“What an utter disappointment.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,997 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
“What an utter disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Arrived on Saturday evening at the location to an hour and 15 minute wait time. Understandable as it is Saturday evening. My wife and I stayed at the bar and had a couple of drinks. The bar staff was curious and always kept their eyes on our drinks.
We were finally called and sat down. We waited about 8 minutes before a waitress other than ours asked if we've been served. We said no, and she took our drink order and advised who our server was (I'm not giving specific names due to obvious reasons). Our waitress finally made her appearance and she explain how the concept of eating was conducted. She asked how we like our meat cooked (medium well) and gave us the meat choices. We went up to the food bar and began to eat. We waited for medium well meat to come around and decided to take some medium which was still very red to us. It took them about 10 minutes to bring the mash potato and fried banana sides. Not once did the requested desired meat arrive and we had to ask for more sides. We also never saw the filet bacon wrapped, the bacon wrapped chicken. Needless to say we got filled up on sides and some meat that we really didn't want. With 1 drink each, we spent $160. We don't mind spending the money, but we want it to be well worth it.
We will never go this place again, never recommending either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Largo, Florida
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Awesome meal with so many choices from the salad bar to the countless cuts of meat walking by you. Cannot beat it. Brunch is a great time to go Saturday & Sunday, being only 25 a person. Only down side, only free refills for beverages is the water.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Don't Forget The Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Most people don't consider Brazilian steakhouses as a place to have lunch, but the combination of the closeness of the International Mall and TdeB's Saturday and Sunday Brunch is a winning combination. The offerings were still enormous.
I read that some people did not like the service here, but my wife and I found the service excellent and quick to response to requests. It could be that management is resolving its earlier problems. The salad offerings were less extensive, but better quality than its competition down the street. The meats were of perfect proportion for those who must have one of everything.
Warning: I found the coating on the leg of lamb and similar cuts a little salty, but the carvers will gladly cut you a slice from the next layer of meat.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Round Lake, Illinois
“Great place to celebrate my 50th Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm not much of a red meat eater, but I wanted to try it anyway. I was awesome. The atmosphere and decor was great and they let us see where the food was prepared, it's amazing. The salad bar was to die for and I tasted every piece of meat they had. Their signature drink was soo good, I had two and I also had dessert, but had to take most of that home. I left, full, happy and satisfied. What a wonderful time was had by the group I went with.

Visited June 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Come hungry, leave stuffed and satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, unique dining experience, with excellent service by waitress and meat carvers. The salad bar is expansive, with fresh cheeses and meats, grilled vegetables, including a creamy, rich lobster bisque soup. Try the Brazilian sangria, it's strong, but smooth- note, the pitcher is large enough for 4 people; with everything you are eating it's too much for just 2. The meat selection is fantastic and they accommodate your temperature preference (from rare to well-done). The flank steak and Parmesan pork chop were very tasty. Salad bar and meat are unlimited, so you can eat as much as you like. So bring your appetite!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Texas de Brazil, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.