“Average Stay, average facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #69 of 159 hotels in Tampa
New Jersey
“Average Stay, average facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for business, very close to the airport and short $15 taxi into the city, about 20 minutes from St. Pete. Hotel was nice, best part were the beds! You just sink right in. I thought the pool could've been better and had a jacuzzi. The room itself was modern, but there was no storage, just a small dresser. There were minor things that needed to be fixed in my room, silicon around the tub, there was mold and my patio door wouldn't close.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear amplexusomnium

Thank you for the nice comments and for the constructive criticism. I appreciate you responding to my email for your suite number so we could double-check that corrections have been made. Your list of contributions to TripAdvisor is impressive and we are proud that you choose to stay with us. I hope to welcome you back soon.

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed only 1 night after our cruise but would definately stay there again!. The staff was awesome. I wasn't feeling well and the gal at the front desk asked one of the hotel shuttle drivers to take me to a clinic.I was treated and then brought back to the hotel where our room was ready (Early) for us. The staff couldn't do enough, we were very pleased with the service. The room was great, I almost got lost in the bed .....it was so comfortable, I didn't want to get out. I had previously read that the noise on the outside rooms to the highway are noisy due to the traffic but it didn't bother us. The shuttle takes you to the airport which is also great as taxi's are expensive and this should be taken into consideration when you are booking you're hotel. Internet service was free for guests which is also an added service. We were able to check in for our flight and print out our boarding passes as well. I was very surprised on the way to the airport the next morning when our shuttle driver asked us if we had been treated well and if we had enjoyed our stay.....my answer........absolutely YES!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear travellingfool

Another Canadian that is smart enough to live in a great country but come to sunny Florida in the winter! So sorry that you took ill and I hope you made a speedy recovery. A big time of year for cruises out of Tampa and we are grateful to be your jumping off or landing spot. Don’t let your tan fade before you visit again!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stopped in Tampa on the way to a cruise - this was a great choice, well priced, large rooms, quiet setting, close to two of Tampa's largest shopping malls, and the airport. A shuttle service brought us and picked us up at the malls. There is a nominal charge for the shuttle to the cruise terminal - not the case of some other hotels, however this hotel is not close to the cruise port etc.

Restaurant is good for a hotel restaurant - my only complaint was an iron in the room that had black fabric stuck to it - I didn't see it and ruined a white shirt. Lesson is always check the iron first in hotels before using it on your clothes....

Staff is superb - very helpful, cheerful and eager to accommodate and help guests. Downside is that the hotel is not located close to too much in close walking distance - remember its near the airport, so the shuttle, cab or rental car will be important if you want to get around.

Gym space is good but very warm (it overlooks the indoor pool). Overall good value, great Sheraton beds, would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms overlook an interior closed courtyard - despite this noise was not an issue for us...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear velojmp

Thank you for staying with us and providing others with good travel information. As a note, our complimentary shuttle service operates with a three-mile radius which encompasses not only the airport but two great malls, dozens of great restaurants, the Yankees spring training facility, a park and beach on Tampa Bay and much more. I am sorry for the issue with the iron. We will double our efforts to make sure they are inspected every day. We look forward to your next cruise or vacation in Tampa!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport. on Jan. 30th. The suite was spacious. Their convenient shuttle not only took us to and from the airport but also took us to a restaurant that was within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Never had to wait long for it.
My 2 negative comments was that we KNOW we left our tooth brush charger in the hotel bathroom and when I called the next day, I was told it was never found. I suspect it was thrown away.
Also, we were able to get into our room by 1:00 but my son and his wife checked in about 3:00 but his room wasn't ready until about 4:30. He was told it would only take a little while but it took much longer than that.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Judy5

Thank you for choosing to stay with us last month. I am sorry that we did not uncover your charger. If it does turn up, I will reach out to you. Our guest services and housekeeping staffs do their best to get everyone in the requested type of suite as they arrive but at times, late departures can foul up the best laid plans. I apologize that your son and his wife were delayed. I hope that we may host your family again on a future trip to Tampa.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister for one night on our way to cruise. Hotel lobby is gorgeous..but rooms still needed some updates and repairs. Bathroom cabinet was broke and came off when we touched it..also shower could use some updated tile and regrouting. Disappointed that for the price $150.00+ Internet was not free in room. Very helpful staff and our shuttle driver was fantastic!

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Robinlea

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We appreciate your kind remarks and I apologize for the items in the room that needed repair. While many hotel brands including Sheraton charge a fee for Internet service in the guest rooms, all Sheratons offer complimentary access in our Link business center.
edinburgh,scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Have stayed here before after flying in from UK. An ideal stop over before collecting the car the following day to drive south.
Courtesy shuttle to and from the airport , arrives and leaves every 30 minutes.

Friendly reception staff and good sized clean bedrooms with powerful shower

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear jonlam

Welcome back! So glad to host you again on your world travels. Perfect, eh? We like that. We will continue to strive for a similar view from all guests. Thank you for the kind comments and see you next time!
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, but a renovated Embassy Suite, kind of old fashion. Great beds, large rooms, marginal furnishing combined with a 1980's bathroom. Flat screen TV's with limited cable channels and no HD channels. Great pod coffee makers with Starbucks coffee, nice touch, but then coffee mate, yuk. Bottle of complementary water, also appreciated. Overall nice property, just don't expect too much luxury.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear mrjones33334

We do sport a classic atrium with exotic plants and a series of rivers. Totally renovated in 2009, each room is a suite. HDTV is just around the corner with additional programming. We appreciate you staying with us Mr. Jones, and, you are my favorite Counting Crows song.

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!