“Worst experience.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #109 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Grandview, Texas
“Worst experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Reserved a non smoking room, when I went in to the room it rigged like smoke. Trash can was not clean and full of cigarette butt. Requested a second room and tried twice to get in the room and lock will not open. After an hour trying to settle and relax finally got a third room. However, was still dirty and the worst part I got attack by bed bugs and the gave me a hard time to get refunded. Worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Do not choose this location.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I chose this place just to have a place that I can cook. The room is dingy and dirty, there is mold all over. The carpet feels dirty like they never clean. The paneling was torn off cabinets. I booked a week so I wanted to ride it out especially since I couldn't get a refund. One night, I was in the bathroom and I sat on the toilet and saw a GIANT roach on the middle of the floor!! I managed to get him stuck under a box and left him there and complained to management. They then put me in a room that when I walked in there was someone's stuff was in there!! Then they "upgraded" me to a deluxe room which was nicer, but I was still paranoid about bugs getting in and I was SOOO happy to finally leave........... The only good part about this hotel is the kitchen you have and the fact that you're so close to everything on Hillsborough ave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Everything went wrong. The room was like somebody dropped a bomb. Dirty, dog food, dog pee, beds were dirty and not make out, there were still some money on the table... The stuff was extremely rude. I had reservation, and she said that this dirty room is all that thay have and its not her problem. She said that we should find another hotel. At 11 PM!!! When she was giving me my money back, she gave me tree times inccorect sume of money back :( the place was full of drug addicts and prostitutes... BE CAREFUL - I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYBODY!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for location and price. Should have read reviews on here before. 1st room reeked of smoke and door lock had been broken from forced entry. 2nd room I settled for had good a/c. Room was plain like a motel 6. One small soap for bathroom no shampoo or conditioner. Closet door was missing. Carpet and tile floor was dirty. Asked for iron and ironing board which never received. The toilet flushes slower than any other I have ever heard! Pipes above floors clank at all hours.
Scheduled cleaning for Saturday and when I asked Sunday about the non service, the desk clerk said "sorry sweeties there was no weekend service" (knew that) when pressed she said "there was an error scheduling the weekend and we don't have anyone to work". I would have preferred a phone call stating such and could live with it.. But I dislike the lack of communication of promised services!
Arrived late one night to a guy walking a pitbull who tugged on his leash in my direction. If you have a pet.. Be prepared for other pets of any size. Since it's an outside entrance for each room..be prepared to hear everyone arriving and departing, dogs barking and people honking to pickup friends. Oh and it's next to the airport so be prepared for constant jet noise! (That's the only thing I expected other than a clean room and promised service)!

• Stayed May 2014
Harrisburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Booked this place for 3 nights for a recent trip to Tampa. Pros: was cheap as part of a flight/hotel/rental car package. It was clean, and the staff was friendly. Full size fridge in room, with stove & microwave. Cons: very worn rooms, small room, noise from the airport, adjacent interstate and main roadway. Also no pool. Probably ok if you're on a budget and want a place to lay your head and might want the convenience of a kitchen. Definitely no frills. Not really for vacationers or business, probably good for a work crew.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers on this hotel, you know you are in trouble when there is a toilet plunger in every room! I usually stay at an Extended Stay a few exits south on the Veteran's Highway. This time, the other Extended Stay said they had remodeled the hotel and doubled their rates, so I booked at this one for $48 a night--what a mistake. We booked the room for a week. We endured Room 250 on the second floor for two nights and then could no longer take the stench. Everything in the room was coated with dirt and grime. When you flushed the toilet you had to use the plunger or it would not flush. The tile floors and bathtub were dirty and grimy. The pull-out couch had a layer of dirt. We went to the desk on the second night and requested to switch to another room and were given Room 200, right below the other one. This room was a little cleaner, but still very dirty. The couch was about the same. In both rooms, we listened to the piping in the ceiling clank and groan all night long, and keeping us awake. This hotel is also at the end of the Tampa Airport runway, with lots of noise from jets as they took off. I can not list all the deficiencies with these rooms. Really crazy, when I attempted to check out two days early the desk person said that if I did not stay the full seven days we signed up for, we would have to pay an additional $5 per night for the time we stayed. Crazy when they could have probably rented our room for $69 on the nightly rate.
When I returned home I gave the hotel a lousy rating on a survey they sent. I received an email from the manager saying he was sorry and asking me to give him a call. When I called him he took two nights off our stay. I mentioned the piping and dirty furniture and he said he already knew about those and hoped to have it fixed soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I could not use the AC/heat because it smelled of mold. The carpet was very warn and dirty. The bathroom was just disgusting. The shower had black mold and the toilet leaked on the floor. The bathroom walls were painted in the worlds ugliest yellowish brown color with all the repairs made in mismatched paint. Very poor maintenance repairs made though out the whole room. Hard enough to sleep in a room that feels this nasty but the bed also sagged badly in the center. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!