“Not sure what I missed...just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 1,964 restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
toronto
“Not sure what I missed...just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

if I was driving right by and I was hungry I might stop. Might. It was just OK. Not sure what all the hype is about. I was really looking forward to it on our recent trip to Tampa but left thinking it was just alright. I had the Burrito and while it was stuffed silly with grilled steak, veggies and cheese and it was HUGE, it was quite bland and i needed a lot of the hot sauce on the table to perk it up. My husband had the tacos (one pork and one beef) and he was less than thrilled. He actually ate half of my Burrito after his tacos.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“TACO BUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Great Catering too! Our office receives Friday breakfast from the Taco Bus now and then. The food is great!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Heard about this place from some locals. Food was very good. I think it was like $8 for two tacos, rice and beans. Has a funky vibe. Would eat here again.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“A Tampa Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This place is a staple for visiting Tampa. Amazing authentic Mexican food. They don't speak great English do be patient.

You don't have to eat outside and order from the bus. Go inside and grab a table and they have servers on the inside.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Upper Michigan
“good start, then fizzled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I visited the Taco Bus last Sunday evening, 4/11/10 . Maybe Sunday nights are the wrong time to visit. The shredded beef enchiladas were excellent. So was the homemade green and red sauce. The sides of beans and rice were really bland, watery and portions were skimpy. Did not get any chips and salsa, which was a big change from what I'm used to at most other Mexican restaurants. The waitress was very friendly, and fast, but threw my change on the table, which bounced off and down between the cracks of the floor boards. But for the price, $8.00, I thought it was more or less fair...until I saw the bill and a charge of $2.40 for a diet Coke. THe folks all seemed to be hardworking so I'm willing to try again and will stop on another day.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Taco Bus? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taco Bus, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.