“This hotel is a 10 !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Windsor, Canada
“This hotel is a 10 !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed for 1 night in April , Loved it . Beautiful suites , bedding is high end , beds are awesome.
Very clean , Quiet , Loved the inside courtyard/ atrium , no hallways , everything is open.
We had room service & ordered their club sandwich , I have never tasted one like this one ...DELISH, you must try this .. Nice open Business center

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear missygirl9

Have I mentioned we love Canadians? The title to your review takes me back to 1979 and Bo Derek, sorry, I digress. We thank you for staying with us but please, next time stay more than one night! There is lots to do in Tampa, and, you must try the grouper sandwich. Quick quiz: Where in Canada are you if you travel south from the U.S.?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel was beautiful inside and out! The convenience to the airport, International Plaza Mall, and other venues was very appealing. The elevator was swift, the parking was free and plentiful, and there were dining options within the hotel. We had a king suite with a microwave/fridge combo. The only down side was the toilet flushing was not fast or strong, we had to actually hold the handle down until a complete flush cycle was done. The size of our bathroom was also smaller than we would have liked. The staff was friendly and professional and we felt safe at the property at all times.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear M L

You have great taste, M L. Not sure if it is because you are from Atlanta or that you just like our hotel. Either way, thank you. When I’m not in Tampa, I’m in Atlanta and I too like this hotel. (Do I have great taste, too?) Via a side email to M L I hope to uncover your suite number so we can check on that pesky toilet. Next time I-75 brings you south, stop by and say hey.
Gretna, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location to enjoy all that Tampa has to offer. Check-in was quick. The rooms have a living room with tv, microwave and fridge. The bedroom has the most comfortable beds. You literally do not want to get up in the morning. Road noise was not an issue at all.

Room Tip: There are 2 elevators on each side of the hotel. We stayed on the side that was not near the inters...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear busedteach

We get many compliments on the beds in our suites. You may want to set a second alarm to make sure you get up in the morning! Thank you for the nice words and we look forward to seeing you again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I spent a week here on business and liked the hotel very much, although it does have some negatives. It is a former 'Embassy Suites' with the large indoor courtyard/atrium design, so it is a nice alternative to hallways. And every room is a large 2-room suite, so there was plenty of room to spread out. The bed/pillows were very comfortable, the furniture was quite new looking, and the whole hotel interior looked recently renovated. However they apparently neglected several important areas when renovating, such as the sliding glass doors to the outside in each room, which are still old, deteriorating, and single pane glass, so provide very poor sound insulation from the constant noise from the highway which is truly just 100 feet or so from the back of the building. So don't believe anyone here that said that road noise from the highway isn't an issue. These people clearly had a room near the front of the hotel (mine was at the back and I heard traffic all night long).

The lobby is nice and there are free computers and Wi-Fi for guests in the lobby. The elevators were fast and I never had a problem finding a parking spot as others have said. The staff was pretty good, although quite a few of the desk clerks were kind of clueless. The indoor pool is clean and the gym half decent, but it does need some work as some of the machines are broken.

Another big positive for me that might appeal to SPG junkies, but that won't matter to infrequent guests, was that the hotel offered 500 extra SPG points per day if you refuse daily service. That basically doubled the points earned per day, so I took advantage of it almost every day. I was happy to make my own bed and empty my own trash and walked out a few thousand points richer.

On the negative side, I'm a big Embassy Suites fan and it was a little sad to see this former Embassy Suites without the 'fun' atmosphere in the lobby/atrium area that their free breakfast and evening social generates. You can still look down and see the area where all this used to happen during Embassy Suites days, but now it is always empty, quiet, and just 'dead'. To me it was slightly depressing to see this emptiness every day which reminded me of what Sheraton took away when they bought this hotel.

And one more big negative for me: The worst selection of TV channels that I've ever seen at a hotel. If you like ESPN, you'll love it since they somehow had like 5 or 6 ESPN channels. But if you have no interest in hearing former sports stars give their opinions on current players, there's no good TV channels here. They don't even have HBO (I think they have Showtime?)

But overall for this hotel, the rooms are great which is the most important thing to me, so I'm rating this hotel 'very good'. I'd like it better if it was still an Embassy Suites, but even without the free breakfast and drinks at night, I liked it enough that I'll stay here again when back in the area.

Room Tip: It is critical to get a room on the front side of the hotel, otherwise you'll hear the highway t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear frank3355

Thank you for the kind remarks and constructive observations. We are pleased you enjoyed your suite and intend to return. That is the best compliment any business can receive. We are in the process of revamping our entire television system. I hope to have that in place for your next stay. One thing that is coming which will help to connect guests while staying with us is the Sheraton Social Hour. To be launched here in early Summer, we will have a wine tasting event most weekday evenings for a nominal fee. Test marketing of this concept has been quite positive and we look forward to offering it to our guests. FYI, I personally checked all the cardio equipment in the fitness center and all are working properly including the television monitors attached to each. Thank you, frank3355, for the comprehensive review!
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

The hotel was OK but the parking was scarce and the south rooms have a lot of noise from the highway. The AC unit fan in the sitting room was very noisy as well so I couldn't even move to the sleeper sofa.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the south end-usually ending in -09 to -13
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear wernickejc

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent trip to Tampa. I apologize for the noisy air conditioner and the traffic noise. While the windows facing south are double paned, some may elect to be located in another area of the hotel. Our guest service desk is happy to assist guests in moving to a suite that is more comfortable. Although we could use more parking, overflow is available by the restaurant to the west of us or the parking deck to the east. While I would never want to inconvenience any of our guests, our full parking lot is an advertisement of a healthy business. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at this all-suite hotel 9 times during an 18 month period. They always met or exceeded my expectations. The location is just off main highway, but the road noise was not an issue. The hotel is a few blocks from 2 large shopping malls and MANY very good restaurants serving all cuisines and budgets. My favorites are Bar Louie and Capitol Grill at the International Plaza (good nightlife too). The hotel restaurant has a great buffet breakfast and serves a good menu for lunch and dinner(the specials were a good value and tasty). I dined next door at Charlie's Steak House on several special occasions... VERY good, but pricey. The rooms are large with separate bedroom, two large flat screen TVs, pull out couch-bed living room, fridge and Starbucks coffee maker. Smallish bathroom but they're always clean. You're 5 minutes to the airport and easy access to everything Tampa. Finally, the indoor pool is clean, out of the elements so I can use it anytime.

Room Tip: Great cheap Cuban food at Westshore Mall food court.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear redman33

I think you know this area better than me! We appreciate your business and your loyalty. Indeed, we are in the middle of a great area close by to many attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. I see that you are from Atlanta. Please stop by the Varsity and have a chili slaw dog for me.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

They were a bit disorganized when I checked in as they were very busy. Room wasn't ready so they'd call my mobile phone when room was ready...except I never got a call. Finally called myself after 5pm and they said the room was ready and apologized. When I went back to collect the room key they were genuinely sorry and very nice about the oversight.

The suite was clean and comfortable. Wi-fi was better than average, and the price was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear LA-Business-Traveler

I apologize for the disjointed check-in experience. I am glad we made a recovery and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Clean, comfortable and a value. Thank you for the thumbs-up.

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!