“Best. Bed. EVER!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Brooklyn, New York
“Best. Bed. EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for myself and 4 ladies as a homebase for our bachlorette party night. Check in was a breeze since I pre-paid, but i didnt find out until then that I had to leave a $50 deposit. It was all of the cash in my pocket and it would have been nice if It was mentioned prior in the confirmation email.

Nonetheless, the room was an immaculate double queen with separate living room area and small kitchenette, which came in handy for the champagne bottles.

We basically dropped the bags of at 2 PM and we didn't get to go out and party in Ybor or celebrate in the room because the bride kept us up and out doing last minute unmentioned wedding things until 5AM.

We needed to continue printing wedding programs for the bride on her printer while we made the center pieces in the room, and the front desk was kind enough to grant us wifi on the house at 4:30 AM or so when we finally returned. The room was more than spacious for us and the flowers and tons of other things we brought from the house to drive to the venue.

Parking was tight also, but we came in at 4AM so it was expected.

The microwave came in handy for a late night frozen meal after all of the work.

When we finally crashed in bed, it was amazing how my body just sank in and it felt like the bed was just hugging me and cradling me to sleep. It was the most amazingly comfortable bed that I've ever slept in and we were definitely checking the pillow tags for brand info. If Sheraton sells their pillows, then I'm buying. Amazing!! I only enjoyed the bed for 3 hours before we were back up and out again.

Check out was a breeze. No complaints. By the time I put head to pillow, the bill was already under the door.

The Atrium view was nice, rooms were quiet, hotel was pretty, I just envisioned having a great night there and relaxing, but unfortunately, we had a true bridezilla on our hands, and we never did get to have the bachelorette party or venture out to Ybor despite my planning, not even a thank you for all thework, but the hotel was a bright spot in that weekend. Seriously!

If I'm ever back in Tampa, I would try it again.

• Stayed February 2012
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Chey

This appears to be the beginning of a screenplay for Bridesmaids 2, Tampa Edition. You will have to make a return trip to enjoy Ybor City. Because what happens in Ybor…

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I cannot think of anything negative to say about my stay at this hotel. I only wish I could have stayed longer. From the beginning, service at the front desk was excellent. The room was very nice, with a living area and a separate bedroom area; the beds were very comfortable!

Dear ranhorn

We wish you could have stayed longer, too! When you are not at home tending to your garden full of Yellow Jessamine (state flower of South Carolina for those not from the Palmetto State), come back and visit!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I hold business meetings at this hotel all the time. Their catering/banquets department does a great job! The food is very good. The atrium is beautiful. I understand they do a lot of weddings there and I can see why. I have never stayed in a room but my clients have and they have no complaints. Great location as it is close to the airport, 2 major malls, and lots of great restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Ann5521

We appreciate your business! Our loyal clients keep our associates working and for that, I thank you. Our team will appreciate reading your kind comments. We look forward to your next event!
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights before going on a cruise. The hotel is great. The room was clean and very large. The arrangement of the room was nice. We did not eat at the hotel but we did drive our own car and the area was easy to drive to downtown/port area and to a local mall area. We will stay again the next time we are in Tampa. Our room was right outside the elevators and we did not hear any noise while we were in our room.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor but I think the higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear JaysenL NJ

So many of our guests are heading off on cruises. I want to be a stowaway and go too! Great options and itineraries have made Tampa a major cruise center especially for the western Caribbean. Always great to welcome the good folks from New Jersey. I used to live there and know firsthand that it does not get the credit it deserves. Really is the Garden State. Keep coming to Tampa!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed here durng a recent sleepover. The younger girls truely loved thehotel. They commented on it often. The view in the middle of the hotel was very nice. Upon entering our room we had a sitting room separated by a door to the room. To nice size queen beds. All for $99 a night. Awesome.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travelingmakesmehapy

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are an excellent hotel for families as every room is a suite. All have a separate bedroom area with either a king or two queen beds along with a living room area with a sofa bed. Plus, two flat screen TVs in each suite so the kids can watch Cartoon Network while the adults watch Showtime, or, vice versa.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for business, very close to the airport and short $15 taxi into the city, about 20 minutes from St. Pete. Hotel was nice, best part were the beds! You just sink right in. I thought the pool could've been better and had a jacuzzi. The room itself was modern, but there was no storage, just a small dresser. There were minor things that needed to be fixed in my room, silicon around the tub, there was mold and my patio door wouldn't close.

Dear amplexusomnium

Thank you for the nice comments and for the constructive criticism. I appreciate you responding to my email for your suite number so we could double-check that corrections have been made. Your list of contributions to TripAdvisor is impressive and we are proud that you choose to stay with us. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed only 1 night after our cruise but would definately stay there again!. The staff was awesome. I wasn't feeling well and the gal at the front desk asked one of the hotel shuttle drivers to take me to a clinic.I was treated and then brought back to the hotel where our room was ready (Early) for us. The staff couldn't do enough, we were very pleased with the service. The room was great, I almost got lost in the bed .....it was so comfortable, I didn't want to get out. I had previously read that the noise on the outside rooms to the highway are noisy due to the traffic but it didn't bother us. The shuttle takes you to the airport which is also great as taxi's are expensive and this should be taken into consideration when you are booking you're hotel. Internet service was free for guests which is also an added service. We were able to check in for our flight and print out our boarding passes as well. I was very surprised on the way to the airport the next morning when our shuttle driver asked us if we had been treated well and if we had enjoyed our stay.....my answer........absolutely YES!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear travellingfool

Another Canadian that is smart enough to live in a great country but come to sunny Florida in the winter! So sorry that you took ill and I hope you made a speedy recovery. A big time of year for cruises out of Tampa and we are grateful to be your jumping off or landing spot. Don’t let your tan fade before you visit again!

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!