“Much needed overhaul!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #130 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Much needed overhaul!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last year around this time for a month. It was not the greatest experience. Staff was rude. I barely got service and when I complained about that I got the silliest response when told well if you don't take the service we provide then they stop coming. And that was acceptable ! The room was seriously falling apart. Management wasn't much better when I complained when I finally found a manager to speak with during the day. I was always told the manager was...out at another location...which I discovered later was a lie...

But I had to be in this area again and compared to some of the other "VALUE STAYS " this was the lesser of the other evils.

Well these reviews and constant customer complaints must have lit a fire because this place is totally different. Cleaner rooms. Different, friendlier staff, I have a room where the AC actually works. The sheets no longer smell like wet dog. NO DUST, which was a biggie because of allergies and sinus issues. No more bugs. Fully stocked with basic dishes. I have a bigger TVs that isn't circa 1990. Housekeeping now comes every other day or at least twice a week and they are much friendlier. I don't feel guilty for saying yes I need service. I can see they are trying to improve the experience and condition of this hotel. And I feel safe. Even the over night guy has a new attitude lol. He used to be quite sour.

This is a hotel that serves your basic needs quite Well now. And like I said earlier, compared to some I have seen this is what a value stay hotel should be like.

I would come back again if they keep this good work up.

• Stayed October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you gave us another chance. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm not one for writing reviews but I'm doing so address past reviews of this hotel being in bad shape. I stayed here for a week during the Republican Party Convention, and this hotel suited me perfectly. The room was clean, provided good air conditioning, a large fridge/freezer and a large double bed. There were eateries and fast food restaurants nearby, and there were bus stops right outside the property to let me travel to my destinations and back whenever I needed.

I didn't encounter any bugs or dirt, and I found the lady at the desk to be friendly, helpful and understanding. So, I'm not sure why some people are giving them two/one stars unless they're expecting five star accommodation for low prices. We are quick to criticise but seldom take the time to thank people and businesses for their services. If you are looking for somewhere to accommodate a family for an actual holiday, then look elsewhere. But for my kind of gig, this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. The staff and I hope you enjoyed your time in our area and the festivities you visited for. It was our goal to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings to you and our other guests. We are extremely pleased to know we were able to do so.

brunswick, ME
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at the Homestead for convenience, as the next day we left on our honeymoon. We chose Homestead because the Hotels.com description stated it was "at the airport" where we flew in. We found out a couple of days before leaving (when I called to ask a cab company to get us to the Cruise port) that our hotel was 3 miles from the airport! we'd have to get a cab not only to the cruise port, but from the airport to the hotel! So much for convenient! I called the desk to ask the best rate for a cab, and I was told United Cab was only $9 from the airport to the hotel. We found out after we were in the cab that it was a $15 minimum. SO the desk staff seems to be uninformed. When we arrived after a day of flying, the guy was working alone, and the phone was ringing off the hook. We waited through 3 calls to check in, where we were told our room type that we reserved wasn't available, so we got an "upgrade". SOME upgrade! We had a 2nd floor room with no elevator, and 10 days worth of luggage! We didn't have great directions to the room, so we wandered around, up and down stairs. Once we got to the room, it was fine, but that was a terrible start! AND the water was lukewarm at BEST. 2 days straight!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Tampa - North Airport. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel at the beginning of April 2012 for work and the first room we moved into was run down, the bottom corners of the cabinets were chewed up, the carpets were gross, and there were roaches! In this first room we saw 6 roaches in 3 days. Mostly babies but one medium sized. We told the manager and he had us move 5 rooms down. They did have someone come in and place some roach traps but who knows if that will work. We moved into the second room and it was even worse. It was said to be non-smoking but had a very bad smell and a bunch of burn marks on the floor near one side of the bed. The cabinets were so disgusting and so were all the floors. Also there was no cover for the bottom of the fridge. The first night we did not see any bugs so we thought it would be okay to stay. After I sprayed the whole hotel room with lysol I once again unpacked all our stuff. That night as I was watching tv I saw a giant roach crawling on the wall! It was huge! That was the last straw. This hotel is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. I took pictures of everything to back my story up. We are constantly traveling around the U.S. and have never came across such a old, run down, dirty, bug infested hotel in the last few years of our traveling. The price was the only reason we stayed there in the first place but would rather come out of pocket to stay somewhere. Meggs4@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Read the reviews while looking for a hotel. If you see more bad reviews about being dirty with bugs...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Tampa - North Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel served its purpose. The room was clean and its a regular extended stay hotel. The price says it all. Not your resort type property. If you are travelling for business on a budget and in this area I suggest this place. The staff was nice and I had no issues with my room.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building with the lobby seem to be nicer. The 3rd building down is kind of iffy
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I spend a week here and found everything very clean and comfortable. The entire staff was excellent and their location was excellent and convenient. Great place for $32.99 a night and wifi was $4.99 for the entire stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We booked this room on Priceline.com and then looked up the hotel and reviews for this hotel...we were very concerned after reading them. However, when we got to our room it was in great condition, no dust, rats, bugs,etc that was mentioned in previous reviews. Front desk staff was very helpful, let us check in early, and brought us extra pillows. Granted every room is different but just wanted to say that our stay here was pleasant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business