“Great fun for all ages!” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Laser tag and birthday party center in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Great fun for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place is amazing fun. I thought it was just for kids but it was amazing how much fun I had. Everyone there was extremely polite and they enforce safety rules which makes it safe and fun. They have lots of fun arcade games in the lobby while you wait for your game to start and the pizza is excellent also. I recommend this place for anyone who wants to try something different and have a blast!

Visited September 2013

“great place its a blast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I like qzar. its a great place for the kids to hang out. the kids can have a fun time in a safe place. the staff is very friendly and the prices are reasonable, games are 15 min long. the games are ok too,.

Visited August 2013
“Great place for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I used to come here in high school and its great to see that my kids enjoy it as much as I did. These guys work very hard to make it kid friendly and enjoyable for my son.

Visited August 2013
Riverview, Florida
“Work or personal, this place is a good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My team at work regularly has outings to various places. I suggested QZAR for our next event. Upon arrival the employees were very helpful and my team had a blast. They all said that of all the places we had gone, this was the most fun, and the most bang for our buck.

Personally I come up here fairly regularly with my son and nephew. We always have a good time and find ways to make the games more challenging when playing against less experienced players. The Marshals are good at recognizing lopsided teams and separating certain players or using other methods to even the game out. I have never been in a situation where I had an issue with any employee.

I always get the wristbands and depending on the day/time you can get in quite a few games in those 4 hours. But be prepared, you will eventually start to get tired. Just because you aren't running doesn't mean you aren't moving.

In addition, I would like to say that as parents, we have to be realistic about our kids in this type of environment. I have watched kids flat out sprinting or being overly aggressive, and then see the parents complain when the kids get warned or even kicked out of a game. Only to have the parents complain. Our kids are not all angels 100% of the time.

In conclusion, if you want to play video games, I would skip it. If you want to play a fast paced game of laser tag there is nobody better in the area. Love the staff, love the pricing (I always go with the wristbands). And don't forget, weekends are usually full of birthday parties. So if you are 30 don't get frustrated when you are getting swarmed by a bunch of 10 year olds.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Bullying-unprofessional staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been going to this business since my children were 6 years old and it has been such a great time that we would bring our family and friends their over the years. After a long absence because of busy schedules we decided to bring my nieces there again while they were visiting from Texas.
What started out to be a great time ended in our family being first bullied by a
"friend of the staff-oh you mean greg" when we first complained about this man and ultimately having my son kicked out because he stuck up for himself while being verbally abused and cornered by greg. I tried to handle things first by bringing it up to one staff member that we were uncomfortable by gregs behavior because he was being confrontational during this friendly game with young children. As his behavior escalated we even tried to switch groups so we would not be in the same game. I told the kid running the game that we would really appreciate it if he kept the guy out of our game because we did not want things to get worse and wanted to have a good time which I had paid over 125 to have. This is where it turned ugly. They still let him in the game and sent someone to chaperon all of us. When this greg started saying things under his breath so the so called chaperon-es would not hear my son made a gesture like he was going to punch the guy if he did not back off. They threw my son out for punching the guy when he did not even touch him.
The staff say the rules before the game but as soon as the head manager left, a couple of the staff played and were doing everything the rules tell you not to do with this guy greg like touching each other with their guns and wrestling. If they do not obey the rules how are other people to be held accountable? I believe rules are their to keep people safe. One of my sons also had an eye injury because they don't enforce the rules of not running. The gun hit hi in the eye when someone ran into hi with the gun first.
The manager said I am not in the mood to deal with this tonight and his solution to the problem was to separate us. This made me even more upset as had we not already tried this once. I asked for my money back and basically was told that just to get us out of there he would pay me back. He did not pay me all the money and did not apologize once for how things had been handled the first time. I hope all parents think twice before they spend their hard earned money going to this business. Their are other laser tag businesses that you will not get bullied at. It is not safe there.

Visited July 2013
Qzar T, General Manager at Q-Zar Tampa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are sorry that your experience wasn't as enjoyable as it should be. We try hard to properly mix guests and families into our laser tag arena. Our arena holds up to 40 players each game, so there are lot's of different people and personalities. This is what makes our laser tag games so much fun, as you interact with people in addition to those who you came with.

We are very strict about safety. Very strict and if there is any indication of aggressive behavior we are trained to isolate and remove that guest or guests. We explain to all guest our rules and safety issues well in advance of each game.

The employees and guests that this review mentions have all been debriefed after your visit and we are certain to prevent situations like this occur again.