“An older property, but good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #69 of 159 hotels in Tampa
VA
“An older property, but good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had not stayed in a Sheraton Suites in recent memory and business colleagues and I stayed here two nights. The good: Liked the desk layout. This hotel is great for the business traveler. Outlets galore: on every lamp, lots at the desk. The desk was part of the renovation, was at a good height, and reasonably well lit. The breakfast was good. The sleep quality was good --- but I moved to the back of the hotel. The road noise on the main highway wasn't oppressive, but I like peace and quiet. They moved me no problem. The breakfast was great -- and they serve Soy milk -- 25% of the US is unable to drink milk products so this was very courteous.

The airport shuttle guys were great. They run a shuttle every 20 minutes at :00, :20, and :40.

My only criticism was that the carpets were dirty and the rooms are definitely old. They've overall done a pretty good job with the property. This is more of a 3.5 stars joint, but good service by the employees made this a good stay.

There's an excellent steakhouse next door -- Charlie's. Walked to Waffle House one morning -- you are better off with their own restaurant for breakfast. Nice buffet -- more than the one waffle iron job at some chains.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hotel are best if you want quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear FredTravelVA

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad the suite design was to your liking and that you enjoyed your interactions with our team members. Carpets can never be ‘too’ clean and we will follow-up on that. Also happy to see that you enjoyed our neighbor, Charley’s Steak House. When the breeze comes from the west, a delicious aroma of grilled beef wafts over the hotel. Yum!

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton in Tampa. We had a lovely suite with two comfortable queen beds. We really liked having a fridge and microwave in our room. Our daughter-in-law and baby grandson came for a visit. We found a really nice chair grouping near the bar where we could sit, have a drink and talk. Since we had the baby it was convenient for us to eat right at the hotel restaurant. We had two appetizers, the humus and caprese appetizer. Both were very good. I had a Rachel sandwich and my husband had the grouper sandwich. Big portions for a very reasonable price.
We used the fitness center and the pool. Neither one were busy.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would choose this hotel again if we were in the area.
We used hotwire so we got our room for a very good price.
I would have rated the hotel higher if the elevators were all working.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear csb14

Helping our guests make connections is a cornerstone for Sheraton and I am happy to hear you enjoyed time with your family in our hotel. The grouper sandwich is my favorite and I recommend it blackened. The elevator project is just about finished, I am happy to say. We look forward to your next visit!
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A conference that I needed to attend for business purposes was being held at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, so it was very convenient for me to also book a room here.

For the standard of rate of a typical higher end airport hotel, I was given a two-room King bed suite with a wet bar, separate living room (with a sofa bed), two TV's, & a kitchenette.

Highly recommend for the value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Christine C

Thank you for the review and for your business. We are glad we fit the bill for your conference in Tampa. I hope you can visit again for pleasure and enjoy the paradise we call home!
washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

When I go to Tampa, I always stay at this hotel. Sadly this week there was no room available for me and I had to stay somewhere else. That did not keep me from paying a visit to the hotel restaurant to get their delicious chicken quesadillas and brownie a la mode. I love this hotels food and wish I could have stayed there just to have more quesadillas than what I did.

Room Tip: whenever I've stayed here, I have enjoyed any room I was in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear reachteresa

I am checking with the chef on what the secret ingredient is for those quesadillas, I will report back. Sorry we could not accommodate you this week but so glad you came in for a visit. Looking forward to your next trip to Tampa!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean as Sheraton usually is. If you want free wi-fi you have to go to the lobby otherwise you will have to pay $9.99 plus tax per night. The hotel has nice interior gardens with a restaurant in the middle of the interior garden.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Touristedunord

Always happy to welcome our neighbors to the north. You likely picked a good week to be in Florida. We appreciate you staying with us and glad you enjoyed your stay. Let’s get you signed up for Starwood Preferred Guest and with the higher levels, Internet is complimentary.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For the value, I think this was a great deal. The room has a suite set up so there is plenty of extra room. We only stayed one night, so we were able to check in (early, the desk clerk seemed to work hard to find us a room even though we were much before check in time) which was very appreciated. We then headed out to Clearwater for a while, came back, got cleaned up and got a cab to take us out on the town. Again, it was centrally located, if you are wanting to be near airport, stadium, this one is a no brainer. More so there are not one, but two local malls nearby.
Room was nice, again, suite setup, clean, and just overall convenient. We will definitely stay here again when traveling through Tampa. The only downside, which obviously is temporary was 2 of 4 elevators were being worked on (upgraded to digit controls) so it just made a bit of a wait - which was fine, got a chance to enjoy the nice atrium.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear beardown_pdv

I don’t think I could have written a nicer review (oops, don’t get any ideas that I do that!). Value, great, plenty, location, nice, clean, convenient. We are glad all those words came to mind to describe us. FYI - Elevator project is nearing the end.
Cold Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 4 days in Tampa area and was very happy with our hotel selection. The hotel was nicely located for our crew which needed to work out of MacDill AFB. The drive was about 15-20 minutes. The check-in was painless, the restaurant had a good selection. The hotel has one of the nicest Gym in town. The hotel was having some work done on two of their four elevators. This slowed down the transit up/down but was nothing more than an extra 2-3 minutes of wait. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. I would return there without a doubt. I can never say anything wrong with Sheraton's beds and pillow comfort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear hom409

We appreciate your kind comments and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We further appreciate those in uniform whether it be American or Canadian working hard to insure our freedom. From all of us, thank you.

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!