“Facility needs some serious updating” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #120 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
tampa
“Facility needs some serious updating”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Rooms are relatively clean, I will admit that, but are run down (at least my room was): rusted appliances, frayed cabinets, soiled carpet, etc. And the out-dated TVs, my God! Does management have any TVs from this century?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation and the experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is taking every step available to prevent such a situation from repeating itself. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time booking with this hotel brand. I booked it for myparents that came into town to visit, it was close to our house and the price was right. The rooms are small, but were perfect for my parents, especially the kitchens! Very clean, & I thought my parents room was cute! Like I said, there small rooms, need some updating, but clean & comfortable! The local calls are free and they actually accept pets, which is good if we travel because we just got a puppy! Serag at the front desk was very nice, he made my parents reservation for me and was very sweet. The other girls that work in the office, I didn't get there names, were very sweet, my parents are older and I felt that they were in good hands here. Sorry this is so long, but I would definitely use this hotel again! I'm also going to use trip advisor more often, I was unaware of it until serag mentioned it to me. Its a shame that there is negative comments about this hotel, as my parents had a wonderful stay. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you KJ.

• Stayed January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Suraj went above and beyond to make your visit a great stay. Our passion is to make every guest feel special and make the accomodations here feel like a home away from home. I am thrilled that you will highly recommend us to anyone in the future. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you and your parents again should they come back to visit.
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you need a place to stay for a short time and your budget is what controls your hotel choice, you may be able to accept this place. The front desk is understaffed, does not have the authority to fix problems, and the "amenities" are NOT all there. Our experience was awful on too many levels to enumerate. (Caveat Emptor.) After our stay, however, when I contacted the Area Manager, he was AWESOME. His location actually answers the phone, and it's his skill, concern, and willingness to work with a dissatisfied guest that moves this property to ... semi-marginally tolerable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our property. I am very sorry for your problems you encountered while at the property. I will use your concerns as a training tool for our employees. We try and make every guest stay as comfortable as possible. I try and contact every guest as soon as possible when they have a concern. If ever in our area again please don't hesitate to contact myself at tap@extendedstay.com, and we will make your stay better than your last stay.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you keep in mind the price you are paying, this property can be worth the three dots.

The property is an exterior corridor property, so you have very direct access to your room - which I guess is good or bad - depending on your viewpoint. On the upside it's easy to park right outside your door. Downside is your room feels very exposed to anybody walking by. In fact, it seems a bit uncomfortable leaving your shades open as anyone could walk by and look in if inclined.

In general, it is a basic, functional room - though my room was pretty darn small. It would not be comfortable for more than 1 or maybe 2 adults; I would not find it reasonable if you had children as there would be absolutely nowhere for them to play. There may be larger rooms, however.

Room contains a full size fridge that worked well (though was very beat up to include some rust on the outside...inside was fine). stovetop burners that worked fine and basic microwave. No dishwasher and sink was only one basin so inconvenient to wash dishes. While not perfectly clean, it seemed to pass. Housekeeping cleans once a week (when you pick the weekly rate, anyway) and I definitely felt they did their job when they came to clean. That said, room shows definite wear and tear: scuff marks abound.

Lighting was sufficient though nothing spectacular. Bathroom was acceptable sized and functional, though tub was HEAVILY worn. Sink drained slowly, but that might be primarily because the stop wasn't lifting enough to allow for regular flow of water.

Bed, to be honest, sucked. Very hard mattress with little give. Pillows were very basic. Sheets seemed to be about the cheapest ones a hotel could buy. Bedspread thin and had some holes, but worked. Again, keep in mind the near bottom-of-the-barrel price you are paying.

Internet had problems first night, but worked flawlessly from second night onward.

Staff was reasonably friendly and attentive to my requests. I had no problems talking with staff.

Laundry facilities worked fine, though seemed a little expensive to me at $4/load to wash and dry (I'm used to about $3/load).

Location is literally next to the airport, so there is airplane noise in the room. The area is very office park oriented but casual dining, fast-food, Publix grocery store and some other stores are only a few miles away. Location is definitely convenient to I-275 to access to either Tampa or St. Petersburg.

Again, for the price this place passes and represents an option to save a few bucks if you can sacrifice some quality. That said, for my purposes when my reservation was up I still moved as the location is not at all convenient to what I am here for - the money I saved in room rate I spent at least partially into the gas pump.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff was friendly during your visit with us. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Carolina, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I always look to be fair with my reviews so I will say first the positive things, and then the negative. The service was really good, the three times I went to the front desk the staff was really nice and very helpful. The parking is good, and yes its true its and industrial area, but you have everything (restaurants, fast foods, supermarket, gas stations) close if you have a car. You can rest really good (without taking in consideration our upstairs neighbors who were really noisy every single night) because the rooms are really quiet although its close to the street and to the airport. The housekeeper was a really nice lady.

In the other hand, the Hotel is really outdated. In our room the bathtub was stained, the telephone was dirt and in really bad conditions, and some of the cabinets were broken and falling apart. We reserved a King room and we got a Queen with a sofa sleeper,which we opened once and it was dirty and so uncomfortable that we didn't use it. Mike (the guy in the front desk when we did the check in) was so embarrassed by the situation but he did his best to make us feel comfortable and to help us. He brought us pots and a full set of sheets for the sofa. Last but not least one of the days when we arrive to the room we found a huge cockroach in the bathroom. Oh by the way on room 120 check the container when you put the sugar because its really gross, someone use it like ashtray and its really disgusting.

The place have a lot of potential, but its in need of rush updates.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. The room issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will ensure these issues are addressed with our maintenance staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice simple rooms. Fully functional. Good parking. Clean facilities. The neighborhood is pretty industrial. No public transportation and not much to walk too. But plenty of food to be had in either direction. There is a Publix supermarket due west about two miles. Plenty of fast food and family restaurants in the area. Not a bad place to park for a week or two or three. But you must have a car. They do sometimes run monthly specials. So ask about those.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the airport. The runway is only a few hundred feet away.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and large parking area.Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last year around this time for a month. It was not the greatest experience. Staff was rude. I barely got service and when I complained about that I got the silliest response when told well if you don't take the service we provide then they stop coming. And that was acceptable ! The room was seriously falling apart. Management wasn't much better when I complained when I finally found a manager to speak with during the day. I was always told the manager was...out at another location...which I discovered later was a lie...

But I had to be in this area again and compared to some of the other "VALUE STAYS " this was the lesser of the other evils.

Well these reviews and constant customer complaints must have lit a fire because this place is totally different. Cleaner rooms. Different, friendlier staff, I have a room where the AC actually works. The sheets no longer smell like wet dog. NO DUST, which was a biggie because of allergies and sinus issues. No more bugs. Fully stocked with basic dishes. I have a bigger TVs that isn't circa 1990. Housekeeping now comes every other day or at least twice a week and they are much friendlier. I don't feel guilty for saying yes I need service. I can see they are trying to improve the experience and condition of this hotel. And I feel safe. Even the over night guy has a new attitude lol. He used to be quite sour.

This is a hotel that serves your basic needs quite Well now. And like I said earlier, compared to some I have seen this is what a value stay hotel should be like.

I would come back again if they keep this good work up.

• Stayed October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you gave us another chance. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!