“1 out of 3 loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Refinery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 1,997 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frierson Ave
Description: This is a new restaurant that openend in Tampa in March of 2010.
Seattle
“1 out of 3 loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My parents and I are in Tampa and tried this restaurant for dinner. My meal, sweet potato pancakes over kale with a poached egg, was absolutely delicious. We're from Seattle so we're used to inventive dishes like this. My parents, who are less adventurous, were not thrilled with their choices. I tasted my dad's burger and it was too salty. I didn't try Mom's escargot because I was stuffed from my own dinner. If we were here longer I'd push for us to try the restaurant again. Maybe the kitchen just had an off night?

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This restaurant has been on my list for a while....written up in travel magazines and James Beard nominations. I was excited about finally going. Unfortunately, it was a huge disappointment. It wasn't the limited menu, environment, or location that disappointed me. For amazing food, I will overlook all that. Given their reputation, I expected amazing food. At best, it was bland and the service was bland. We had red hummus and pate for starters. Both were unattractive on their respective plates and had little taste. I had pork belly for my entree, which I always love. It was okay, but not particularly tasty. My daughter had a hamburger which was excellent. Why would you go there just for a hamburger?

I really wanted to love this place, and I'm very disappointed that it's not more than average. Maybe I just hit it on a bad night, but I'm not sure I would go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Hartford, Connecticut
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The meals here are very good and not your typical very day menu. The menu changes often, and the waitress said usually not repeated, but may be. Each order is cooked to order, and was worth the short wait we had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Florida
“sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

had a great Sunday lunch/breakfast here. all of the dishes were made fresh.
we have eaten here for dinner a few times and the lunch menu for Sunday is
just as good as the dinner menu. highly recommend The Refinery for anyone
looking for a nice Sunday morning meal. definitely make reservations.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Another gem found! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Food was stellar, Atmosphere was very cool & the craft beer was perfect.
I had the catch of the day & I left the cleanest plate at our table. Peter was the highlight of the evening, being able to deal with a 10+ party. I'm not much of a red meat eater but those burgers were looking Pretty good. Thanks guys, great job
I'll be back!

Been to The Refinery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Refinery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.