“Inexpensive, clean, interesting hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5396 Primrose Lake Circle, Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Inexpensive, clean, interesting hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here they allow pets, the room is really a really cool design with high ceilings and a cool bathroom. It's in a nice area with lots of great shopping and very new and safe. Would have expected to pay twice what I did, guess it was off season though, payed about 100 a night, but no fee for pets, free breakfast at a good clean buffet. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
swiss
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is new.got nice rooms but this was the worst hotel I ever stayed in.service is a dirty word for them.the teams were very loud and running through the whole building.breakfast was horrible.breakfast didn't offer bread. Manager was terrible too.we escaped from this hotel after 3 nights because of the groups.off course I don't blame the la crosse boys for this because they were excited,can't blame them at all but the hotel should better warn the other guests for enormous groups like this.the conditioner was terrible,so much noise that we were not able to sleep.never had an experience like this before.we are on a holiday because I must relax a little bit.because of my condition. but unfortunately no relaxation at all. I almost forget to,mention that the bananas at breakfast were almost rotten.the shower had almost no pressure so very uncomfortable too.pool was dirty.computer was working fine.WiFi was good.housekeeper friendly also the nice guy from maintenance was a good fellow.Kate was one of the kind frontdesk employee.the young guy was very rude but the manager tried to compensate me for his horrible behaviour at check in.I feel so very,very sorry for the elderly couple staying in de room close to ours.they were so lovely but were also bothered by all those groups.the first group was 75 people and the second group were a lot too.this is not a hotel up to,marriott standards but more like a cheap hostel.

• Stayed December 2010
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
I will respond to this comment as well, though it is from the same person as above. Again I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we did everything within our power to make your group happy, but it seems nothing we did was enough. It is evident from our other comments, and being ranked number 6 of all Springhill Suites in the world, that our hotel is nothing like a youth hostel, we are rather a typical hotel that caters to all sorts of different guests, and different guests needs, which includes traveling sports teams. Again I am sorry we were unable to make you happy, you had seemed very happy with the resolution I offered when we last spoke. I had very much enjoyed my conversations with you, but it is evident from these two comments that listening to everything you had to say every day you were here and agreeing to every request you had was not enough.
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My family and I enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms are comfortable and well designed, The lobby and breakfast areas were well appointed, with lots of light and comfortable furniture. Breakfast was included and offered the standard chain-of-this'-price variety of make your own waffles, cereals, instant eggs and microwave sausage. Though the location is a bit remote, it's a nice area out of the bustle near Busch Gardens, and perfect if traveling on I75 and want a place close to it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed here for four days while some work was being done at my house. I really enjoyed staying here, it was new, clean and they had a nice buffet breakfast. It was a pet friendly hotel and I was able to bring my two cats with me too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed here in September 2010. Hotel was perfect in every way. Will stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
tbo01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and I absolutely loved it.The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were beautiful and they had a modern look to them. The lobby decor was very pretty. The beds slept comfortably. The only negative thing I have to say is the breakfast should have offered more hot cereals. I really enjoyed my visit and I plan to stay here again whenever i'm in the Tampa area.

• Stayed September 2010
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed at this Springhill Suites for a weekend stay in Tampa. Check in was smooth, except when we asked for adjoining rooms, it created a bit of confusion b/c my room had a King bed while my family's had double beds. I stated numerous times that I'll take 2 doubles instead of a King but I think they were so eager to please and honor the original reservation that they made it harder on themselves. In the end, though-adjoining rooms on the 5th floor, no problem.

Room was very large and comfortable, beautiful flat screen LG TV, plenty of towels. Working microwave and fridge, very convenient. Room temperature controls worked fine in my room, but in my family's room, it was very hot and they could not change it. Turned out to be a hotel-wide problem that management took care of ASAP.

Breakfast in the mornings was plentiful and left out much longer than the stated time-very convenient. Muffins, pastries, cereals, bagels, english muffins, hot sausage links, scrambled eggs (altho they looked like powdered eggs, I would avoid) and a Belgian waffle maker. Fresh coffee (very good, very strong), juices and water are available.

Did not use the pool or the gym, but both looked very nice. Did take advantage of the Business Center in the lobby to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass. Very convenient, no problems at all.

The hotel was VERY empty while we were there. Every night, there were only about 6 cars in the lot and I'm sure most of those belonged to the staff. It is off the beaten path and in a commercial area surrounded by trees. This was my only concern. There was absolutely no security. You simply walk right into the hotel and pass by the front desk to go to the elevator or the stairs. Many times we came in and there was nobody at the front desk. Since I am claustrophobic, I was ecstatic that the hotel had open stairs available for me to use. However, I realized as I was walking them that there were no cameras in the stairs and just how easy it is to access the guest rooms. That is my only complaint and why I rate the hotel overall at very good, instead of excellent.

Got a great bargain at $89.00/night. Just hope it gets a little busier because otherwise, this big pretty hotel is in the middle of nowhere, for nothing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!