt it was a great value and I will stay here again if it's a short trip. Stays longer than 2 days I'd likely upgrade to another one with better beds and pillows.

I didn't use the room service or spa so I left my rating of those neutral.

Room Tip: I like a higher floor and stayed on the 7th floor here and it was quiet. Zero noise except for the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are really proud of our Residence Inn and the level of service that we provide. Although our beds and pillows may not be as plush as you might find in a Ritz or Renaissance, I assure you that the comfort of our guests is a primary concern. The next time you find yourself at our wonderful hotel please feel free to contact me and I or a member of our team will do whatever we can to increase your level of comfort. If you find our lobby area to be a bit on the “homey” side we would be more than happy to open our meeting room for you to enjoy a little more space. Just ask for the manager on duty and we will certainly do what we can to accommodate your needs. We greatly appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore. Try out one of our Two-Bedroom Suites. They are perfect for families.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Front desk is the worst ever. Should have listened to the other Trip Advisors. Room was clean. Bathroom sink was cracked. Tv had to be replaced. HBO was out. Furniture in decent condition (dated). Room was nice size. Breakfast was decent. For the value, should have stayed at another hotel. Ramon - engineer was nice as were housekeeping and breakfast team. Front desk needs training on customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. At the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore we welcome all feedback and we will use yours as a tool to assist us in training our team and bettering ourselves. I know you have spoken with Donald, our General Manager, but I also wanted to ensure I replied to your review online. Please rest assured that your concerns with the front desk have been addressed with the appropriate associates and I hope that you view this as an isolated incident at our property. We strive to provide excellent customer service and work hard at maintaining that service at a high level. We hope that you may try us again.

Operations Manager

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!