“Nice Pre-Cruise Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice Pre-Cruise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I Had a nice pre-cruise stay in July. The staff was very friendly and helpful with anything that I needed. On top of that, the hotel even provided a free shuttle to the cruise port the next morning. The rooms were very spacious, especially for one. I got the room as an express deal from Priceline so I did not know what I was getting until it was booked. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

The only issue I encountered was my room key must have somehow gotten demagnetized on my way to my room but that was easily corrected by the front desk. The only negative I can come up with in regards to the hotel has nothing to do with its rooms or amenities but rather the location. There wasn't much to do within walking distance in the area. However, I was only staying one night and this location was very convenient to the cruise port. The hotel does offer a courtesy shuttle to nearby attractions but I'm the type who likes to wander around.

I would definitely stay here again for a relaxing stay before partaking in the hustle bustle of a large cruise ship.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Jeff F,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our staff and our amenities. I would like to point out that there are several things to do within walking distance such as eat at restaurants, theaters and water activities along the RiverWalk. We hope to be able to have you stay with us again so that we can show you what else is able to be done right here in Tampa!

Thanks again,

Shab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The location was great! Close to Channel Side, had dinner at Bern's and all within a $7 cab ride. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and welcoming. They called after we arrived to check if there was anything we needed, all exceeding our expectations to that point. Oh, and the breakfast was great too! We frequent Tampa, and will stay here again.

Halloyrf,

Thank you for your great review and we are ecstatic to hear that we'll have the opportunity to have you stay with us again! As always, we are here to always do the best we can for each and every one of our guests.

Shab
Montgomery, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I/We (2 rooms) stayed at this property for a sorority conference and the staff really accommodated us with our tight schedule. The staff was WONDERFUL. The shuttle guy (Chad) I think...was EXCELLENT as well as the young lady that worked most nights that we were there. Chad went over and beyond the call of duty. He was also a great source of information (great restaurants etc...) If I had any complaints, it would be the parking and the slow elevators. Other than that we didn't have any complaints! Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: We were on the end on the 7th floor...never heard any noise. Room was nice and clean and staff was g...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Machea J,

Thank you so much for taking the time write a review about our hotel. Nothing brings us more pleasure than knowing that we are truly adding to your experience while staying in Tampa. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be able to have you stay with us again!

Shab Sachedina
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

"My wife and I stayed for five nights at this property in downtown Tampa. Like most hotels, there is good and bad.

The good: The location is great, very convenient to everything downtown or in South Tampa. As usual with Marriott properties the people (except as noted below) were great, especially at the front desk and the ladies that serviced breakfast. The breakfast, included, was very good with a decent selection of items.

The bad: The property is well worn. While the lobby looks reasonable, our room really needed updating. The carpet had numerous stains and was frayed badly in front of the bathroom door. The furniture is well worn, with stains on the sofa and a lot of wear on the chairs. Thee popcorn on the ceiling was peeling off. The sink had a huge crack in it. We consistently asked for items to be restocked in our room (even leaving written notes) but the notes were taken but items were not left (sugar, creamer, etc.) so we had to troop down to the lobby. The worst part is that for two separate days a dirty rag was left in our room on the counter by housekeeping and a bag of trash was left for a day outside our door. I don't know if they were just in a rush or what. We finally complained at the front desk and it stopped. Lastly, even though it is not obvious or consistent on the Marriott web site, you should know that parking is $14 a night, (which the hotel manager reduced to $9 after I pointed it out, and I'm appreciate of that) which isn't bad. it's just one of the reasons we selected this property, versus several in the area.

All in all, for what you pay for a downtown hotel, the property was okay and we would probably stay there again. But it was not up to Marriott standards."

Room Tip: The hotel is located in downtown Tampa, so there is no good view. I would ask for a room on the upp...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Al E E,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our hospitality and our employees that work everyday to keep smiles on the faces of our guests. We have read and understood your remarks about our hotel. We are always working to improve our hotel and your information will certainly help us do that.

Shab Sachedina
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I only stay at Marriotts, I travel at least twice a month and am always satisfied with my stay. I have one complaint about this location and that's the fee for parking. The woman at the desk told me I can park in their secured lot (code access and gate) for $14, or just park at a meter. To ensure the safety of my vehicle I decided to pay the $14/per day fee. Upon arrival from my evenings events I found that the lot was full, I called the front desk and they directed me to another lot (halfway fenced in old dirt plot, no gate or sense of security) but equal distance from the hotel. If you don't mind paying extra per day then I highly recommend this location. It's very close to all the major attractions downtown Tampa has to offer, you can't beat the free breakfast, and all the rooms are suites which provides so much room for activities.

JS Kearney,

Thank you for the time that you took to write your review! We appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay. Just so that you and all other reader know, the average parking rate in downtown Tampa is $23.00 a night. We do have one of the best prices for parking in the downtown area. We are here to work with our guests to do all that we can to ensure that they enjoy their stay. We are happy that you let us know what we could do to make your stay better. We hope to be able to have you stay with us again!
Frisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I work for a Residence Inn in Idaho and I can say I really enjoyed the staff and services. Everyone and everything were nice! The location was great. We were able to get to the events and attractions within a few miles of the hotel. The staff was very approachable and had plenty knowledge of the Tampa Bay Area.

AlexisKey,

Thank you so much for your review; especially for someone that is in the same field and working in the same type of hotel! We hope to be able to have you come and stay with us again.
Beverly Hills, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The managers of the hotel, Deidre and Rizza (I think that's her name) are amazing. The most welcoming people around. The breakfast was good - same old Residence Inn breakfast. The pool area was nice. There's a salt water pool, whirlpool, bbq area, sports court and firepit. The rooms were good - a tad bit worn but still in good condition.
If you have a dog, you will love this place. Very dog friendly. (Not that there are dogs all over the hotel but the front desk had a few guest dogs behind it because the guests were out for the day)
Evening reception was good (bad beer and wine - as usual for Residence Inn - but the snacks were good).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FamilyTravelMom22,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and we hope that if you come back to Tampa that you would not hesitate to stay with us again! We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of the complimentary amenities that we offer our guests!

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!