“Natural catastropy!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #130 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Natural catastropy!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Everything went wrong. The room was like somebody dropped a bomb. Dirty, dog food, dog pee, beds were dirty and not make out, there were still some money on the table... The stuff was extremely rude. I had reservation, and she said that this dirty room is all that thay have and its not her problem. She said that we should find another hotel. At 11 PM!!! When she was giving me my money back, she gave me tree times inccorect sume of money back :( the place was full of drug addicts and prostitutes... BE CAREFUL - I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYBODY!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I chose this hotel for location and price. Should have read reviews on here before. 1st room reeked of smoke and door lock had been broken from forced entry. 2nd room I settled for had good a/c. Room was plain like a motel 6. One small soap for bathroom no shampoo or conditioner. Closet door was missing. Carpet and tile floor was dirty. Asked for iron and ironing board which never received. The toilet flushes slower than any other I have ever heard! Pipes above floors clank at all hours.
Scheduled cleaning for Saturday and when I asked Sunday about the non service, the desk clerk said "sorry sweeties there was no weekend service" (knew that) when pressed she said "there was an error scheduling the weekend and we don't have anyone to work". I would have preferred a phone call stating such and could live with it.. But I dislike the lack of communication of promised services!
Arrived late one night to a guy walking a pitbull who tugged on his leash in my direction. If you have a pet.. Be prepared for other pets of any size. Since it's an outside entrance for each room..be prepared to hear everyone arriving and departing, dogs barking and people honking to pickup friends. Oh and it's next to the airport so be prepared for constant jet noise! (That's the only thing I expected other than a clean room and promised service)!

• Stayed May 2014
Harrisburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Booked this place for 3 nights for a recent trip to Tampa. Pros: was cheap as part of a flight/hotel/rental car package. It was clean, and the staff was friendly. Full size fridge in room, with stove & microwave. Cons: very worn rooms, small room, noise from the airport, adjacent interstate and main roadway. Also no pool. Probably ok if you're on a budget and want a place to lay your head and might want the convenience of a kitchen. Definitely no frills. Not really for vacationers or business, probably good for a work crew.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers on this hotel, you know you are in trouble when there is a toilet plunger in every room! I usually stay at an Extended Stay a few exits south on the Veteran's Highway. This time, the other Extended Stay said they had remodeled the hotel and doubled their rates, so I booked at this one for $48 a night--what a mistake. We booked the room for a week. We endured Room 250 on the second floor for two nights and then could no longer take the stench. Everything in the room was coated with dirt and grime. When you flushed the toilet you had to use the plunger or it would not flush. The tile floors and bathtub were dirty and grimy. The pull-out couch had a layer of dirt. We went to the desk on the second night and requested to switch to another room and were given Room 200, right below the other one. This room was a little cleaner, but still very dirty. The couch was about the same. In both rooms, we listened to the piping in the ceiling clank and groan all night long, and keeping us awake. This hotel is also at the end of the Tampa Airport runway, with lots of noise from jets as they took off. I can not list all the deficiencies with these rooms. Really crazy, when I attempted to check out two days early the desk person said that if I did not stay the full seven days we signed up for, we would have to pay an additional $5 per night for the time we stayed. Crazy when they could have probably rented our room for $69 on the nightly rate.
When I returned home I gave the hotel a lousy rating on a survey they sent. I received an email from the manager saying he was sorry and asking me to give him a call. When I called him he took two nights off our stay. I mentioned the piping and dirty furniture and he said he already knew about those and hoped to have it fixed soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I could not use the AC/heat because it smelled of mold. The carpet was very warn and dirty. The bathroom was just disgusting. The shower had black mold and the toilet leaked on the floor. The bathroom walls were painted in the worlds ugliest yellowish brown color with all the repairs made in mismatched paint. Very poor maintenance repairs made though out the whole room. Hard enough to sleep in a room that feels this nasty but the bed also sagged badly in the center. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Room was old and worn. Non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. Had to keep windows open to get fresh air and breathe. Hotel is close to the ghetto. Tons of Tattoo shops and massage parlors right down the street. Security latches falling off the doors. The only good thing about this place was the Wifi worked well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We chose this hotel because we had a late flight and only needed a good night's sleep before driving to Naples. Costumer service was awful at check-in, the closet door was broken, the bed was not made (stains and hairs in it), the bathtub dripped, the garbage was not emptied, etc. etc. Since the phone did not work, I had to go to the front desk for clean sheets to change myself. Then we discovered the pipes were knocking, and knocking, and knocking. Luckily we had ear plugs. The woman at check-out was the only good thing about the stay. Was happy to leave that place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple