“Good price, but in desperate need of improvements” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #119 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Good price, but in desperate need of improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I always look to be fair with my reviews so I will say first the positive things, and then the negative. The service was really good, the three times I went to the front desk the staff was really nice and very helpful. The parking is good, and yes its true its and industrial area, but you have everything (restaurants, fast foods, supermarket, gas stations) close if you have a car. You can rest really good (without taking in consideration our upstairs neighbors who were really noisy every single night) because the rooms are really quiet although its close to the street and to the airport. The housekeeper was a really nice lady.

In the other hand, the Hotel is really outdated. In our room the bathtub was stained, the telephone was dirt and in really bad conditions, and some of the cabinets were broken and falling apart. We reserved a King room and we got a Queen with a sofa sleeper,which we opened once and it was dirty and so uncomfortable that we didn't use it. Mike (the guy in the front desk when we did the check in) was so embarrassed by the situation but he did his best to make us feel comfortable and to help us. He brought us pots and a full set of sheets for the sofa. Last but not least one of the days when we arrive to the room we found a huge cockroach in the bathroom. Oh by the way on room 120 check the container when you put the sugar because its really gross, someone use it like ashtray and its really disgusting.

The place have a lot of potential, but its in need of rush updates.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. The room issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will ensure these issues are addressed with our maintenance staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice simple rooms. Fully functional. Good parking. Clean facilities. The neighborhood is pretty industrial. No public transportation and not much to walk too. But plenty of food to be had in either direction. There is a Publix supermarket due west about two miles. Plenty of fast food and family restaurants in the area. Not a bad place to park for a week or two or three. But you must have a car. They do sometimes run monthly specials. So ask about those.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the airport. The runway is only a few hundred feet away.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and large parking area.Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last year around this time for a month. It was not the greatest experience. Staff was rude. I barely got service and when I complained about that I got the silliest response when told well if you don't take the service we provide then they stop coming. And that was acceptable ! The room was seriously falling apart. Management wasn't much better when I complained when I finally found a manager to speak with during the day. I was always told the manager was...out at another location...which I discovered later was a lie...

But I had to be in this area again and compared to some of the other "VALUE STAYS " this was the lesser of the other evils.

Well these reviews and constant customer complaints must have lit a fire because this place is totally different. Cleaner rooms. Different, friendlier staff, I have a room where the AC actually works. The sheets no longer smell like wet dog. NO DUST, which was a biggie because of allergies and sinus issues. No more bugs. Fully stocked with basic dishes. I have a bigger TVs that isn't circa 1990. Housekeeping now comes every other day or at least twice a week and they are much friendlier. I don't feel guilty for saying yes I need service. I can see they are trying to improve the experience and condition of this hotel. And I feel safe. Even the over night guy has a new attitude lol. He used to be quite sour.

This is a hotel that serves your basic needs quite Well now. And like I said earlier, compared to some I have seen this is what a value stay hotel should be like.

I would come back again if they keep this good work up.

• Stayed October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you gave us another chance. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm not one for writing reviews but I'm doing so address past reviews of this hotel being in bad shape. I stayed here for a week during the Republican Party Convention, and this hotel suited me perfectly. The room was clean, provided good air conditioning, a large fridge/freezer and a large double bed. There were eateries and fast food restaurants nearby, and there were bus stops right outside the property to let me travel to my destinations and back whenever I needed.

I didn't encounter any bugs or dirt, and I found the lady at the desk to be friendly, helpful and understanding. So, I'm not sure why some people are giving them two/one stars unless they're expecting five star accommodation for low prices. We are quick to criticise but seldom take the time to thank people and businesses for their services. If you are looking for somewhere to accommodate a family for an actual holiday, then look elsewhere. But for my kind of gig, this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. The staff and I hope you enjoyed your time in our area and the festivities you visited for. It was our goal to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings to you and our other guests. We are extremely pleased to know we were able to do so.

brunswick, ME
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at the Homestead for convenience, as the next day we left on our honeymoon. We chose Homestead because the Hotels.com description stated it was "at the airport" where we flew in. We found out a couple of days before leaving (when I called to ask a cab company to get us to the Cruise port) that our hotel was 3 miles from the airport! we'd have to get a cab not only to the cruise port, but from the airport to the hotel! So much for convenient! I called the desk to ask the best rate for a cab, and I was told United Cab was only $9 from the airport to the hotel. We found out after we were in the cab that it was a $15 minimum. SO the desk staff seems to be uninformed. When we arrived after a day of flying, the guy was working alone, and the phone was ringing off the hook. We waited through 3 calls to check in, where we were told our room type that we reserved wasn't available, so we got an "upgrade". SOME upgrade! We had a 2nd floor room with no elevator, and 10 days worth of luggage! We didn't have great directions to the room, so we wandered around, up and down stairs. Once we got to the room, it was fine, but that was a terrible start! AND the water was lukewarm at BEST. 2 days straight!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Tampa - North Airport. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel at the beginning of April 2012 for work and the first room we moved into was run down, the bottom corners of the cabinets were chewed up, the carpets were gross, and there were roaches! In this first room we saw 6 roaches in 3 days. Mostly babies but one medium sized. We told the manager and he had us move 5 rooms down. They did have someone come in and place some roach traps but who knows if that will work. We moved into the second room and it was even worse. It was said to be non-smoking but had a very bad smell and a bunch of burn marks on the floor near one side of the bed. The cabinets were so disgusting and so were all the floors. Also there was no cover for the bottom of the fridge. The first night we did not see any bugs so we thought it would be okay to stay. After I sprayed the whole hotel room with lysol I once again unpacked all our stuff. That night as I was watching tv I saw a giant roach crawling on the wall! It was huge! That was the last straw. This hotel is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. I took pictures of everything to back my story up. We are constantly traveling around the U.S. and have never came across such a old, run down, dirty, bug infested hotel in the last few years of our traveling. The price was the only reason we stayed there in the first place but would rather come out of pocket to stay somewhere. Meggs4@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Read the reviews while looking for a hotel. If you see more bad reviews about being dirty with bugs...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Tampa - North Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel served its purpose. The room was clean and its a regular extended stay hotel. The price says it all. Not your resort type property. If you are travelling for business on a budget and in this area I suggest this place. The staff was nice and I had no issues with my room.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building with the lobby seem to be nicer. The 3rd building down is kind of iffy
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!