“Would recommend to anyone” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #45 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Montreal, Canada
“Would recommend to anyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed 5 nights recently - all suite hotel - near Tampa Airport and also Laser Surgery Institute
Great staff - very friendly and always welcoming. Inquiring what they can do for you
Front Desk had supply of ice packs for surgery patients - awesome!!
Very clean and maid service very prompt in the morning. Beautiful view of the Bay - suggestion: ask for room with a view over the Bay - other side of the hotel can be noisy with traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for suite overlooking pool and the Bay - can be noisy on the other side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and experienced our excellent customer service. We do take pride in the product we provide to our guest and in turn are proud of our great service scores. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is in a nice location, very nice views. The rooms are large and well furnished, unfortunately the furniture was all smeared with something I assume housekeeping uses, so it was kinda dirty looking & gross. The smears were on EVERYTHING in the room, esp the TV screens which appear to have been ruined by whatever was used to clean the room. It was strange. Details esp in the bathroom need attention/updating. The caulk around bathroom counter & bathtub looked like it was done by a 6 year old - what a mess. I dropped something & it went behind the toilet - yeah I should have said forget it my loss - I got my item & wish I had never looked back there. The message light on the phone was blinking when I got into the room, I tried hitting the message button -from both phones- but it did nothing so the light blinked all night. All in All this hotel was just fine for my overnight trip and was at a good price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have alerted our housekeeping and maintenance teams to insure these issues are fixed and do not occur in the future. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will give us another opportunity.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was extremely clean and even smelled clean! The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the size of the room was perfect! The staff was superb and extremely helpful with providing us with different ideas of things to do in the area. This hotel is close to a lot of attractions. The breakfast was amazing and had a diverse variety of items to eat. I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends and I will stay at this hotel again...for sure!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We done take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are proud of our great service scores. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Tampa.

Best regards
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived early at the hotel (2pm), knowing that check-in wasn’t until 3pm, however as we were in the area we thought we would try and see if we could check in early. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist who explained that only one of the rooms was ready but we could access this room early. This was great as it enabled us to drop our luggage off and get changed ready for the rest of the day. When we arrived later on, our final room was ready and we were handed over the keys. With nothing mentioned, it was to our surprise to find that the outside space to our suite was being used as storage for the outside painting work that was going on. We then read a letter which asked us to keep our curtains closed from 8am, all day! Due to the length of our stay we were not inconvenienced too much by this however we therefore did not use the outdoor space and also felt that it would have been nice to have been informed of this issue before entering the room. Another issue was that the kitchenette’s cold tape did not work and therefore only hot water could be used which was not helpful when a drink of water was wanted.
Despite these issues my experience was recovered by the welcoming staff that we had the pleasure to meet and also the added little touches such as cookies when you check-in, free wifi and complimentary coffee in the morning. Our friend’s room was faultless and overlooked the water which allowed us to spot dolphins.

Room Tip: Check for any construction work, and ask for view of water as you can spot the dolphins
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so sorry to hear that your experience was not up to what you expected. Thank you for alerting us to the maintenance issues so we can quickly resolve them and ensure future guests' comfort. We value your business and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again.

silver springs, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel is in a nice location. The rooms are large and well furnished. If a problem is encountered, it is taken care of promptly. There is a nice view of the bay and dolphins are always swimming very close by. The pool area is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback of your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. w We look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regard
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I love staying at this Hotel. I have probably stayed there over 20 times because I work in the Rocky Point area a few times a year. Great views of the Bay. There is one wing of the hotel that if you stay on the wrong side you get a bad view, but just ask and they will change it for you. All rooms have a living room area, bar and work area as well as a separate bedroom. I only had one bad experience when they ran out of hot water before I had to go to work, I explained it to the manager and he deducted that days charge.

• Stayed June 2013
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us again.

Coronado, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

At 2:00 a.m. an alarm went off telling everyone to exit the building. All of the guests exited and after a few minutes the alarm went off. The staff was no where to be seen. There was no one to confirm that it was a false alarm. Finally, after about 20 minutes one staff member did confirm that it was o.k. to return to our rooms. No apology. No explanation. Until then everything was fine. The suite was large even if a little out dated.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
The safety of our guests is always a high concern and while we're glad to hear all was okay. I apologize for the follow up. Your comments will help us improve if such situations should ever occur in the future. I would be happy to speak with you in more detail and help alleviate some of your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Kind regards

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!