“Amazing workout and experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 117 Activities in Tampa
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Amazing workout and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

Everyone was so relaxing and helpful. The water was peaceful and quiet. First time experience and couldn't have asked for a better Sunday morning. Quick learn and no pressure. Small group of 5 made it individual experience. Thanks for a great morning and ride!

“Fantastic work out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

Mike what a great paddle work out today at Davis Island. Well worth the money. I appreciate you keeping me honest wirh my technique. Loved the prisoner walk exercise.

Tampa, Florida
“An afternoon on the water with my family -- best birthday gift ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was surprised by my husband and two teenagers with the only hint being "wear your bathing suit". We met Mike and Aimee at the boat launch on Weedon Island and started our lesson with dry land instruction and hit the water 10 minutes later. We got the hang of it quickly and soon were able to enjoy our surroundings while paddling. We saw stingrays, pelicans, spoonbills, egrets, blue heron and fish were jumping everywhere! It is a workout so I enjoyed the stretching break on the sandbar and cooled off in the water. What a beautiful, memorable day. I suggest bringing frozen bottled waters and sunscreen -- both can be strapped to the front of the board.

Visited September 2011
Vashon, Washington
“A great Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

It was our first time trying Stand Up Paddleboarding, and Mike and Amiee gave us all the necessary instructions and we were on our way. It was easier than I thought it would be. Stand Up Paddleboards are the perfect maritime vehicle to explore the mangrove waterways around Fort De Soto. We enjoyed viewing rays and lots of fish, unfortunately didn't see a Manatee. Maybe next time. Urban Kai was a very professionally run experience and I would recommend them to anyone. Mike's background as a professional trainer comes through with coaching on the finer points of SUP'ing. Urban Kai rocks!

Visited May 2011
Tampa, Florida
“Awesome Day on the Water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband, daughter and I went paddleboarding for the first time and we are hooked. Our instructor was absolutely great... explained it thoroughly, brought several types of boards for us to try. We had a great time, great workout! I would highly recommend giving Urban Kai a call... great adventure... cannot wait to do it again.

Visited July 2011