“CLEAN, FRIENDLY, AFFORDABLE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa FL
“CLEAN, FRIENDLY, AFFORDABLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have stayed in the Sheraton Suites 6 times in the last 3 months as we are using a medical facility in the vicinity periodically. The Hotel is much more convenient and easier than driving the hour home after procedures. The hotel is perfect for our situation. The bedroom is separated from the living area with a door so my spouse can be resting while I have access to the rest of the living area with easy chair, couch, TV, large desk, microware and refrigerator. There are large TV’s in both rooms. We have stayed in both the East and West wings toward the front and find it quiet and easy to get sleep.
The price was reasonable for the area and low when you figure in the large amount of space. The entire staff throughout the hotel has been great, going out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The dining room serves very good food again at a reasonable price with a happy staff. The whole hotel is kept very clean and in good repair, even if it is not the newest. The rooms surround a large atrium with healthy trees, plants and a running stream which makes for a very restful atmosphere. For our needs it is ideal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Salty7c,

We are so glad you have found our hotel helpful in your trips to Tampa. Thank you for the supportive comments which will be shared with our team members.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice place. The Atrium is exquisite and very cool to be in there. The glass elevators give you a great view of it as you go up yo your room. The rooms are nicely decorated and elegant and contemporary. Really nice! A must stay! Oh and the breakfast Buffett is tasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Nathan B,

Thank you for the kind words. Exquisite, elegant, contemporary, nice, tasty. I love your adjectives, Nathan.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great and attentive staff... good breakfast (not included)... excellent location.

The rooms are outdated, and carpets etc.. bathroom are pretty sub par for a Sheraton, that said comfortable bed, pillows etc..

Clean pool... though it's for exercise not for relaxation at all.

Wifi in lobby, but come on Sheraton! In this day and age, it's indecent to still charge for room wifi... it's just a grandfathered old policy from the days when internet was a luxury.

I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear dolphelia,

I appreciate you staying with us and for your constructive feedback. On the Internet charge, while Starwood and the other major brands continue to charge an access fee, I know they are monitoring feedback such as yours to guide their decisions. Stay tuned. On the décor, the hotel was completely renovated in late 2009 including all of the suites. It was done in earth tones reminiscent of the 1970’s with chocolate browns and rust red as two of the main colors. It is both retro and trendy at the same time; only your perspective choses which one. Thank you for the comments.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Parking was a non-hassle. Lobby: lady had a good sense of humor. She says: "Do I feel like checking you in tonight?" and we exchange euphemisms. She puts me on 7th floor; I later come to find out that floor has a sign that reads "Starwood Preferred Guest Level". And I've never stayed at this hotel and have no rewards points. I'll take it! Lobby is gorgeous (an adjective I rarely use, lol) - a pleasant "balance" of palm trees and streams. Room is huge for one person. Suite-style, with two flat screen TVs. Bed: I will preface my comment by saying - I am married to a woman who is meticulous, and the bed she makes is something to brag about. She would scold me for saying this perhaps.....the bed was so comfortable, I think it actually absorbed me into itself. Dang. I was appreciative to have Starbucks coffee "pods", real creamer, and lid/supplies in the room - the powder creamer and cheap stuff is a turn-off for me. I didn't have enough time to enjoy the fitness center/pool or other amenities. Really enjoyed my time here; great value.

Room Tip: 7th floor was bomb diggity
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Gabriel L,

Bomb diggity! What a cool review! There’s a lot going on directly above and it all sounds good. Thank you for staying with us and I am so pleased we exceeded your expectations. Be sure and bring your wife on your next trip, I want to win her over too!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I greatly anticipated this trip. It was important to my professional life - and a day on the beach was important to my wife's personal life. The hotel is VERY easy to find along I-275 (which apparently will be under construction for three more years), though to get on the expressway, you currently have to drive the opposite way from the hotel you wish to go (found that out the hard way the first day and ended up on a causeway in St. Petersburg FAR from where I needed to be). It is also very convenient to the airport, and is centrally located to just about anywhere I wanted or needed to be.

It gives the appearance of previously being one of the hotels who makes their name with rooms outlining a gigantic atrium. And supposedly they have updated the hotel with a huge renovation. And some of the upgrades are notable.

Most of the staff seemed friendly, and were helpful in terms of letting you use things like luggage carts. But they seemed utterly stumped in terms of what to do when something obvious got overlooked. More on that later.

Although they are full two-room suites, the bathrooms are ridiculously claustrophobic with very low water pressure. But at least the upgrades they have made with the shower curtain and head made it a bit more pleasant. And towels, when they provide them, are soft and large.

The room is very spacious with all the needed amenities except for a safe. It even included two free bottles of water. The lighting is surprisingly good in the rooms, even if finding each light's on/off switch is a bit of a challenge. There are also plenty of outlets, including on each light.

The TV's are large and adequate. There aren't that many channels to choose from and the remote controls barely worked. But it was all I needed.

The bed is absolutely SUPERB, as are the pillows. Definitely the high point of our visit to this hotel - and a noted feature for future visits.

BUT THE GOOD ENDED THERE. I stayed three nights, and my room was not made up once, despite visits both to the front desk and to housekeeping. I thought it might be because more of these hotels don't provide daily housekeeping, though I found out that this was not the case at this hotel. It just didn't get done. And no one seemed concerned about what to do about it.

At check-out, it never fails that if I had a good stay somewhere, the front desk staff will ask me (usually fourteen different ways) about my stay. But as usual, because my stay was not good, the front desk clerk did not ask me one question about my stay and his face told me he'd have had little interest in hearing had someone tried to tell him.

Other quibbles include the internet, which is a ridiculous $10/day for a signal that jumps between inconsistent and ridiculously slow. Folks, this would be barely adequate if it were free, but at that price screams of highway robbery.

As for the breakfast, at one time this would have been a hotel that would have offered a free, full, cooked-to-order breakfast, and that would come with the price of the room. No more. The breakfast is VERY high priced, and the buffet is downright chintzy now. Very little variety (especially on the weekends). The food was not attractive, and the hot food had clearly been sitting there awhile, even though it was hardly the end of the breakfast time when I showed up. There is very little help, and you have to wait and wait and wait for a coffee refill or to get your ticket.

Starwood used to be a hotel chain that I looked at as the best of the best of the best. No more. Choose carefully where you go in their system - it looks like they are trying to find ways to "cheap out."

Room Tip: There are a few rooms not on the four-sided atrium back in corners on each floor. While similar in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear WRGiant44,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay. I appreciate your constructive comments pointing out positive attributes and also the challenges you encountered. Please accept my apologies for the frustrations we caused. Our team is using your feedback to help focus on improving our consistency. I hope to have the opportunity in the future to show you that we can do better.
Valley Stream
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We ended up staying two nights in Tampa and wanted it near the airport. With so many choices, I am glad we selected the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was very comfortable. Normally guests spent only one night at this property, as at most airport properties. Our kids loved the pool and enjoyed the gym (even though not much time was spend at gym or pool). Staff at Front Desk was friendly and assisted with any question we had. Check in and check out was smooth and they have a excellent restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Read their website carefully. They may offer a one bedroom suite for same rate as standard double ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear mirellabonilla,

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent visit with us. Indeed, our proximity to the acclaimed Tampa Airport is a plus but we are also a great central location for all of the Tampa Bay attractions. Or…, sleep in and enjoy your suite and our hotel’s amenities. Thank you for staying with us and for the kind remarks.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Sheraton Suites Tampa really exceeded my expectations. The lobby with it's atrium is really quite lovely and relaxing with lots of tropical vegetation. The suites where very spacious, there is a large bedroom and a separate area with a pull out couch, refrigerator, microwave and a comfortable and huge desk that was just perfect for working on my computer at night while the kids slept on the other room! The beds where comfortable, the room was spotless and the laminate floors in the living area where so much better than having carpet everywhere. The staff at the front desk was friendly and accommodating, there was so confusion with our reservation (nothing that had to do with the hotel staff) and they had no problem correcting that quickly always maintaining a great attitude and sincere smile. During breakfast our sever Tatjana was a real sweetheart, super friendly with the kids, quick and professional. The only thing I would improve would be the breakfast, the pastries where not fresh and the buffet table was a bit messy but overall we loved the hotel, felt really welcomed and where very happy with our experience.

I am a travel writer at 365thingsswfl.com and my stay was comped, however all opinions are honest and are based on our experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear 365ThingsSWFL,

Wow, for a professional traveler who has visited six continents, I am honored to receive such a top-notch review! Our staff will be pleased to read your comments. I also appreciate the constructive feedback on the buffet, we can fixed those issues.

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!