“Great service, Food and Ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great service, Food and Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Service was outstanding!! Alicia was our service and was very attentive, even with a very large party behind use who she was also serving. The food was outstanding, everything that you could ask for. The salad bar was a meal unto itself. Always a great experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Not great but above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

So quickly my rating for my personal experiences at Brazilian steakhouses (been to plenty)

1) Fogo de Chao (unfortunately not one here in Tampa, but there is one in Orlando)
2) Texas de Brazil
3) everything else (including Boizao here in Tampa)

The service was great at times and non-existent at others. We were a later party of 5 so our requests for specifics were sometimes acknowledged and sometimes not. As the crowd thinned out we figured we'd get better attention but it seemed like at times our table was being ignored totally, which is not good at all. Recommendations and personal attention by some guy that seemed like a manager made up for our server's faults. The food itself was much better here than at Boizao but still could have been better at times. When they first brought ribs to our table, they were pretty much burnt to a crisp, which was not appealing at all. The second time around, they were much better. Some of my party's favorite selections were rarely brought around and our drink orders took a LONG time to fulfill. We'll be back since it's the best option of it's kind in Tampa, but make sure you temper your expectations if you've been to a Fogo before...

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not as good as others...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have eaten at several locations and this one was the least of them. Service was average at best, our table was right next to a water and plate station so every few seconds, my chair would get bumped or kicked by a server. The restaurant was very loud when we went and you could almost not hear your guest speaking to you. Food quality was average. Not what I have experienced at other Texas De Brazil restaurants. Carvers were slow to come and waiting on a temp other than med rare took way to long. Not sure I would go again to this location with so many other choices but if you have not been, it cant hurt for the experience.

Visited November 2012
“Raw chicken”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My fiancée and I typically enjoy eating at Boizao. So we figured we would give Texas de Brazil a shot considering they serve the same type of food. Dinner was going well until we were served a raw piece of chicken. Upon informing the wait staff, the just removed the plate and did not apologize. They did not even replace my silverware. Upon informing the manager of the problem, he did nothing. No sorry, no our bad. Just told us to have a good evening. I wasn't looking for a free meal but I expected them to man up and take responsibility. Never again are we going there!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Walla Walla, Washington
“Fine dining at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Truly exquisite if you arent familiar with a brazilian style steak house this would be a great place to get aquainted to this style of dining. everything from the atmosphere to the food, oh my gosh the food you wouldn't believe all you can eat with a salad bar that is top notch. I would recomend this place to anyone.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Texas de Brazil, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.