“Your own little apartment in Downtown Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #54 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Your own little apartment in Downtown Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Whatever your reason for being in Downtown Tampa, this is an almost perfect place to set up your temporary residence even for a couple of days. A real efficiency apartment inside a hotel, you have a bedroom, living room and a full kitchen and at the same time, all the amenities of a basic style no frills hotel.

The rooms facing on the courtyard are very quiet and peacefult. There's a basketball court, jacuzzi and pool in the yard and a rudimentary 24 hr gym off the lobby. Otherwise because the town is spread out and noisy with on and off ramps everywhere, going for a quick jaunt to a store or restaurant is not in the playbook, esp at night. It really takes an hour to go out and get coffee or buy a sandwich and come back to your hotel. This is Tampa, Its not NY or South beach. There is maybe one business per city block and some blocks just have an office building or parking lot. Good new is the Hotel has a free shuttle bus that covers a two mile radius so you can get to walgreens or Publix or specific places. Downtown Tampa is like a suburb with big buildings.

There is a free breakfast, not so bad.. and the people that work the hotel are the very nice, friendly and helpful . Bathrooms are large and comfortable but plumbing is not in that great a condition.

Room Tip: I took third floor over courtyard. It is as intimate as Tampa gets.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Mr. Fornowsky,

Thank you for the time that you took to tell everyone how much you enjoyed staying at our hotel. It was such a pleasure to meet you and actually tell you face to face how much we appreciate it. We look forward to having you come back to stay with us again.

Have a great day!
Shab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I just checked out of the hotel for a brief stay due to a death in the family. Can I just say how wonderful and compassionate the staff are. It wasn't the best reason why I was in Tampa, but everyone from the hotel manager to the cleaning staff were all pleasant and positive. They really lifted my vibe and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my stay. And the hot buffet for breakfast was an added extra! I can't wait to come back again on another trip when I can really just relax and have fun. I know where I'll be staying!

• Stayed February 2014
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
SnowySummer66,

It is never easy to go through what you did but we are so happy that we had the chance to uplift your spirits and put a smile on your face. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and thank you so much for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience with us. Our entire staff sends our condolences again for your loss and we look forward to having you come back to stay with us.

Take care,

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Chose this hotel because they had a free shuttle to the cruise ship port. Nice hotel. Clean and quiet room. Big selection at continental breakfast. In the downtown area, near restaurants and places to visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Mprochn,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you are having a great time on your cruise!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I reviewed Tripadvisor before booking a 3 night stay here. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The manager Diedre and her staff frequently greeted guests by name as they came and went through the lobby. You can tell they have a lot of "Cruise Traffic" - folks who stay for a few nights before their ship departs. The rooms were well-worn. The courtyard shared with Courtyard by Mariott was very nicely landscaped with a heated pool and hot tub (welcome on a cool January day!) The hotel sits at the West edge of downtown and is walking distance from museums and casual dining. I rented a bike from City Bike just two blocks away - big fun! The Residence Inn shuttle bus, driven by cheerful Charlotte, took me to Walgreens, the post office and dropped me off for a fun afternoon in Ybor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Susan D,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to tell others of your experience. We always try to make sure that we make each and every guests feel as much at home while they stay with us. We hope that we have the pleasure of having your come and stay with us again!

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We just spent 3 nights at Residence Inn Downtown . Can't say enough about the friendly staff . From the front desk on all shifts,staff at breakfast, housekeeping and the wonderful shuttle drivers we had nothing but good vibes . The hotel was busy as we were there during the Gasparilla festival . The one bed room suite we had was a bit dated but very clean and spacious . The full kitchen area was handy and much used during our short day . We left Ontario to get some warmth in Tampa and our whole stay at the Residence Downtown made the trip that nuch nicer . Grat location , walking distance to everything we planned on seeing .

Thanks to everyone there who were so kind to us .

Jim and Nancy

Room Tip: One bedroom queen facing courtyard with balcony was very nice .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Jim and Nancy,

Thank you so much for staying with us during such a fun weekend! What a pleasure it is to hear how much fun you had and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you come and visit us again in the near future!

Director of Sales
Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The downtown Residence Inn is located just a few hundred feet from where the Gasparilla Pirate Parade ends. Makes for a great base of operations for fun. The staff is really friendly, professional and helpful. We were greeted on our arrival yesterday morning by the General Manager, Deidre and presented with a nice little snack bag for my 4 yr old daughter. They let us check in early without a fuss.

This morning, Shab Sachedina (Director of Sales) was bustling through the breakfast rooms, chatting with all the guests - many of whom had obviously been coming to this property for Gasparilla for years - checking if folks needed anything. Really nice to see.

Watching guests leave, exchanging hugs with Shab and others, it was easy to see how much they appreciated their stay. We used to stay at Embassy Suites, further into downtown, but I can see that we have a new place to stay!

Room Tip: Over look the courtyard if possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reenzo,

It was so wonderful to meet you both and it was great to have you with us to celebrate Gasparilla together! We thank you for giving our hotel a try and thank you so much for taking your time to share your great experience.

See you next year!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have mixed reviews about my reservation and stay. The staff was really friendly... The property it self needed some upkeep and house keeping. I called and requested the senior rate for my stay for a two bedroom suite. Once I got the confirmation email I called back and was informed that once I check in the Senior rate would be applied. When we arrived at the hotel I asked about my senior rate and I was told ...oh they sold out.....this really issed me off... but it was too late to go anywhere else.... They have a nice hotel shuttle but no airport shuttle... Have to pay to get there... also not knowledgeable about nearby stores and etc.... I have stayed in better Residence Inns and should have looked more before booking... They have a good pool and a basketball court and like I said the Staff was really friendly

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
MZPASTRYCHEF,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and I'm happy that you really enjoyed our staff. Having friendly, happy and helpful staff is very important to us so when I read that you were not very well taken care of with your rate request and weren't given good local information, it has gotten me quite concerned. I would appreciate it if you were able to call the hotel and speak with me so that I can get some more information. Getting reviews is always important so that we know that we are doing a good job and so that we know where we need to focus some additional training efforts. We do have a complimentary shuttle that is available for our guests within a 2 mile radius. The airport is a further than 2 miles and so we have put into place a partnership with a local transportation company that will help you save $20.00 round-trip. Please call us and we are more than happy to give you their information.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Shab Sachedina

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!