“They saved my trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“They saved my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My last stay at Springhill Marriott in Tampa began with an uneventful ride down from Jacksonville, Fl. My check-in was quick and easy. When I needed a shower instead of tub I was immediately accomodated and then it started. I lost my keys after checking in and would not have been able to attend the convention that was the reason for my trip. They personally helped me not only retrace my steps, but personally accompanied me, even when I wanted to "go back to places we had already looked"! when keys were found they immediately called me to see if they wre mine and THEY WERE! They were very polite about the entire situation and never made me feel that I was a being burdensome. In the age of GPs, and I have this app on my phone, but was so flustered after losing my keys, when I asked for directions to my convention site they printed out a copy for me. we had a great stay!

Room Tip: rooms on the third floor have 2 large bathrooms. They may exist on higher floors also, but I have no...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Yamini T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Sylvia G,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write about your customer service experience during your stay at the SPRINGHILL SUITES TAMPA NORTH. We were delighted by your comments and the return of your "missing keys." We look forward to your return to our property and will be welcomed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We liked the separate couch/ desk area and the refrigerator. Our only complaint was a noisy neighbor in the room next door. The desk clerk offered us a free future stay, but when we explained that we would not be back in Tampa, she credited our current night's stay. This was way more than we expected given that our complaint wasn't about the hotel, but about a customer. Would definitely stay here again with customer service like that.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandy and family,

Thank for taking the opportunity to express your pleasure with our customer service resolution. Our mission is to create a perfect guest service experience. While that is effected by exterior forces at times, we still would like the opportunity to address those issues on our guest's behalf. When that cannot or does not happen successfully, we would like our guest to feel that they have been treated with respect and fairness.

Thank you again for your comments.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The second trip to this hotel was as good, or better, than the first., Overall, the hotel is spotlessly clean and well run. The staff is personable and helpful at all times. On this trip, we took our rather large dog and he was warmly welcomed (to be fair, his hotel manners are impeccable). Each small request that I had was always met with prompt and courteous attention. The breakfast is fresh and appealing. A delightful service person circulated during breakfast hours and cheerfully inquired as to peoples needs and promptly refilled items. It is a little off the beaten path, a good drive to downtown, but well worth it as the environment is peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service! Enjoyed our stay. Clean, friendly & convenient . Staff super friendly and helpful. Would stay there again!! Customer service was excellent and breakfast was delicious. Staff was more than accommodating

• Stayed July 2013
Long Island New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a first for me. I'm writing this review while in the hotel room as to not forget one detail. We are on a college road trip and have been in 5 different hotels in the past 6 days. I don't have very high expectations for these types of hotels as you will see from my previous reviews, I don't stay in these types of hotels long term. However, I don't expect the room to smell like body odor! We first got a room on the 5th floor by the elevator and when we opened the door we got slapped in the face with the smell. We quickly ran to the lobby to ask for a switch and we were accommodated without a problem. It was almost as if he heard the complaint many times before. We were given a room on the 3rd floor and opened the door and although the smell wasn't as horrific, it is still really bad. We went online to try to get another hotel in the area, but didn't have success and were very travel weary at this point. We went to a nearby CVS and purchased a spray deordorizer and sprayed the entire room. I don't believe the smell exists from the room being dirty because it is not. I honestly believe it comes from something in the material they used to build the room. It seems to be strongest by the wood between the beds and on the headboard. The design of the rooms are modern but not efficient as the bathroom and shower doors are opaque glass and not solid doors so if someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night, it could wake everyone. The thermostat in our room was mediocre at best and the shower/vanity area is very dimly lit which make it very difficult to put on your makeup. Overall, I would very strongly recommend you bypass this one. My husband is an elite member of Marriott and we usually choose them first. This smell is unbearable. In fact, I'm signing off because it's time to spray again....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear HolaTeacher,

Thank you for your posting your review of your experience during your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apology for the your experience. While the comments related to the smell in the hotel is not one I have heard before; I have spoken with several guests regarding your stylish "opaque" doors and suite lighting. I am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to meet during your stay. I would have liked the opportunity to make an attempt to resolve this issues before they made for an uncomfortable night for you and your family.

At your service,

Barbara Scott
SPRINGHILL SUITES TAMPA NORTH
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here recently for two nights on an Orlando/Tampa theme park vacation. Property is clean and has the new/fresh decor being adopted by many of the Marriott brands. Suite with two queens had plenty of room for a family of four (with two teen daughters at that). It was about a 15-20 minute easy drive to Busch Gardens. Hotel is in a nice area albeit somewhat confusing to find if your GPS has not been recently updated (had to switch to Waze navigation on the iPhone to find it). Expanded breakfast selection (more than just cereal and yogurt) and plenty of restaurants within a mile or so of the property.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stay at this hotel with other family members for a family reunion. Hotel was very clean. The staff was so friendly. The hot breakfast was really good also! Overall the hotel is a good place to stay :-)

• Stayed July 2013

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!