“Nice hotel for stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Nice hotel for stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very good hotel for short stay, buffet breakfast excellent, very clean and an excellent treatment by staff, close to attractions, rooms very comfortable and clean, very quiet and no external noise, definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It seems to me that you had an excellent stay, and was perfect in every way. Thank you for commending our room cleanliness, and our breakfast buffett. These two things always go unnoticed by guests, and I will definitely show them your praise. We hope to see you soon when you come visit the parks! Thank you for your positive review once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were in the area to visit Busch Gardens (about a 10-15 minute drive away) and about a 30 minute drive from the airport. The hotel is off the beaten path but close to restaurants, shopping outlet and other shops. However, you will not find a souvenir shop or many souvenirs in the area.
It was a wonderful hotel - quiet, nice lobby and clean modern rooms (European feel). We felt very safe. The breakfast was good - had a variety (fruit, breads, eggs, meat, etc.). The staff was great and helpful especially Lauren (she remembered our names). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that you enjoyed the parks. Thank you for your candid comments, and praising our room style and hot breakfast. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property.I am so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast, which sometimes goes alittle unappreciated for how hard our lovely ladies work. I will defintely tell them that you enjoyed our assortment. Finally, thank you for your comments about our staff and myself. I truly believe that a staff is what makes a difference in a hotel, whether they are cheery and helpful or not. I am so glad that I was able to meet you during your vacation at Busch Gardens. We hope that next time you are in the area, please come see us again!
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our family just enjoyed staying at SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Tampa North/Tampa Palms during a weekend getaway to visit Busch Gardens & Adventure Island. This hotel was 10-15 minutes away from the parks. There were plenty of other hotels that were closer to the parks but the larger rooms at SpringHill encouraged us to book there. It didn't hurt that the hotel was away from the parks. Not nearly as crowded. Near many restaurants and a very big and pretty cool movie theater. Our room had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The entire property was very clean and well taken care of. Breakfast is included. Nothing super-fancy but it got the job done. Definitely a hotel worth staying at if you're in the area.

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that we were able to accomodate you at our property. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we definitely appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for your candid thoughts about our location, breakfast and our european style rooms. We pride ourselves on the seperate vanity and bath, which makes for easier accomodations when taking a shower/ doing hair or makeup.We hope you enjoyed the parks, and that you will be staying us again when you come for your mini- vacation to Busch Gardens.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overall this hotel was very good. We travled here to celebrate my little brothers 11th birthday and for a mini family getaway.They had a pretty good breakfast selection and the rooms were as great as the pictures. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms very clean

The only 2 issues we had were that on the first day upon arrival, the area close to the elevators in the lobby smelled like a wet dog. It still smelled upon return from the theme park but we didn't have any issues after that. The other issue is that when the toilet was flushed it ran very loudly for about a minute.

Again, overall really good hotel. Lauren at the front desk remember my mom by name and greeted her each time we saw her. Very friendly staff and beautiful hotel. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid comments about your hotel stay. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Overall, I am glad you enjoyed your vacation even though some instances were not perfect for you. I hope you will stay with us again for your birthdays or when you just want to get away and go to the parks! Thank you for your kind words about breakfast and our customer service. I wanted to make you and your family feel more at home all the time. We hope to see you soon! Thank you!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed in many Marriott properties but this one was by far the nicest especially for the price. It has a very European feel to the room and the lobby. Very modern. The staff should be highly commended as my room was perfect in every way. Extremely clean, no missing caulk, no chipped or flaking paint….the place looked brand new. I will definitely be staying here on future visits to the New Tampa area.

Room Tip: Above ground away from the lift and ice machines always works for me.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

What more can I say? Besides, a huge thank you for excellent review of our htoel. Thank you for taking the time to review, and for staying with us. I will definitely have to commend all of our staff from the housekeeping department, to the maintenance department becuse those are the ones that make our rooms look good and in perfect condition! We hope to see you soon whenever you visit Tampa again! Thank you for kind words!
Southampton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Planning a trip to visit family in Tampa, we picked this hotel based on pics and the rate we found online. What a great find. The hotel was modern, clean, and the room was really nice. Lauren at the front desk was so welcoming. From the moment we checked in, she was so friendly and was genuinely interested in making our stay wonderful. Every hotel could take a lesson from her about hospitality. She even suggested a great restaurant, which turned out to be amazing. We'll return to this hotel based on that experience.

Room Tip: Rooms not facimg the highway are a bit quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed the renovation of this fairly new Springhill Suites. Springhill Suites have only been in the Marriott family for about 10 years, and we are definitely the new, modern studio style suites. Thank you for your review about myself. I definitely think the check in process is the most important experience for a guest, and I just wanted to make you feel more like home! It was such a pleasure meeting you, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your restaurant. I hope to see you soon whenever you are visiting family, or just looking for alitte getaway!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent condition building and surrounding area. Clean, well-lit, spacious parking. There's an exercise room and pool. Internet is a bit slow on the computers in the business area, but luckily I have a Google Nexus 5 phone. Room wi-fi is good, I can surf the web like I do at home. This hotel is more inland than the actual Tampa so coastal locations are a lengthy drive. It is also located within a business park, so I guess business travelers was Marriott's target market here. Not terribly far from Tampa Intl Airport. Rooms are great, breakfast is standard hotel fare, no waffle maker though. Breakfast area is a bit crowded in the morning. I wish there was more seating, but it is not a huge concern.
I will definitely be back, but for the staff alone. The staff here are great! Courteous, friendly. I couldn't ask for more. A standout is the front desk worker named Lauren. Very kind. She really takes her time to know the guests when she is talking with them. Her voice is a bit loud but I'm sure it helps with the elderly guests and those hard of hearing. When she is on the phone she is straightforward and doesn't show any signs of frustration or stress. She and the other staff are assets to this hotel...hope to see them again next time I am in Tampa...
This hotel is operated by a franchisor I believe. A sign near the front door notes this. Marriott did a good call choosing them to run this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you were able to stay at our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed review. Thank you for noting the room cleanliness, and our maintenance department. Housekeeping and maintenance do so much but don't get recognized very often. I will definitely pass your kind words to them. Also, breakfast can be a bit crowded and we try to urge people to come down the earlier than the better. Although, waffles are only served on the weekend at our hotel, and during the week we do a bit more formal breakfast with eggs and a meat of some kind. Hopefully, we will be able to see you on the weekend for you can enjoy our yummy waffles and our biscuits n'gravy. Lastly, thank you for taking the time to mention myself. I greatly appreciate your kind words, and makes my job alittle easier when I know somebody else does too. All the staff here at the Springhill Suites strive for the best customer service experience that we can offer to any of our guests. Whether that being a friendly hello, or a local restaurant or just some friendly conversation. We hope to see you soon, and we thank you for all your kind words as well.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!