“Not 5 star, but you will likely be happy here....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #68 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Not 5 star, but you will likely be happy here....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Spent a Spring Training weekend with the fellas here, and overall this is a decent property.  Especially if you pay less than $200 a night.

Less than 10 minutes from TPA, the property is close to most of the Tampa attractions and bar districts. Ybor, South Howard and Channelside are within an easy cab ride away if you are looking for nightlife.

Yankees ballpark very close; an easy 10 minute ride, likely less.

The property has a free shuttle from the airport and there are several dining options within walking distance.

The rooms are great being a "suite". Having a separate living room with TV and pull out couch is nice especially if traveling with a third person. The hotel is nice with a really cool open atrium and lobby bar.  While no 5 star resort, it is a decent property. It was pretty clean.  There is also an indoor pool if you are into that.

Overall, a great "fairly" upscale property in the middle of a lot of things to do and places to eat.  For a huge "suite" room, in a decent location, you really can't go wrong with this place. Especially if your budget is under $200 a night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear GeorgeRohman

Play Ball! When these two words are yelled by the guy in blue, all things are possible, especially during Spring Training. All teams are tied for first, the score is 0-0 and everyone has the potential to be an all-star. Glad you and the boys enjoyed your jaunt to see some games and thank you for the nice review. See you at the ballpark!

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
tallahassee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

the water is not free! Staff was unhelpful and not friendly. On the plus, we really enjoyed our stay. Contrary to other reviews the noise from the interstate did not bother me. There were a lot of places to dine nearby. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and had a great time. The room is divided, which is an added benefit. I was able to wake up early and do work in the business area without disturbing anyone else in the bedroom. There is a decent indoor pool and fitness center. No big deal. Good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear jasone879

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay overall but not the report about the staff. We usually get raves on friendliness and making connections. We will continue to focus on this. A note on the water, all suites should have one medium bottle of water that is complementary and a larger bottle that is for sale. We hope to see you when travel again brings you to the Tampa Bay area.
Lechlade, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights on business. Unfortunately lots of negatives - Rooms are in a poor condition, not cleaned or kept upto the same standard of other Sheratons. I am not fussy but toe nail clippings on the floor are pushing it. My room on the highway side were very noisy from 0500-2300. The gym had 3 treadmills, with only one that worked properly. If you are interested in doing any mat/floor/free weight work forget it if there is more than one person there due to the strange long narrow shape of the gym. If you want to use the pool - forget it. I visited the gym/pool 4 times during my stay and every time the pool had been taken over by the same two swimming teachers who were conducting toddler swimming classes. Strange...perhaps another income stream for the hotel! Let me end on a couple of positives - on the one occasion I ate in the restaurant the service and food were both good. Although the immediate area was not great - Tampa has a lot to offer! I highly recommend Busch gardens no matter what the age - great day out, great coasters and lots of animals to see in the safari plains enclosures.

Room Tip: Stay away from Highway side of hotel - (part furthest from reception) too noisy if you want an early...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MacFly101

Thank you for the review and the constructive feedback. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you encountered in your suite and in the fitness room. Our housekeeping manager is following up on the suite cleanliness and our chief engineer is inspecting all of the cardio equipment in the fitness center to make sure everything works as it should. I am sorry your visit was not all that you wished it to be but I also appreciate your kind words about your dining experience.
Amherst, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night after a visit and were heading back home. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable. But the furniture was sticky , books were sticking to them,apparently not washed after a previous guest, there was a dirty bic razor in the shower, there was only one coffee cup in the room. The buffet at St James Restaurant was terrible. For $12.00 each we got cold scrambled eggs, stale muffins, greasy sausage and the bacon was cold. I would not recommend this Sheraton at all.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear 1999shatze2010

There is never an excuse for anything less than impeccable cleanliness and I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Likewise in the dining room, we need to be on our game every day for every guest. We usually get high marks in both areas and I share my regret with you and your daughter for letting you down. If travel brings you through Tampa in the future, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you we can do better. Please email me at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com when the time is right.
North Port, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night, it was a Saturday. The things I liked about this Sheraton was the convenience of the restaraunt. We ate lunch and dinned here and I had a grouper sandwich & monterey chicken sandwich, both were very good & the homeade chips and onion dip were delicious. We stayed in a king deluxe suite on the 8th floor which was very reasonably priced. Our room was large and the bed was extremely comfy! The atrium part of the hotel was great,I honestly wish they would have flipped the hotel inside out so that the hallways were on the outside and the rooms were looking out into the atrium where it was way more quiet. Here are the cons I found, while the bed was sooo comfy, I did not get a good night of sleep, there was construction going on and a loud CONSTANT beeping simaliar to a truck backing up was going off until very late. Also the noise of the traffic was very noticeable. I had read in previous reviews that the noise was not a problem, but where we stayed it was enough to keep me up half the night, an occasional honk or the sound of a semi passing was always heard. I'm not sure if it was because it was a saturday night,if you brought ear plugs you'd be fine. The other con is a small one, the elevator buttons were hard to figure out (I know sounds stupid ,right?) but there were a bunch of buttons clearly marked for alarms and whatnot. While we were there we had on 3 separate occasions- 3 different people ask US how to use the elevator for fear that they were going to push an alarm button! A simple label next to the appropriate button would help save alot of confusion for new guests. All in all I liked this hotel alot, but I would not stay here again because of the location and noise.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a room as close to the front of the hotel as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear TheCudaQueen

Thank you for the wealth of feedback. Last Saturday night the office building to our east was pressure washing the exterior and while they are our good neighbors, they were not open to curtailing their efforts. I am sorry this detracted from your stay. Thankfully, they are now on the other side of their building. Thank you for the nice comments about the hotel and you make a great point about the elevators. We just finished installing new controls and we can look at some notations for the buttons. Thank you again for the review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were highly impressed with the Sheraton!!! Very clean, awesome staff, and the view of the inside of the hotel is just as beautiful as the outside. You will definitely be impressed also. After being greatly disappointed and checking out of another of Tampa's establishments it was very refreshing to walk into the Sheraton and see the difference. Crazy that it was half the price as the place we were disgusted by.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Bradnoshoes

We are happy you found your home in Tampa! Our team was pleased to read your review. It would be a better world if we all went bare footed more often.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites after our cruise. The shuttle picks you up at the cruise port and will also take you to the airport! The rooms are huge and very well appointed. The indoor pool was so relaxing. Staff was top notch...no complaints what so ever. Will surely make this one of my "return" hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Livsun

Cruising is so much fun. Every Sunday we take folks to the Tampa cruise port and I want to stowaway and take to the high seas! If I don’t show up to work some Monday, you’ll know why. Thanks for the nice words and keep living in the sun!

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!