“If you do nothing else in the Tampa area, make sure that you take this tour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ybor City Historic Walking Tours

Ybor City Historic Walking Tours
Centro Ybor, 7th Avenue entrance, Tampa, FL 33629 (Historic Ybor)
813-505-6779
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 68 activities in Tampa
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: There is no better way to experience Ybor City than at streetlevel on foot. Come discover this vibrant and diverse city. Ourwalking tours explore the many layers of history that make up the fabric of Ybor City. Tours start from the Vicente Martinez-Ybor statue at Centro Ybor on Seventh Avenue. Call for current schedule.
Middleburg, Florida, United States
“If you do nothing else in the Tampa area, make sure that you take this tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Lonnie was the best tour guide ever and knows everything there is to know about Ybor City! The tour was extremely well planned out and is a GREAT value for the money as the tour lasts about an hour and a half. We took the tour with our teenage daughters and they enjoyed the tour as much as we did, so it is a great family activity. Don't miss it!

Visited July 2012

Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Lonnie was awesome! The tour was great. We learned a lot about the city and the early history here. If you are a history buff like me, then you will enjoy it.

Land O Lakes, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Exceptional tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Exceptional tour of historic Ybor City! A must see for everyone - visitors and Floridians. I live in the Tampa Bay area and took my sisters on a tour of the city. We were expecting an old man to guide us, but instead had a very knowledgeable, well spoken tour guide. I was also expecting a half hour tour, but instead had almost a 2 1/2 hour tour of historic Ybor. Lonnie was very conscientious about keeping us in the shade and provided an interesting tour of the old city. He presented the history through stories which made the tour seem shorter than what it was. He then directed us to a place that sells hand rolled cigars made by Cuban immigrants and a great place for Cuban sandwiches and cafe con leche. He's the real thing!! Loved every minute!

Sun City, Florida
“Lonnie is Mr.Ybor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Nobody can tell the story about Vicente Martinez Ybor and his city better than Lonnie. With a mixture of historical facts and great story telling Lonnie is the best. I don't know if Lonnie was ever a teacher in his previous occupation but I wish he was my history teacher back in High School. A tour not to miss for your first time in Ybor City.

Highland Park, New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
“Great Introduction to Ybor City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I drove straight from Tampa Airport to Ybor City, hoping I would make it in time to take the 2pm tour. I travel frequently, and firmly believe that I can get the "most" out of a new place after I have been properly introduced to it. I found this tour to be very interesting and very informative! The guide, Lonnie, is very knowledgeable in the history and spiced that up with more personal stories about the people who settles and built up Ybor. The tour lasts about 1.5 hours, with plently of time to sit and rest in the shade while still learning. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

Visited May 2012