“Never disappoints!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 1,968 restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This is THE authentic Italian restaurant in Tampa. Spartaco (owner) is amazing
New York City
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place is super authentic, the owner and his son in law run the place and are the main waiters. Everything, starting with the olive dip and fresh bread they bring out is spectacular. The menu is decent sized, but they always offer to make you any italian dish you would like. They always have specials as well. The two things we order without fail are not on the menu, we tried them as specials, but they are always available. They are pasta pockets with 4 cheeses and pears, and the linguine with crab and lobster in a pink sauce. The calamari salad is also delicious. They will also do any plate as an appetizer size in case you just want to try something. You can't go wrong with this place if you are an italian lover. It is a small restaurant with maybe 8 tables, but the service is impeccable. No reservations so arrive early for dinner.

• Visited May 2013

91% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“Always Fantastic at a Great Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I can't get enough of this restaurant. The food is always great and at a great price.
They don't take reservations but there is a perfect wine bar a few stores down from the restaurant to wait.
Make sure you get the owner to make the grilled shrimp.
They don't mind if you bring your own wine either. Fantastic!

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC Metro Area
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After a loooong day @ Busch Gardens, we were looking for an enjoyable, quiet dinner experience. As first time visitors to Tampa, we relied on reviews and boy was it worth it. This place was the best and the only authentic Italian restaurant experience we have had in the US. We were warmly welcomed by the owner and the staff was very attentive and friendly and the food was simply stunning. Also the attitude towards kids and kids menu items ("we can cook whatever and how much you want") was simply exceptional. We are only sorry that we live 900 miles away...:(

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Florida
“SPARTACO is back! (new name, same great food)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Where do I begin... with the antipasto I suppose. Nah, I'm going to skip to the dessert, because I ordered a second serving! Limoncello Mascarpone Cake: it was so good I felt like I needed to go to confession. Strozzapreti alla "Bel Sit" (pasta with white seafood mix): they actually replaced the clams that did not open for me. My wife had the Lasagna of the Day. She loved it, but I didn't traste it b/c I was too busy enjoying my food. I had the Insalata Casalinga, which was a wonderful spring mix with walnuts, mandarins, a raspberry vinaigrette, blue cheese. She had the Caesar, again I don't think I tried it b/c mine was so yummy. Anyone that loves the food you'd find in a true osteria will enjoy this experience. Seating is limited, so be prepared to wait on weekends especially. It's always worth the wait.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Thought I was back in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have lived in Tampa 5 years, and :never tried this little treasure. Authentic Tuscany cuisine, great bread and the house salad (mixed greens, walnuts, mandarin oranges and bleu cheese)
Yummy. The waiters are friendly, know everyone and the owner is also authentic Italian! And save room for the cannoli and gelato! You'd swear you were transported back to Florence.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere