“Room stunk of cigarette smoke” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #127 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
London, United Kingdom
“Room stunk of cigarette smoke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We booked a non smoking room as it's one of our pet hates. Arrived at the hotel and duly signed the non smoking agreement only to find our room absolutely stunk of stale cigarette smoke. It was ingrained in everything which is a shame as it wasn't a bad room. The carpet needed a clean by the door but the bed was comfy and the location great. When we left our clothes and hair smelt of the stale cigarette smoke which wasn't pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is the best hotel in tampa by far.. For the price I would give it 5 stars.. The staff is great and very helpful! I would recommend this hotel to everyone who comes to tampa! Come check out there hotel it is very clean and great!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. I was very happy with the staff. I enjoyed the using the kitchen. Great friendly staff. A great hotel for a good price. Easy booking process. Will come back to this hotel again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

It is my pleasure to take the time to recognize the excellent customer I have recieved here. Management staff...INCLUDING both Ms. KIM IRVIN assistant manager/as well as Mr. SIRAJEI EL-GHAZAL. At the beginning of my stay did not start off very well at all. But due to the polite and over the top service these managers were on top of making my stay EXCELLENT!! I have been here for a few weeks and plan to remain here until my home is complete! I just want to make sure these 2 employees are recognized for outstanding attitudes, cleanliness and service! Thank You Mr. Tara Luntsford

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice but the Deluxe is off the charts EXCELLENT!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I am a long-term lodger here. I am new to the area, and have no family, and I do not know very many people in this area. I had car trouble, and Kim assisted me by physically pushing my car to a different parking spot so she could assist me in trying to give my car a jump start with her car.

Sarai was a huge help, as well. She gave me a ride to work, and assisted me all day in trying to get the necessary part for my car and getting my car repaired.

This is definately going above and beyond the call of duty, because, this was a personal issue, and the staff didn't have to accomodate me, but they did!

This gives me a feeling of community in my temporary home, and makes me feel more secure and comfortable staying there.

I would definately recommend this place either short-term, or long-term to anybody!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

THANK YOU for continuing to be a chain that allows people to have their pet(s) with them! We had no idea how difficult and expensive this had become (as we'd been out of the U.S. for 15 years). Thank you also for providing 'kitchenettes' and kitchenware/supplies; we ate-in all 7 nights, reducing our stress levels and helping, financially.
Along with reasonable pricing, being a 'home away from home' (and for us, 'home is where the cats are') was 'key' in our decision to book at Extended Stay while relocating to Tampa from overseas. We will forever be grateful that by meeting our needs, you've garnered future endorsements and gained our repeat business should need arise in the future.

Room Tip: Room 156 (up a small flight of stairs) was perhaps the quietest hotel room we've had in a year t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed our pet friendly-hotel with fully equipped kitchens inside of our spacious suites at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Home away from home. the price and the hotel exceeded our. expectations. Friendly staff meet all our needs quickly and professionally. I enjoyed using the gas grill and cooking meals i would cook at home. I will definitely stay at this hotel,my next visit to this area.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!