You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
North Miami, Florida, United States
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I needed a quick getaway from Miami, so I decided to go visit my brother and few friends in Tampa. High prices around spring break season, led me to look at "2 star" hotels on various travel sites. How Springhill Suites can be in the same category as some of the other 2 star hotels in the area is crazy to me. My experience staying there exceeded my expectations.

The location: SHS is tucked away in Tampa Palms, and even though reviews on Trip Advisor complained about it being close to the highway, I didn't have any noise issues. You really don't feel like you're near the highway. It's secluded, but less than a 5 minute drive from restaurants, a CVS, shopping plazas, etc.

The hotel: There is plenty of parking out front. The hotel has a modern feel inside, plenty of seating for their complimentary breakfast, an business center off the lobby, and a pool. All of the employees are friendly, and they even remembered my name when I saw them on my second day there. As far as housekeeping, there's a little card on the desk when you check in that says you should ask them if you need anything during your stay. I think because it's "suite" style, they may not do the rounds as often as some other hotels, and they're like a hotel/extended stay hybrid maybe? Whatever the case is, I asked them the morning of day 2 if they could replace the towels, and they ended up cleaning the whole room (replaced cups, new towels, made the bed, etc.). Just ask! That's something you just don't get at a "2 star" hotel. I haven't even experienced that at some hotels that are rated much higher.

The room: My hotel room was huge. Most small, dumpy hotels in the area were charging $90-140 a night for this particular weekend, and this huge room at SHS was $126. I felt like I got such a bargain. My room had a couch, desk, and chair that was sort of separated from the bedroom area by partition above the desk. There was also a small area with a counter space for the coffee maker and ice bucket, with a mini fridge below and microwave above. Passing the partition, there was a hug king size bed, large flatscreen tv, a modern armoirer, and a slatted bench next to the window (presumably a modern luggage rack). There was also a divided bathroom. There was a toilet and sink behind a sliding door with frosted glass, and then the main part of the bathroom with the sink, large mirror, and shower behind the same kind of sliding door. Some of the rooms also have bathtubs, but they were all occupied by the time I checked in. My only wish was that there was a dresser (the tv stand only had one drawer) or a larger armoirer. It was just me, but I can imagine that families would need to get ready out of their suitcase because there isn't much space to hang clothes or put things in drawers.

Overall: Way better value than many hotels in this area,and definitely deserves more than 2 stars on these hotel site search engines.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our property. We appreciate the breakdown from the guest rooms to the service we provide. It is our goal to make everyone feel as comfortable as you. We hope the next time you come, to visit your brother, you will choose to stay with us. It would be a pleaseure to see you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and remembered us by name during our 3 day stay. The hotel was booked on our first night and the staff did an excellent job of keeping up with the continental breakfast, replenishing items quickly and thoroughly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your words of kindness. Its is our goal to make sure we know everyone by name. Evey person that comes through our doors is special and deserve recognition. We do appreciate that you commented on our breakfast. During busy times it is sometimes difficult to stay full. Our staff does a wonderful job with this task. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Succasunna, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

What made our one night stay at this budget hotel memorable was the front desk welcome we received upon arrival. Lauren was the night front desk person and she went out of her way to make us welcome and laugh.

She was on duty the next morning again and she roamed the lobby and breakfast room continually to make sure everyone had a good night sleep and had what they liked for breakfast. She knew a lot of names and was just a great cheer in the morning.

The hotel itself provided a very clean comfortable room and the decor is up to date. This is a relatively new property and had an outside pool and a small gym.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Lauren is truly a gem! We will pass your kind words along to her. We truly believe that the staff at any hotel is what makes the hotel great. Thank you so much for your compliments towards Lauren and our hotel in general. We look forward to your return in the future.
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My house needed a quick fix so we decided to stay here for a few days. Great service: One person whom i forgot her name helped out when the printer at the business desk wouldn't work. Rooms: It was tricky working the a/c but it was comfortable. The bed was great and of course the bathroom had a lot of room. Of course the sliding doors was tricky. Food: The food is why the hotel didnt get the perfect 5. Manager reception was great especially the free beer. The egg rolls were not the greatest. For breakfast, I liked the variety i got to eat. Usually when i stay at a marriott, i expect waffles. I don't know why but that is what i expect. There were no waffles. Besides that, great breakfast. Also it is a lot quieter because it feels more like a business hotel. I highly recommend anybody staying there

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We feel very privileged to be chosen as your hotel of choice while your house was under repair. We are so delighted that you were pleased with the staff and your room. Unfortunately, waffles are only served on Saturday and Sundays but we are glad that you did take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast. While it isn't waffles, we do try to give you the best possible choices that we can offer. Hopefully your home is in good repair now, but please know that you are always welcome here as our guest!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stay in this hotel when we come to Tampa. We don't want to stay anywhere else. From Barbara, the manager and the staff in the breakfast room, who smile and say hello every morning, we love it here!
My husband loves the desk area in the room. He can spread out his work and conduct business in the morning, then visit the family the rest of the day. We come back to the hotel, exhausted and get refreshed with a good night's sleep. It is always clean and ready for a new day.
It is in Tampa Palms development, but right off the interstate. There have a CVS, stores and restaurants close by,
For all these reasons and more, we keep coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and property. We always want to leave a good impression on every person who stays at our hotel. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to the deserving department. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and once again, Welcome Home!
Chardon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Everything in this hotel is sparkling clean and attractive. The rooms are lovely--I especially liked the separate toilet and shower areas. What a great idea. The designers have made the most of the space. The hotel offers an excellent complimentary daily breakfast with extras you don't ordinarily see. And, what stood out even more were the front desk and breakfast staff, who were the friendliest I've ever encountered and quickly responsive to every request. The only advice I would give would be to have a larger refrigerator and a mini-sink near the food area for longer-term guests like me. And a Weekend newspaper, even if we need to pay for it.

I heartily recommend this hotel. And if other Springhill Suites hotels are like this, I'll be a frequent guest.

Room Tip: On the side that is away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel! Our team is so pleased that you enjoyed our location, service, and amenities! We all work very hard to ensure that each guest has a wonderful time with us, and we are so glad to hear we succeeded during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is the nicest staff you will meet at any hotel. The showers are great (no tub). You may need to wait for hot water. The beds are comfortable. I haven't noticed much noise, and I stayed here the weeks.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brian,

It was a joy to get to know you while you stayed in our hotel. We are so pleased that the staff, including myself, exceeded your expectations. We look forwward to welcoming you the next time you are in Tampa. We will make sure that we have a gluten free, low fat dinner waiting for you upon your return. :)

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!