Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tampa visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed in many Marriott properties but this one was by far the nicest especially for the price. It has a very European feel to the room and the lobby. Very modern. The staff should be highly commended as my room was perfect in every way. Extremely clean, no missing caulk, no chipped or flaking paint….the place looked brand new. I will definitely be staying here on future visits to the New Tampa area.

Room Tip: Above ground away from the lift and ice machines always works for me.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

What more can I say? Besides, a huge thank you for excellent review of our htoel. Thank you for taking the time to review, and for staying with us. I will definitely have to commend all of our staff from the housekeeping department, to the maintenance department becuse those are the ones that make our rooms look good and in perfect condition! We hope to see you soon whenever you visit Tampa again! Thank you for kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Southampton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Planning a trip to visit family in Tampa, we picked this hotel based on pics and the rate we found online. What a great find. The hotel was modern, clean, and the room was really nice. Lauren at the front desk was so welcoming. From the moment we checked in, she was so friendly and was genuinely interested in making our stay wonderful. Every hotel could take a lesson from her about hospitality. She even suggested a great restaurant, which turned out to be amazing. We'll return to this hotel based on that experience.

Room Tip: Rooms not facimg the highway are a bit quieter
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed the renovation of this fairly new Springhill Suites. Springhill Suites have only been in the Marriott family for about 10 years, and we are definitely the new, modern studio style suites. Thank you for your review about myself. I definitely think the check in process is the most important experience for a guest, and I just wanted to make you feel more like home! It was such a pleasure meeting you, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your restaurant. I hope to see you soon whenever you are visiting family, or just looking for alitte getaway!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent condition building and surrounding area. Clean, well-lit, spacious parking. There's an exercise room and pool. Internet is a bit slow on the computers in the business area, but luckily I have a Google Nexus 5 phone. Room wi-fi is good, I can surf the web like I do at home. This hotel is more inland than the actual Tampa so coastal locations are a lengthy drive. It is also located within a business park, so I guess business travelers was Marriott's target market here. Not terribly far from Tampa Intl Airport. Rooms are great, breakfast is standard hotel fare, no waffle maker though. Breakfast area is a bit crowded in the morning. I wish there was more seating, but it is not a huge concern.
I will definitely be back, but for the staff alone. The staff here are great! Courteous, friendly. I couldn't ask for more. A standout is the front desk worker named Lauren. Very kind. She really takes her time to know the guests when she is talking with them. Her voice is a bit loud but I'm sure it helps with the elderly guests and those hard of hearing. When she is on the phone she is straightforward and doesn't show any signs of frustration or stress. She and the other staff are assets to this hotel...hope to see them again next time I am in Tampa...
This hotel is operated by a franchisor I believe. A sign near the front door notes this. Marriott did a good call choosing them to run this place.

Dear Guest,

I'm glad you were able to stay at our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed review. Thank you for noting the room cleanliness, and our maintenance department. Housekeeping and maintenance do so much but don't get recognized very often. I will definitely pass your kind words to them. Also, breakfast can be a bit crowded and we try to urge people to come down the earlier than the better. Although, waffles are only served on the weekend at our hotel, and during the week we do a bit more formal breakfast with eggs and a meat of some kind. Hopefully, we will be able to see you on the weekend for you can enjoy our yummy waffles and our biscuits n'gravy. Lastly, thank you for taking the time to mention myself. I greatly appreciate your kind words, and makes my job alittle easier when I know somebody else does too. All the staff here at the Springhill Suites strive for the best customer service experience that we can offer to any of our guests. Whether that being a friendly hello, or a local restaurant or just some friendly conversation. We hope to see you soon, and we thank you for all your kind words as well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel, one that actually honors their reservation special need requests. My daughter is in a wheelchair. We have been coming to Tampa USF for several years to participate in clinical trials. Many times, even when booking months in advance, we get to our hotel and hear excuse after excuse about why the handicap accessible room we have reserved is not available. We noticed when we booked with Springhill that it said the accessibility was guaranteed. Sure enough when we checked in the man at the desk said, your room has a roll-in shower as requested. We were very impressed and will be staying on our future visits. It was clean, comfortable and close to everything we needed. Thank you Springhill for providing a safe environment for our stay. Those without disabilities do not realize the hardship that a room without safety bars and easy access creates.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

You are so welcome! We are so glad that we were able to accomodate you and your family at our hotel. Thank you for recognizing our excellent staff in booking your accessible room. I do apologize that I was not able to meet you during your stay, but I see you were treated with the royal treatment! Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites, and hopefully we will see you sooner than later!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stay at this location for five nights and all the staff in front desk, housekeeping, every one in general did a great job but in special two were above and I forgot their names but the Asian girl she's great and the general manager amd I think sales or event manager they did a great job and my self that I work over 30 years on hospitality what this people did it is what is all about in hospitality keep the great job and thanks again from all of us we had about 5 to 8 rooms and they were happy. The only suggestion is to have mora trash can in the suite bathroom did not have. The job on the happy hour Tuesday and Wednesday the Asian girl and the sales lady went out of the way to please all the guest and keep the place clean and replemish. I will be back

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. We are definitely appreciative all your positiv feedback regarding our customer service, and our manager's reception. I'm glad you and your family were able to enjoy that on both nights that you were with us. Barbara, Lisa, and I strive our very best to make every guest's experience to be perfect. We hope to see you soon, and thank you for kind words.
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff was warm and welcoming–especially Lauren–the rooms were clean, and the wifi signal was strong enough to accommodate four devices at once. Breakfast was not great, but the quality of our stay overruled that!! Recommend highly!!

Stayed June 2014
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that your stay was fantastic. I do apologize that our breakfast did not exceed your expectations, but our customer service, wifi, and room cleanliness did. Thank you for pointing out myself, I appreciate it tremendously. I only want your satisfaction to be perfect. Hopefully, if you ever visit the area again, you will stay with us! I look forward to it! Thank you again for your kind words, and I greatly apologize that breakfast was not great for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Exceeded our expectation. Very clean. Appreciated extra amenities and attention to detail usually not found in hotels at this price, especially in a major city and vacation destination. We recommend this hotel. Would have appreciated fresher coffee (including decaf) in the evening hours.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We definitely appreciate all your feedback, which was very positive for the most part. I do apologize that your whole stay could not be perfect by having a fresh pot of coffee for you when you came back to your suite. Please let us know next time, and our front desk staff would always be more than willing to brew you a cup. I'm glad you did appreciate all your extra amenities you did have, and hopefully we will see you again when you visit Tampa! Thank you for your kind words.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!