“Great hotel in a central location...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #67 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel in a central location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at this all-suite hotel 9 times during an 18 month period. They always met or exceeded my expectations. The location is just off main highway, but the road noise was not an issue. The hotel is a few blocks from 2 large shopping malls and MANY very good restaurants serving all cuisines and budgets. My favorites are Bar Louie and Capitol Grill at the International Plaza (good nightlife too). The hotel restaurant has a great buffet breakfast and serves a good menu for lunch and dinner(the specials were a good value and tasty). I dined next door at Charlie's Steak House on several special occasions... VERY good, but pricey. The rooms are large with separate bedroom, two large flat screen TVs, pull out couch-bed living room, fridge and Starbucks coffee maker. Smallish bathroom but they're always clean. You're 5 minutes to the airport and easy access to everything Tampa. Finally, the indoor pool is clean, out of the elements so I can use it anytime.

Room Tip: Great cheap Cuban food at Westshore Mall food court.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear redman33

I think you know this area better than me! We appreciate your business and your loyalty. Indeed, we are in the middle of a great area close by to many attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. I see that you are from Atlanta. Please stop by the Varsity and have a chili slaw dog for me.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

They were a bit disorganized when I checked in as they were very busy. Room wasn't ready so they'd call my mobile phone when room was ready...except I never got a call. Finally called myself after 5pm and they said the room was ready and apologized. When I went back to collect the room key they were genuinely sorry and very nice about the oversight.

The suite was clean and comfortable. Wi-fi was better than average, and the price was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear LA-Business-Traveler

I apologize for the disjointed check-in experience. I am glad we made a recovery and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Clean, comfortable and a value. Thank you for the thumbs-up.
Jackson, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

ok went for one night on friday to see the yankees spring training game. lobby is very pretty.
free wifi in lobby but not in room, weird. room was spacious and clean. impressed myself i got such a good deal for 99. on a suite and figured it would be not so nice. there were 2 flat screen lcd tvs, starbucks coffee to make in room, a robe to use and bed and comforter were sooo comfortable as well as regular sized comfy pillows. we had breakfast buffet only in the am. service was good , average food, but was delish. overall it was a nice experience. added touch was the robe and loofa along with the shampoo conditioner and lotion samples.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear brandysmom1214

Just as the swallows make their annual trek to Capistrano, so does baseball return each Spring to sunny Florida. We are honored to be an official hotel of the Yankees organization and I am so glad that you came to enjoy some of America’s pastime. I see too that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your kind words about several areas of the hotel. Don’t be a stranger.
North Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife , son and I stayed there for 4 nights in mid March. It was a spacious room and the service was good. The only complaint I have is that we were on the 3rd floor overlooking the dumpsters ( room 321) and the trucks would wake us up around 6:30-7:00 parked outside with all there alarms and bells going off) My wife called the front desk and they didn't seem too surprised about the complaint. She did however give us free breakfast that morning which was nice but would have rather had the sleep.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again but now know what to ask for regarding room locations.

Room Tip: Stay away from the dumpsters and the restaurant Charlies( because of the noise, I haven't eaten...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear FredD

I am glad your family enjoyed your stay overall and please accept my apologies for the unplanned awakening one morning. That was our recycling firm emptying our container. At times they get ahead of schedule and come too early. Having gotten wind of this issue while you were here, I have already spoken to them about this and have been assured it has been resolved. We look forward to welcoming your family back during your next visit to Tampa.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times for business travel, and overall it is a pretty solid hotel. The rooms are large and have efficient work-space, beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The restaurant is overpriced, but what do you expect for a hotel? Their in-room Wifi is expensive, but you can usually sign in on their free Wifi in the lobby, and then continue using in your room. Again, I have only stayed here for business travel, so the need for Wifi is crucial.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face or back-up to the freeway; lots of road noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear bsnower

Thank you for your continued patronage. Internet service is indeed complimentary at our Sheraton Link business center located in one corner of our atrium lobby. We look forward to your next visit.
Albany, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Suites – Tampa Airport Westshore for one night in March prior to flying out of Tampa. This is a clean and entirely adequate hotel. We had two rooms with a flat-screen TV in each room. It was not at all luxurious as some of the other places we have stayed, but it was a tremendous bargain for some $120. The staff was greatly helpful and we had no trouble printing out our boarding passes for our flights the next day. The hotel is on Cypress St., a mere 5 minute drive (at least at 5:30 on a Saturday morning) from the rental car return at the airport. It is less than half a mile from Westshore Boulevard, a rather short boulevard with a mall at either end. We came into Tampa in the evening and, before checking in at our hotel, ate at a Nordstroms Bistro in the International Mall at one end of Westshore. This hotel was an ideal and very quiet place to get some sleep before our early-morning flights.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Danny38

We are glad to have met your needs and that you enjoyed your visit here in the Westshore area of Tampa. Future guests should know that we offer complimentary shuttle service to all points within three miles of the hotel including International Plaza and Nordstrom. By the way, you are so much better than those other 37 Dannys.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We booked two rooms the night before an early morning flight. The staff was very courteous and professional and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We ate dinner at the restaurant next door (wonderful) and breakfast at the hotel. Breakfast was fast with a nice selection of foods to pick from. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the north side have a better view and are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear TPS87

The welcome light is always on for travelers from the great Quaker State (and all others, actually). So glad you enjoyed your suite and our team members. Charley’s Steakhouse next door to us is awesome and highly recommended. See you next time!

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!