“As long as you don't need Wifi it's mostly acceptable” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #107 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“As long as you don't need Wifi it's mostly acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Arrived on 3/17/2013. Am currently here while writing this on 4/2/2013 My expectations were low. I just need a clean, safe place to stay with a reliable internet connection. It does seem clean and safe. The internet connection is the problem for me. I chose to stay here because I thought they would have high-speed internet. I do a lot of work on-line so I really need a solid internet connection. It doesn't have to be super fast, just reliable.

The place met my immediate expectations. It's a little beat up, but that's part of why the price is right.

My BIG problem is with the internet connection. I paid extra for 30 days of high speed internet. It worked great for two days, then it was completely down for over 2 days while they replaced some hardware. Then it worked good for a couple of days, then for the last 9 days it has barely worked at all. It gets worse each day. 9 days ago I spent an hour on the phone with tech support. According to their tests everything's great so it must be my computer right? Besides, they've already got my money. But, I have a bachelor's degree in computer science and a master's degree in software engineering. There's nothing wrong with my computer. And, I need to work from it.

I'd like to stay for another month or two, but I'm going to have to leave because the Wifi speed is about 28Kbits/sec at it's fastest. As far as management is concerned there's no problem because they've already got my money. They probably won't even care when I have them refund a few weeks of it because I'm leaving early.

I travel about 11 months out of the year. This has the worst internet connection of all the places I've stayed in the last year (20+ different places around the country). Because of the internet problems I will never consider coming back. It's too bad. Other than that, the place would be acceptable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The internet access you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, we will address this issues with our internet provider. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at nap@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here while there was work being done on my home. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The rooms were clean and had everything I needed. The hotel is a little dated could used and update such as new tvs (flat screens preferebly). the only issue i had was with the key/lock. i had to get my key reset a few times. but overall i was very happy with my stay. i will recommend this hotel to friends and family if they are ever in need, :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I just received your review of our property. Myself and the staff are very pleased that we were able to make your stay a good one! Please do not hesitate to contact us for your future lodging needs.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Overall the stay was great. The staff did a very good job of beind welcoming and accomodating to all my needs. The rooms are a little outdated but compared to other hotels i stayed at it was worth more than i paid. I really enjoyed the landscape it created a relaxing and secluded feel as well as a nice view. I wish there was more to do but i did make use of the grilling area and that was nice to have. Rooms had everything i needed and after i asked for extra pillows i quickly had some brought to my door. The TV could stand for some updating as well as the floors. Pots and pans werent in the room but quickly learned i just had to ask for some. I would recomend to others looking for a quiet place to stay while away from home. I want to thank the staff as well very friendly and put a smile on my face. I hope to see you all again soon. Thank You!

Room Tip: First building away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing Homestead Studio Suites. We hope to see you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Rooms could be larger brighter but front desk staff are nice and helpful, including Raj and Aaron. My biggest gripe is the A/C in most rooms always weak! Its a safe prime location convenient to all places Tampa and St Pete with best weekly rates in all of Tampa that has a full kitchen for what youd pay for hotel room. Ive stayed there for a month and go back from time to time and no complaints. Recommended for those on budget, for those looking for weekly look no further.

Room Tip: Go to Retail Me Not website for Extended Stay coupon codes save $$$$.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Rooms are relatively clean, I will admit that, but are run down (at least my room was): rusted appliances, frayed cabinets, soiled carpet, etc. And the out-dated TVs, my God! Does management have any TVs from this century?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation and the experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is taking every step available to prevent such a situation from repeating itself. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time booking with this hotel brand. I booked it for myparents that came into town to visit, it was close to our house and the price was right. The rooms are small, but were perfect for my parents, especially the kitchens! Very clean, & I thought my parents room was cute! Like I said, there small rooms, need some updating, but clean & comfortable! The local calls are free and they actually accept pets, which is good if we travel because we just got a puppy! Serag at the front desk was very nice, he made my parents reservation for me and was very sweet. The other girls that work in the office, I didn't get there names, were very sweet, my parents are older and I felt that they were in good hands here. Sorry this is so long, but I would definitely use this hotel again! I'm also going to use trip advisor more often, I was unaware of it until serag mentioned it to me. Its a shame that there is negative comments about this hotel, as my parents had a wonderful stay. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you KJ.

• Stayed January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Suraj went above and beyond to make your visit a great stay. Our passion is to make every guest feel special and make the accomodations here feel like a home away from home. I am thrilled that you will highly recommend us to anyone in the future. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you and your parents again should they come back to visit.
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you need a place to stay for a short time and your budget is what controls your hotel choice, you may be able to accept this place. The front desk is understaffed, does not have the authority to fix problems, and the "amenities" are NOT all there. Our experience was awful on too many levels to enumerate. (Caveat Emptor.) After our stay, however, when I contacted the Area Manager, he was AWESOME. His location actually answers the phone, and it's his skill, concern, and willingness to work with a dissatisfied guest that moves this property to ... semi-marginally tolerable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our property. I am very sorry for your problems you encountered while at the property. I will use your concerns as a training tool for our employees. We try and make every guest stay as comfortable as possible. I try and contact every guest as soon as possible when they have a concern. If ever in our area again please don't hesitate to contact myself at tap@extendedstay.com, and we will make your stay better than your last stay.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!