We stayed there for two nights prior to a cruise. We chose it due to proximity to the airport and value. Its a hotel which was likely built in the 80's. It location is close to the airport and backs on to a bay. It is not close to down town (drive 20 minutes to Ybor) but was close to all major routes and we had a rental car. The service is top notch, there is an outdoor pool which is nicely appointed, an on-site restaurant is helfpul but usual hotel pricy, free parking and there is a well equipped exercise room which we all used (it had fresh fruit to sample). When we arrived we were checked in quickly and courteously and received our warm Doubletree cookie - a nice touch. The rooms are great - roomy and comfortable with a kitchen table, sink, serving area etc. Each has its own air conditioner built in. Turn up the fan speed to high to get proper air flow. The only thing holding the hotel back are the hallways. They are not air conditioned and the hallways have three colours of green in the decor - turquoise carpet, lime green wall paper and another shade of door posts. We worried about this when the elevator opened as the lobby was nice. Once we got to the rooms, they were nicely decorated. So other than that its worth the stay - good value and comfortable.... but you need transportation to make this worth while. If staying before a cruise - rent from Enterprise - pick up at the airport and then drop off down town - they'll shuttle you the five minute drive to the cruise terminal and save the $40 cab fare from the airport!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree Guest Suites Tampa Bay is a full-service, all-suite, waterfront property. All of our oversized suites consist of a bedroom area with separate living room with sofa sleeper - all with spectacular views! As the perfect location for leisure and business travelers, we offer an outdoor heated pool overlooking Old Tampa Bay, On-Site Health Club, Galerie Restaurant & Lounge serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner and close to shopping, dining, and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Tampa Bay Hotel Tampa
- Doubletree Hotel Tampa Bay
- Doubletree Tampa
- Doubletree Guest Suite Tampa Bay