“Best for business traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #72 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best for business traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Former Embassy Suites; beautiful lobby. Indoor pool. Extra large rooms and somewhat small bath though updated. Microwave and fridge in suite. In a business area so a bit tricky finding area restaurants and somewhat limited. Easy drive to local malls. Right off interstate.

Room Tip: No tips for how to choose a good room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Midwestraveler10

We appreciate your business and your visit from the Show Me state. All told, the Westshore district has over 250 restaurants to satisfy every palate and tummy. Our staff is at the ready to assist in making a selection and will provide a complimentary shuttle to and from within a three-mile radius.

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Athens, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose this property due to a promotion from Starwood and the large rooms that gave our family of four room to stretch out. The hotel is in good condition and comfortable for our 3 night stay. We found the breakfast buffet tasty and reasonably priced. The location also made our trips to Islands of adventure and other attractions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear AthensGator

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and some of the great nearby attractions. A Gator in Bulldog country?! That takes fortitude.
Prospect, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a fairly nice property. I really used to enjoy staying here. The rooms are all suites, the beds are comfortable, the accommodations are clean. However, if you plan on swimming here before you check out, in their nice indoor pool, well.. that won't be happening. This hotel contracts their pool out to a group that provides swimming lessons to pre-school children. And, they don't exactly tell you the truth about it. Swimming laps is very important to me and I always do my best to book a hotel with an indoor pool. I was here in March.. they had the pool blocked to the kid's groups. I called in advance this trip and was told the kids were finished by 9 am. Not so, not so. They go until afternoon. I just want other people to know about this. If you don't care about swimming then you're in luck: this is a nice facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Penryn C

Thank you for the candid feedback. I apologize that our staff gave conflicting information concerning the swimming pool. The pool hosts a swim class Monday through Thursday during the day in the shallow end of the pool. The rest of the pool is available. The entire pool is available every evening and all day Friday through Sunday. Thank you for the kind remarks about the accommodations and we hope to see you again. Anyone who has questions regarding the pool or any other area of the hotel is encouraged to contact me directly at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed to get out of my house for two nights so a termite tent could be installed. Selected the Sheraton Suite because there was no doggy fee. Wonderful staff! Kept my refrigerator items cold till my room was ready. Softest, most luxurious bedding ever. Lobby garden is gourgoeus. Close to two great malls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear cookiebuchman

Glad we could be there in your time of need. Hope your four legged family member enjoyed their stay as well!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great beds, nice and comfy as other people have said. Restaurant has good food, not alot of selection but prices are good. Highway noise wasnt noticeable on the seventh floor we were on. All in all good spot thats easy to get to and good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear garymf

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you don’t see what you’re looking for on the menu, ask. If we have the ingredients, we’ll make it. See you next time.
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for three days for out honeymoon. I made our reservation months ahead of time. When we arrived there were dozens of young children running around and very little parking spaces. We later found out that there was a soccer group and they will ne leaving the next day. I was disappointed that we did not get a room on the 8 th floor ad discussed, but it was ok once the loss finally settled down. One day we decided to sleep in before venturing to the beach. When we left I said hello to the cleaning lady to make sure she knew we were leaving. When we came back our room was not touched. I had to go to Tue front desk to get towels. They sent someone up with the towels 15 minutes later. I thought she would've came in to fix or at least look at the room...that was a dream thought.
all know it was an okay stay but I think I would choose another hotel if I wanted to go back to Tampa

• Stayed October 2012
Dear ACluvsMG

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your visit last month. All stays should be flawless especially your honeymoon. I am sorry for the inconveniences you encountered with the cleaning of your room. We take all comments as constructive and use them to improve. Congratulations on your wedding. Your moniker says it all!
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stay here on business alot and the rooms are great. They're clean, comfortable, and very large.
I love the two room concept too.
The internet actually works, wired and wireless. Very fast connections. The breakfast is great too. I wake up hungry and they have a nice buffet. Not humongous, but enough. Hot eggs, bacon, french toast, sweet rolls, coffee, and Tatjana is the hardest working girl in the whole hotel.\The bad news is that it is right next to a major highway
I mean I can ear every car and truck go by individually. I'm a light sleeper and thats a deal breaker for me. I think the only rooms that you would not hear the highway from are right next to the elevator, which is never good either. And there isn't a fan or some other background noise to drown it out either
If you're a sound sleeper I'd love this place. If not, look for somewhere quieter.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ord737fo

We appreciate your loyalty and the kind comments, especially on Tatjana, she is truly a joy. Being near an Interstate has its pluses and minuses. Easy access and visibility make us simple to find and close to the attractions. For many, road noise is not an issue and they enjoy the bright sunshine you get facing south. For others, we are happy to find alternative suites that work better for guest comfort.

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!