“Love This Place, my pick when i am missing Colombia.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
New York City
“Love This Place, my pick when i am missing Colombia.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is wonderful. They have a full bakery and a sit down restaurant. Everything I have had on the menu has been as close to my meals in Colombia as I have been able to find. This is our go-to restaurant when we are in the mood for Colombian food. Try some of their fruit juices or their hot chocolate when the temperatures dip. Also, Colombian baked goods are really worth trying if you have never had. I suggest a Bunuelo. or just ask the waiter what their favorite is.

• Visited January 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Good Colombian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

On July 1st, went to this restaurant with a group of friends (10 ) all together.
They set up a table for all of us. The waitress was very efficient took everyone order and explained and answered all our questions. The restaurant is rather small and there was not much room to move around. We ordered different plates, like the "bandéjà paisa" fried fish ( A whole fish about two pounds) everybody was happy with their selection. The portions were rather big. The atmosphere was good as they had the tv tuned to the soccer game between Spain and Italy.
The prices were very fair.

• Visited July 2012
Tampa
“Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Awesome food! Great Quality!! Great Prices!! Can't go wrong here... try the Churasco! Yum!!

• Visited April 2012
st. paul
“Don't look for anything green”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We went to the sit-down restaurant. Good news: The empanadas were great and inexpensive. Awesome, spicy salsa. The juice drinks were great. Lots of food with every order. You will not go away hungry. Also liked the bakery desserts. Bad news: Minimal vegetables on the menu. They were out of the soup, which looked like it would have been good. No beer or wine.

Visited January 2012
ATL
“Worth checking out due to food quality though not perfect all around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My cousin, a Tampa resident, raved about this restaurant being the best Colombian food in town. So he took me today. The place was packed around 130PM, a good sign.

The menu had great variety of dishes, including some samplers. I had the churrasco argentino (flank steak). I am very finicky when it comes to steak and this piece of meat was clean from any nerves and was quite tender; the sauce it was in was delicious.

The different appetizers we had get mixed reviews from me. I am not a Colombian food expert but I know arepas should be hot or warm, not cold. The chorizo was not my favorite though I prefer Spanish chorizo. The chicharr'on was great as was the passion fruit homemade juice (it was really good!).

Service was very slow. The waiter we had was not on top of things though he didn't make any mistakes either. The food came out piecemeal. But these things usually are less important to me than the quality and authenticity of food.

The price were very reasonable. I also bought bakery items they sell. Have not eaten them yet but they looked good!

Worth the trip, I would say.

• Visited December 2011