“Great Value for Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #120 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Dallas, Tx
“Great Value for Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I spend a week here and found everything very clean and comfortable. The entire staff was excellent and their location was excellent and convenient. Great place for $32.99 a night and wifi was $4.99 for the entire stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We booked this room on Priceline.com and then looked up the hotel and reviews for this hotel...we were very concerned after reading them. However, when we got to our room it was in great condition, no dust, rats, bugs,etc that was mentioned in previous reviews. Front desk staff was very helpful, let us check in early, and brought us extra pillows. Granted every room is different but just wanted to say that our stay here was pleasant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Why oh why didn't I check the reviews before I stayed at this dump!? We were in a rush to find an inexpensive place near the airport for one night...and booked this room thinking it would be convenient.
BUT....ick!
First, it was nearly impossible to find, as the light was out on their sign outside and we were arriving late at night. The desk clerk took forever to answer our call when we called for directions.
The room was gross. Towel rack in the bathroom had broken and was never replaced. Filthy old rags were wrapped around the pipes below the bathroom sink. There were no wrapped cups and the glass ones in the cupboard didn't look safe (clean) to drink from.
The safety lock on the door (directly to the outside-yes, a drive up to your door motel) was broken. It looked like the door had been kicked in or something. (Want internet access? $5.) TV barely worked. "Fitted" sheets didn't fit and crept up on me all night. Had we not been exhausted and late at night, we'd have left and gone elsewhere. Anywhere. But we went to bed and got up as early as possible and got the heck out of there.

Stay elsewhere. Really.
Thank goodness we didn't see any rodents. Had I read the other reviews I would have steered clear.
How they are still in business is a mystery.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

This hotel was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen in my life. I bidded pretty high over Priceline to hopefully ensure that I got a decent hotel in the area for the night, and I ended up paying well over 2 times the price of the room at this hotel that was offered on their website. Ok, win some, lose some. However, the room was so disgusting that I couldn't even sleep. The carpet was filthy. There were bugs all over the floor, bathroom, and bed. The unwashed sheets and pillow cases had cigarette burn holes in them as well as a number of short curly thick black hairs all over them. The sheets also had unclean stains of blood and ejaculate. The room smelled terrible and there was a grimy funk all over everything. There was mold and hair throughout the shower and on the shower head. Furthermore, I observed drug deals and prostitution solicitation in the parking lot. I will write to Priceline to request that they eliminate this hotel so that their unsuspecting customers do not experience what I did, and I will request a full refund at a minimum. Do not stay here under any circumstances. You are better off sleeping in a gutter.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Regional Director at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Tampa - North Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

I stayed here because the place received generally favorable reviews...not the same place I stayed...dirty linens, towels, floors, sinks, bathroom. the bedding had tears in it and the place looked like it was a truck stop joke. The room was microscopic and the TV was the size of the TVs on the headrests on Jet Blue flights. The TV was filthy, covered in dust and dirt...and had about ten channels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Tampa Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

If you like Rats and Mice and nasty smells then this is the place for you. OMG! The place is so gross you will leave in a New York minute. I complained to management and it went nowhere. The carpets are a reminder of the sixties and I am sure there is hair in the corners left over from that era. You can hear the mice in the walls. I am sure they eat very well as the cook tops were utterly filthy. Dont take your shoes off! Dont touch anything, just leave. Better yet, look elsewhere as this place should be condemmed. .

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rtas and Mice
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
aurora co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

this room was one of the worst it smelled horrible it had flying roaches ,mice,and bed bugs i hope priceline takes it of their list of hotels they only clean the room twice in a 14 pay period they never change the comforter i had to wash it myself it smelled like it many bodys were on it we had to find our own towels i highly recommened not coming to this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport? Share your experiences!