“Nice hotel right in downtown Tampa.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Chesterfield, VA
“Nice hotel right in downtown Tampa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel before leaving on a cruise out of the Port of Tampa. Check-in was a bit dicey with the staff being cool, yet polite, but not helpful at all with checking on room status, etc. Parking is across the street and there is a fee. The check-in staff became much more friendly and attentive once they realized we were Marriott Gold Rewards members, but that should have not made a difference in their attitude or demeanor. The room/suite was fairly small but comfortable and clean. A breakfast buffet was included the next morning and was adequate and what one would expect. If at all possible, request a room on the backside of the hotel away from the street. Our room on the front experienced a lot of traffic noise.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GMRITAMPADOWNTOWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for writing and staying with us prior to your cruise. I wanted to follow up and apologize for the check in observation you had. I will forward your comment to the appropriate staff. You did mention being a Marriott Rewards Gold Member and wanted to specifically thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels.

Safe travels,

Stephano Anamisis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Middletown, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is the absolute worst hotel experience I have ever had! First of all let me say that the assistant GM tried very hard to make things better but he was clearly working with a bunch of incompetents (particularly house keeping!). First of all when we checked in we were informed that there were no cribs or pack n plays left for our infant daughter nor were there any rooms with 2 beds. At this point we knew that none of us would be getting any sleep in the dbl bed we were stuck with. Our room was filthy! Body hair all over the bathroom floor, finger prints on mirror and windows, pubic hair in bathtub, groceries left in cupboards... I could go on! I called and complained and assist GM was very apologetic and offered to send housekeeping immediately to clean room. I asked that they wait and come while we were out to dinner. On our way out I stopped at desk and gave diff agent our room # and she assured me she would send HK immediately. We were out for over 3 hours and upon returning bathroom still filthy. Dirty diapers left in garbage, hair still on floor and in tub. I called front desk and lady apologized stating she had told them to come. She offered to send us some milk from the market! Seriously??? HK came a short time later with a rag and a spray bottle. I asked about vacuum and was informed that they dont use vacuums on floors only carpet. A mop maybe? Instead she persisted to spray floor and wipe hairs onto carpet!! Then asked me to check the floor. I pointed out several hairs still on floor which she hastily swept away again onto carpet. I had to ask her to change garbage and didn't even get into dust and fingerprints. I'm ready to cry!! I'm so disgusted as I lay wide awake with my 7 month old beside me. This isn't even safe. I've stayed at Marriott more times than I can count and never was told they have no pack n plays. This stay has been a nightmare since we walked in the door!!!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We reserved a "suite" for two weeks. After two hours of our 14-night stay, here's what I know:
1) The "suite" is bedroom with a couch, chair and mini-kitchen jammed into it.
2) At a glance, the dishwasher is obviously falling apart.
3) The sliding closest doors are also falling apart and open only with lots of muscle.
4) The lounge chair appears to be 50 years old.
5) The Internet connect is s-l-o-w, but it does work.
6) No ice tray in the freezer, no ice bucket. After waiting an hour for an ice bucket, we used the laundry bag.
7) A shelf on the wall droops at about a 15% angle.
8) The drapes and pictures are nice.

I am currently shopping for another place to stay for the remaining 13 nights. I'll update this review if anything changes.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

These Property was easily the best 3 Star Property I ever stayed at. Bordering on a 4 star except for Property Type. The 1 bedroom suite I had was spacious, with a fully equipped kitchen, excellent desk area for working with your Lap top, excellent wifi offering both wireless and ethernet connections, one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept on, great shower heads, excellent, one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had in this type property. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for your preference fro a room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Weston, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We arrived in a chilly night about 8:00PM with exausted infants and it took a while to the frontdesk staff on duty open the door to us. Helpfulness was a missing issue in that hotel. We were by your own to carry your luggage to the room. Room was large and comfortable but needs repairs and a better cleanliess. There was no safe in the room and bathroom needs a retrofit. Common areas were dirty and showed signs of deterioration as well. Complimentary breakfast was below average but coffee was fine. Internet access worked fine. It was a good deal, one room fits our family of five and it was fairly close to Busch Gardens, but we probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GMRITAMPADOWNTOWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback and staying with us. I am happy to hear that our larger suite size and complimentary amenities overall made us a good value. You did mention some items that included not having a doorman to assist with bags. We typically have several staff members on duty at all times which are able to assist in cases like yours. I do apologize if this was not the case or communicated to you during your particular stay. Thanks again for staying with us while visiting Busch Gardens.

Madeira Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The staff at this hotel is great to work with. We brought a large group on a very busy weekend, and they were nothing but pleasant all the way. Every one of the staff members was cheerful and helpful (and I know they were stressed, but, it didn't show). The rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable and the breakfast is good, too. Thanks for another enjoyable stay - we'll be back again next year.

Room Tip: Just ask, they will give you the best one available. Also, rooms overlooking the courtyard are quie...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
GMRITAMPADOWNTOWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and your comments regarding your stay. Please let me know if I can be of service during a future stay.

Bradenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The hotel room was very quiet, clean and comfortable.
The complimentary breakfast was good.
The shuttle has too many runs in the AM. We waited 45 min. and finally walked to the convention center. It was good any other hour of the day.
They fixed a sink drain problem the same day I reported it .
The area seemed fine in the daytime, but would not walk alone at night. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business