“great hotel will stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Vacaville
“great hotel will stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here 3 nights during a business trip. The room was clean, spacious and have a very comfortable bed. The only complaint was that when I went to enjoy the indoor pool it was full of kids. Evidently they allow swim lessons here which would have been nice to know in advance. Room service was expensive but very tasty.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Moonbaby728

You now own the most creative moniker of those that have reviewed our hotel! So pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the extra activity in the pool while you were here. Our chef will be pleased that you enjoyed his food. Hope to see you back, soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I would give this a 3/4 thumbs up. I think it is an old renovated Embassy Suites. The remodel was fairly decent, but some of the workmanship poor. Walking in the kitchenette area, you would sink into the floor, like there was a hole in the floor. The heating / cooling was loud, and did not work very well.

The room was clean, bathroom was clean.

The room service was pretty good, as a matter of fact, that was very good.

Breakfast was free.

I would probably stay here again.

Dear jakestone

Jake Stone. That name is so cool! Sounds like a character on CSI. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, for the most part. I am reaching out to you via email to learn what suite you stayed in so I can insure that we have corrected the flaws you encountered. I hope to be able to welcome you back, Jake Stone!
New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but you enter the building and it looks very nice and clean. After a late night of driving after a long day, the woman at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The room we stayed in was on the top floor 700 series rooms which were very clean and looked more like a luxury hotel room. The beds were amazingly comfortable (you won't want to get out of bed in the morning) and sleeping was not a problem for my friend and I. There were two flat screen televisions in each area of the room (living room area & bedroom). Bathroom was a bit small, but it was not an issue for either of us. Each floor has an outside balcony that is used for a smoking area for guests which may be convenient for people that smoke. The only complaints I would have about this hotel would involve the parking situation and internet fee, it was a little difficult to find parking, but we managed to find parking each night we stayed. There's a fee to use the wireless internet which was something that was not expected. The downstairs bar/lounge was very nice, the bartender was also very sociable and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for people looking for an amazing value for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the very top floor rooms if possible, it seemed to be very quiet and the rooms were e...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear N Oakes1

Thank you for the kind words from your recent stay. Our room attendants take much pride in their work and they will be happy to read your words. On the Internet, please note that in The Link business center, we offer up to 45 minutes of complimentary service. As a resident of the great state of New Mexico, you will be pleased to know that I recently returned from a hiking trip in the mountains of the northern part of the state. One of the most beautiful parts of the country I have seen.
Marco Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My room was clean, everything worked well and it was quiet. I used the fitness center which was small but adequate although they need to have a water cooler, fountain or some way you can get drinking water in there. I had the shuttle pick me up at the airport and the next morning they also dropped me at my business appointment. Both of those trips went smoothly. I didn't eat there as the restaurant looked almost deserted so I went to Charley's Steakhouse next door which was very good. I will stay here again when I go back to the area for business - I wouldn't recommend it as a tourist hotel - just not close to the fun stuff in Tampa.

Room Tip: See if they'll put you on the club floor where you can get some breakfast
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear KEDBoston

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this month and were able to continue your workout regimen. For your next visit please know that there is a water cooler in the fitness room next to the weight station. And, don’t count us out on the leisure activities! All-suite hotel. Within a mile of two major malls. Just down the street from Raymond James Stadium and the Yankees spring training camp. And, with a close exit to I-275, minutes to beaches, downtown Tampa, Busch Gardens and much more. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I found a good deal through Travelzoo for our 4th of July weekend getaway. It included breakfast and the "Starwood Preferred Guest" service. We walk into the room and was very surprised of the space, and the extra perks like water and starbucks coffee.

The Room
Before going to bed, we noticed that the AC was not working properly. And after calling Front Desk, we were quickly moved to another room. The second room was great but the tub had a drainage problem.

The Dining Area
We got free breakfast coupons for both days and that was a great deal since the buffet was $12 per person. The first morning we got a great waiter. The ceiling started leaking right before us going into the food station so we were saved by the bell. The second morning, waiters were not paying attention to details. First, we have a pre-schooler. She never asked if we needed a booster seat and what kind of juice for him. Second, I have to ask another waiter for my child 's juice and he brought it in in a small glass of wine SERIOUSLY!!!! So I had to tell him that we needed the cup with lid on it. Third, food was a little bit over cooked.

The Parking
It got a little crowded as they were celebrating a wedding and several family reunions. We had to park across the street.

The Service
Althought Front Desk was quick and great, housekeeping was not good. We had to ask several times for extra towels. We accidently left my boy's little pillow in the room. I left a voice mail to housekeeping and after a day, I received a voice mail asking me what did I wanted to do. I finally got a hold of someone and she asked me if I was going to pick it up SERIOUSLY!!!!!! So I told them they needed to ship it out. She gave me an email address (rtadros@sheratontampaairport.com to write my information so they could send it out.

Overall
I think it was a good experience. It is true what they say: "you get what you pay for". I might consider staying again, if I pay a lower rate than I did because after all of these little details, I rather not go through the hassle and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to Travelzoo to get a great rate!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Peyi

I am glad that you took advantage of our promotion with TravelZoo and I appreciate your business. As mentioned in another review from that weekend, we had our challenges and I apologize that it resulted in the less than hospitable service that we work hard to provide. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments for training purposes. I also encourage you to contact me directly at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com so I may get a chance to show you that we can do better. Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel itself is decent. All of the rooms are suites and it is close to the airport. However, the service is the worst I have experienced, especially the front desk staff. I did not come in contact with one helpful, friendly person at the desk. They need to learn something called smiling. To top it off, the restaurant service for breakfast was very slow. I had to ask numerous times for some orange juice because there was none at the buffet. The servers seemed as though I was inconveniencing them. I will definite not stat at this hotel again. Just awful!!

• Stayed July 2011
Dear NRCA

Any business needs to know where its opportunities are and I appreciate the feedback from you and all of our guests. The July 4th weekend was a busy and challenging period and honestly, we should have performed better. I am sorry that you had a poor experience. While being busy is one thing, there is never an excuse for not smiling. I take your comments to heart and will work with our team to perform better especially during these holiday weekends. I always appreciate the chance to show guests that we can do better. Feel free to contact me at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com so we can discuss further. Thank you.
Fullerton, Ca, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We arrived at the hotel late at night on Friday, after a long, delayed flight. When I checked in, the staff members seemed pretty "exhausted". I was told that the hotel was full, but that I had been given a corner room on an upper floor due to my SPG gold status. I did not request this, but normally am very pleased with a corner room, as they are usually quiter and often may be slightly larger. The hotel was previously an Embassy Suites Hotel with the typical atrium lay-out. Even though it was almost midnight, there were numerous small groups of people (from youngsters 6-8, pre-teens, teens and young adults) wandering around all over the entire hotel. Apparently, there were a number of sports-oriented families and groups who were staying here due to the US-Panama soccer game being held in Tampa that day. On our way to our room we also passed many other rooms whose doors were left open while people congregated in the hallways and were going into and out of the rooms. I could not find a parkng place adjacent to the hotel, but was able to park in the "overflow" lot in the parking structure located opposite the next-door "Blue Cross" building. Unfortunately, our hotel room was on the side of the hotel directly adjacent to the expressway. Even though I brought earplugs, due to the numerous motorcycles and trucks on the highway all through the night. it was a very poor night for getting any sleep. When I checked out the next morning, I mentioned to the day manager that I had problems with sleeping in this room on the expressway side and that on my return to this hotel for our Sunday night stay, I would like to request a room on the opposite side of the hotel. As a review, I would qualify this stay as one of the worst that I have had in a Starwood property and was not looking forward to a return visit - but I had already prepaid the booking reservation. When we returned on Sunday, I was given a very cheerful welcome and also presented with a small bag of chocolates due to my Gold SPG Status (and they were not just for me due to the previous stay, as there were a number of bags lined up on the shelf behind the counter). I was given a room on the side opposite the expressway. I was able to easily park the car near the side of the hotel. The atrium and general areas of the hotel had a much more 'normal" amount of guests and noise. The stay on Sunday night was much more pleasant.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear JackR46

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered on your first stay. The good news is that the hotel is a popular destination in the Westshore district but the downside is that we sometimes need to expand into our neighbor’s parking areas. I am grateful that you got a chance to see the ‘calmer side’ of the hotel and that your subsequent stay was more to your liking. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood properties as evidenced by your Gold status.

Been to Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!