“Seems brand new, beautiful contemporary decoration and good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5396 Primrose Lake Circle, Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
miami
“Seems brand new, beautiful contemporary decoration and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My family and I enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms are comfortable and well designed, The lobby and breakfast areas were well appointed, with lots of light and comfortable furniture. Breakfast was included and offered the standard chain-of-this'-price variety of make your own waffles, cereals, instant eggs and microwave sausage. Though the location is a bit remote, it's a nice area out of the bustle near Busch Gardens, and perfect if traveling on I75 and want a place close to it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed here for four days while some work was being done at my house. I really enjoyed staying here, it was new, clean and they had a nice buffet breakfast. It was a pet friendly hotel and I was able to bring my two cats with me too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed here in September 2010. Hotel was perfect in every way. Will stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
tbo01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and I absolutely loved it.The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were beautiful and they had a modern look to them. The lobby decor was very pretty. The beds slept comfortably. The only negative thing I have to say is the breakfast should have offered more hot cereals. I really enjoyed my visit and I plan to stay here again whenever i'm in the Tampa area.

• Stayed September 2010
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed at this Springhill Suites for a weekend stay in Tampa. Check in was smooth, except when we asked for adjoining rooms, it created a bit of confusion b/c my room had a King bed while my family's had double beds. I stated numerous times that I'll take 2 doubles instead of a King but I think they were so eager to please and honor the original reservation that they made it harder on themselves. In the end, though-adjoining rooms on the 5th floor, no problem.

Room was very large and comfortable, beautiful flat screen LG TV, plenty of towels. Working microwave and fridge, very convenient. Room temperature controls worked fine in my room, but in my family's room, it was very hot and they could not change it. Turned out to be a hotel-wide problem that management took care of ASAP.

Breakfast in the mornings was plentiful and left out much longer than the stated time-very convenient. Muffins, pastries, cereals, bagels, english muffins, hot sausage links, scrambled eggs (altho they looked like powdered eggs, I would avoid) and a Belgian waffle maker. Fresh coffee (very good, very strong), juices and water are available.

Did not use the pool or the gym, but both looked very nice. Did take advantage of the Business Center in the lobby to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass. Very convenient, no problems at all.

The hotel was VERY empty while we were there. Every night, there were only about 6 cars in the lot and I'm sure most of those belonged to the staff. It is off the beaten path and in a commercial area surrounded by trees. This was my only concern. There was absolutely no security. You simply walk right into the hotel and pass by the front desk to go to the elevator or the stairs. Many times we came in and there was nobody at the front desk. Since I am claustrophobic, I was ecstatic that the hotel had open stairs available for me to use. However, I realized as I was walking them that there were no cameras in the stairs and just how easy it is to access the guest rooms. That is my only complaint and why I rate the hotel overall at very good, instead of excellent.

Got a great bargain at $89.00/night. Just hope it gets a little busier because otherwise, this big pretty hotel is in the middle of nowhere, for nothing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Stayed here while we took the children to Busch Gardens. The hotel staff was quite pleasant. The hotel is modern with separate toilet from the shower area. This was great for getting dressed in the morning. The free breakfast was great and included belgian waffles, which is my son's favorite breakfast.

There was pool in the back of the hotel and it was nice. The water was warm.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Location is a little off the beaten path, but only about 10 minutes from USF (or Busch Gardens.) Very modern and super clean brand new hotel. Breakfast was above average for free-in-the-lobby repast. Suite was very comfortable with 2 queen size beds and a flat screen TV that could be seen from both rooms. Bathroom had the toilet in one room with a tiny sink, shower next door with full sink and counter, both with pretty sliding wooden doors, and very practical for families. Desk was comfortable with lots of room and sleeper sofa was comfortable to sit on. I liked the privacy of the separation between the two sleeping areas. Two queen size beds in the room, which is a nice upgrade from the usual doubles or a king. Small frig and microwave as well. This was one of the best deals we've had in the Tampa area. We paid around $89 with the pay in advance online rate, (which we paid the day before we went.) Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!