“workers are zombies” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 60 Attractions in Tampa
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Glazer Children's Museum is a 53,000 square foot facility in the heart of Downtown Tampa. Created specifically for children 10 and under, the Museum is a place where parents and children can learn through play and shared discovery. We offer 170 "interactivities" in 12 themed areas for families to explore and connect while having fun along the way.The Museum can be easily reached from anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. All themed areas on most exhibits are wheel chair accessible.
St. Petersburgh, Florida
“workers are zombies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

No help or assistance with question. Its good to go ONCE and NEVER RETURN. I asked questions and the workers acted like they didn't want to be bothered. ALl they want is your money...They did not act very friendly towards our kids eather. They acted like they didn't want to be bothered and were annoyed by our questions. NOt good customer service esp. towards children. They need to hire new staff that.

Visited April 2013

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Good spot for rainy day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good place for 8 and under. Older kids will likely get board. Got many educational exhibits and place is very clean.

Visited April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
40 attraction reviews
“Fun, but Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would have given this 5 stars, except it seemed to cost a little too much. Kids are $9.50 each, and adults are $15. Like most of these places, it really pays to get a family pass if you live in the area. A family pass would pay for itself in a couple visits. As tourists, that wasn't an option for us.

My daughter (8 years old) was at the older end of the age range that this museum seems to target. She had a lot of fun with the sports exhibit (racing against rabbits and turtles), but nothing else held her attention for long. This is definitely a place that is more fun with a group of friends who know each other. My daughter would have had a blast putting on a play on the stage, but she was alone and shy. The large groups of kids really seemed to enjoy that one.

The paper airplane launcher was a lot of fun for the older kids (my wife and I).

Visited March 2013
tampa
23 attraction reviews
“Wee one wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went on a rainy Tuesday before lunch, which turned out to be perfect- no crowds. I felt like the price was okay for kids but high for adults and older kids, which I will explain. My son is 20 months old and this place is absolutely outstanding for that age group. I would say this museum is aimed at the 1-5 year old age group- anyone older would not get much out of it. All of the playrooms, water toys, rubber sandbox, climb on stuff and learning tools would not be appropriate for kids over 6 or 7 and all the parents can do is hang out and watch their kids live it up in this super cool kid friendly place- which is why I think the adult price and kids over 12 price is high. I would have to pay 15$ for my 13 year old daughter to tag along with her baby brother and I, as this museum offers nothing for older kids. With that being said, it really is a great children museum for your wee ones. My son loves it there, and we can stay for about 2 to 3 hours and it is still tough to get him out peacefully. It's a wild child's dream come true!

Tampa, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Over-hyped & Overcrowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This museum has a costly entry price and usually overcrowded at all times of the day, it's more of a headache than fun for kids & adults. The sections are great ideas, like the rubber sand "beach," but since only a couple kids and then their adults can squeeze into any section, it's always just kids fighting or getting stepped on or unruly children messing up exploration of the other kids without any space to put between them. We almost always just play for a bit, then have some sort of tangle with another kid then have to move on and repeat it through each section. This is also the only place I haven't been able to easily keep an eye on my kid, even when I may only be a 2 feet away, because there are so many more adults than kids all the time. I am actually a smaller framed individual who is used to keeping up with my kid and it's just impossible to navigate through the crowds while holding my son's hand.

Visited August 2012