“Great location, Clean and Modern Suite” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #59 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Jupiter, FL
“Great location, Clean and Modern Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Loved this hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights while my husband had a conference in town, and the location is perfect; the suite was HUGE and clean and lovely, and the staff was very very accommodating and courteous. Close by to anything you need to get to, while still being far enough away from the "City". Would definitely stay here again.....!

I felt like it was like a new apartment with a full staff. Nice pool area and friendly bartender as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and experienced our excellent customer service. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are proud of our great service scores. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Tampa.

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Union Bridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting family. The suites are quite large, nicely furnished if not to my tastes, and very clean and comfortable. The price cannot be beat and the location is very convenient to the Tampa airport.

If I were to nitpick, its that although it looks like the hotel was recently renovated, its age peeks through in the form of worn elevator buttons;tarnished door handles and miscellaneous small imperfections which a new coat of paint can't cover.

Overall a very satisfactory experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights, June 4-8, 2012 and was very pleased with the experience. There was a large group of us staying at this hotel for business and we came together from different areas throughout the country. I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Our group did not have rental cars, therefore we needed to rely on the shuttle bus driver to take 40 of us to and from our place of business in the morning and afternoon. There were 3 different drivers and they were all prompt and friendly. In the evenings they also took us to nearby shopping and dining areas as well. It rained most of the days we were there but the one day I did get to use the pool I found that the pool area was beautiful with plenty of lounge chairs right the bay and a canopy with palm trees all around. It was a nice relaxing space. Inside there is a large bar area as well and the bartenders were friendly and fun to talk to. The room was very comfortable and spacious with a seperate living room area with doors to the bedroom that would close. The bathroom was also spacious with good water pressure. The room I stayed in faced the bay and it was nice to look out and see the water in the mornings. I didn't eat the breakfast that was available in the lobby but I know that they did have Starbucks coffee available. The chocolate chip cookie at check in was also delicious. My company usually has us stay here when we come to Tampa so I'm sure I will be back. Thanks for the great experience. :) I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room facing the bay is better! :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We were glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly customer service and clean suites. We were also glad to hear that you enjoyed the views of Tampa Bay from your suite. Again thank you and we hope we can welcome you back to sunny Tampa Bay soon.
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the second stay at this hotel. Both stays I had a nice room/suite with lots of space than I need. The bed was comfortable, room temperature comfortable, great work space. Both times I ate breakfast in the restaurant and had dinner at least one night. Both cases the meals were tasty. They have a bar with reasonable prices. Incredible view from the rooms facing the bay. Swimming pool overlooks the bay and a great place to sit, relax, have a drink (plastic cup). Multiple great restaurants within a the area. Not as fancy as other Doubletree Hotels; however, I will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Unless you want to look over a parking lot and buildings, ask for a Bay view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests. We are also very excited for our multi-million dollar renovation next year. We look forward to your next stay with us and your thoughts about the changes we make!
New Madrid, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I'm not a person that leaves reviews so for me to do this right now says alot about this hotel. I have to say I have never stayed in a Nicer Hotel...From the accomodations to the staff everyone is SOOOO nice. The rooms are very spacious. I had a room w/a view of the ocean so every morning if you looked out you could see dolphins jumping up out of the water. The breakfast buffet is really nice. Nothing over the top but good enough to get you going in the morning. Better than a continental breakfast of muffins and juice for sure. Its location is about 20-30 min for anything that you might want to do like the beach, busch gardens or the casino... Very easy to get around in and far enough away from the hustle & bustle that you could be by. All in all I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel to any going to Tampa for business or fun.

Room Tip: Only thing I would recommend is a room w/a bay view to be able to see the ocean and dolphins in the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and pictures of your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We are very proud of our caring team and our excellent customer service. We look forward to your next stay with us!
West Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Right on Tampa Bay, great views, close but not to close to Tampa and the airport. From when you first arrive to when you leave you will find a very helpfull staff, very good restaurant, outdoor pool and close to the beach without the beach hotel prices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
8137398812, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and experienced our excellent customer service. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are proud of our great service scores. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us again.
Nolensville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The location of the Double Tree was convenient. It is close to the airport and the local office for my business trip. The hotel is a bit old (furnishings, carpet, etc.) but the rooms are nice and large (separate bedroom and living area). There are only 4 to 5 restaurants in the 1 mile vicinity, but those are pretty good. The hotel staff was helpful, but not able to solve an issue with my arrival date. I would stay here again, but there are better locations within 3 to 5 miles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!