“almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Zephyrhills, Florida
“almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

By far the best Colombian restaurant in the Tampa Area. The best Colombian outside of Colombia perfect Empanadas and chicharron. One of the few places that offers so many flavors of Postobanon. The only problems is that I dont speak spanish and most waitresses speak very limited english but luckly the patrons of the restaurant that speak spanish order for me.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tampa, Florida
“Great Authentic Colombian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stopped in here to get some food to go because a lot of our co-workers have brought food in from this place and it is always good. We grabbed some empanadas, cheese rolls and chicarones and they were all excellent. The empanadas are made with corn meal which gives it a little sweet taste and stuffed with beef, potatoes and some veggies and spices. Ask for their home made hot sauce which has great flavor and pretty good heat. We stopped in on Saturday afternoon around 3pm and there were quite a few people in here and most seemed to be of latin descent. The ladies that helped us at the front who took our order and bagged it up for us was very friendly and helpful and you could tell she was very proud of the place giving us a menu to take with us and told us about their other restaurant/bar in the strip mall right next store which also had a good size bakery display. We plan to go back this weekend for a sit down meal b/c some of the stuff we saw and smelled on the tables was incredible.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Not As Good as I have heard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I got the Churrasco skirt steak and the flavor of the meat was awesome, some of the beast I have ever had! However, the sides were a little below par for me. I got the yuca frita and tostones both unfortunately looked and tasted as if they were sitting under a heat lamp for longer than they should have been. That was disappointing. I can say that they were not made to order and that is for sure!

The arepas side we got was as hard as a hockey puck and I'm not kidding. That is not how arepas should be served. So, this is my first time going and I'll give it another shot to see if that was just a bad night for them. The only reason I'm heading back is because that skirt steak was awesome, best in Tampa so far. I'll amend the review based on my second venture. Sad because I've heard so much about this place

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Colombian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Self declared South American foodie here,living in Miami for a long time. Place is clean and cozy, great service, price was above average than a mom and pops but authentic Colombian food. Big servings, I tried all their samplers. Don't forget the beef soup too. Average of $20++ per person. We still have leftovers till dinner. I would highly recommend this place to everyone who lives and visits Tampa.

Visited March 2014
St. Petersburg
“La Pequena Colombia Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

There is La Pequena Colombia Express which has quality-healthy fast food from Monday to Thursday till 1 AM and Friday-Saturday till 6AM. Great place as good as the restaurant with a very good service; great atmosphere; clean facilities and delicious food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to La Pequena Colombia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Pequena Colombia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.