“Most disgusting night ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #125 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Most disgusting night ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

This hotel was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen in my life. I bidded pretty high over Priceline to hopefully ensure that I got a decent hotel in the area for the night, and I ended up paying well over 2 times the price of the room at this hotel that was offered on their website. Ok, win some, lose some. However, the room was so disgusting that I couldn't even sleep. The carpet was filthy. There were bugs all over the floor, bathroom, and bed. The unwashed sheets and pillow cases had cigarette burn holes in them as well as a number of short curly thick black hairs all over them. The sheets also had unclean stains of blood and ejaculate. The room smelled terrible and there was a grimy funk all over everything. There was mold and hair throughout the shower and on the shower head. Furthermore, I observed drug deals and prostitution solicitation in the parking lot. I will write to Priceline to request that they eliminate this hotel so that their unsuspecting customers do not experience what I did, and I will request a full refund at a minimum. Do not stay here under any circumstances. You are better off sleeping in a gutter.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Regional Director at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Tampa - North Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

I stayed here because the place received generally favorable reviews...not the same place I stayed...dirty linens, towels, floors, sinks, bathroom. the bedding had tears in it and the place looked like it was a truck stop joke. The room was microscopic and the TV was the size of the TVs on the headrests on Jet Blue flights. The TV was filthy, covered in dust and dirt...and had about ten channels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Tampa Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

If you like Rats and Mice and nasty smells then this is the place for you. OMG! The place is so gross you will leave in a New York minute. I complained to management and it went nowhere. The carpets are a reminder of the sixties and I am sure there is hair in the corners left over from that era. You can hear the mice in the walls. I am sure they eat very well as the cook tops were utterly filthy. Dont take your shoes off! Dont touch anything, just leave. Better yet, look elsewhere as this place should be condemmed. .

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rtas and Mice
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
aurora co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

this room was one of the worst it smelled horrible it had flying roaches ,mice,and bed bugs i hope priceline takes it of their list of hotels they only clean the room twice in a 14 pay period they never change the comforter i had to wash it myself it smelled like it many bodys were on it we had to find our own towels i highly recommened not coming to this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Devon, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

This hotel is one of the worst I've seen. We were shown 2 rooms and neither were acceptable for a paying customer. The rooms were dingy, smelly, and falling apart, the floors and counters dirty, the tubs moldy, and the pillowcases stained.
Not to mention the staff, all of whom were quite unpleasant. The two front desk attendants were clueless and uncaring and of course a manager was not available. I saw one of the maid's carts and the sponge-head "mop" was so ratty and filthy, it explained why the floors weren't clean.
It was not just us that had problems - we witnessed another customer complaining so I'm pretty confident that it wasn't just a case of bad luck on our part but that this hotel is downright terrible.
We were not going to remain at this hotel and fortunately, due to the severity of the circumstances, Hotwire actually refunded our money.
I highly advise against this hotel.

• Liked — there was nothing to like
  • Disliked — overall dirtiness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Family of 4 stayed for four nightes. On night #4 we got to bed late. At ~ 2 AM we found two mice scurrying about. Night Clerk let us change rooms. But didn't take the incident seriously - "Were they itty, bitty mice?" ("They were big enough") and "They were probably brought in by some grungy travelers" ("Like us? Do you think that there are people traveling around the country with mice in their bags?")
It took us an hour to pack-up, trying to be sure that we didn't have any mice in our luggage. We tried to settle into the new room at 3AM, but we all slept with one eye open. At 10:20, Housekeeping started banging on the door. We told the chambermaid what happened. About an hour later, the day Desk Clerk came around banging. We told her that we needed a little more time due to the mice move - she said that she didn't know about it.
We checked out about an hour later. When I asked to see the Manager, I got resistance. I insisted. Eventually, the Manager acted like he didn't know anything about it. When I asked if the Day Clerk hadn't mentioned it to him, he and she started falling all over their stories. Then I saw a 'post-it signed by the Night Clerk re: the incident. The Manager did ask if there was anything that he could do, but I was so disgusted by his lying and defence of the night clerk, I felt skievy, and just wanted out.
NOTE: During my conversations with them, both the Night Clerk and the Hotel Manager had stated that they have had all sorts of bugs, roaches, insects, but they couldn't remember mice in the past.
Hotels.com, thru whom I booked the hotel, has offered to make an adjustment. Yet, when I check back at their website, it still states that the Hotel is un-rated.
This is a member of the Extended Stay Hotel chain. I contacted them and they apparently directed me to Hotels.com.
NOTE: In addition, on our day#2, the clerk told us that because we had booked on Hotels.com, at less than their standard rate, we wouldn't get Housekeeping services unless we'd pony-up another $3.00 a day. We had to bring our used towels to the desk in order to get replacements. Hotels.com claims that the hotel's policy is incorrect, and that they will correct it with them.
So, the fact that they try to reduce their cost by charging extra for Housekeeping shouldn't be the cause of vermin in the rooms. No it's because travelers like you and I are carrying rodents in our luggage.
Stay Away!

• Liked — It was near the airport
  • Disliked — Rodents, Insensitive management and staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Think of a poorly kept Motel 6 with an empty kitchenette and you pretty much have an idea of what to expect in terms of size and quality. Upon arrival in the evening, I had to ring an attendant from an outside phone as the front desk is open only during business hours. Considering the attendant looked quite fearful as he peered through the blinds to check me out, it appeared I picked a less than desirable neighborhood to stay in and the quality of accommodations seemed to match. The room was essentially a no frills baby suite with an unstocked kitchenette - I guess you have to bring your own pots, pans, and dishes. The cleanliness of the room leaved much to be desired and the bathtub was especially dirty. This probably had to due with the fact that maid service was not standard, and you had to pay an extra $7.00 per day if you wanted it - a cheap & dirty ploy to be sure. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and wireless Internet was available in the rooms. Unfortunately, considering it's a suite with a price to match, the negatives outweigh the positives and I would pass up this property unless you can obtain a huge discount through one of the pre-paid services such as Hotwire.

• Liked — Comfortable Bed and in room Wi-Fi
  • Disliked — Front Desk, Poor Service, Dirty Room, Pay Extra for Maid Service, Unstocked Kitchenette
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!