“SpringHill Tampa Palms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
Ranked #23 of 159 hotels in Tampa
PCB, FL
“SpringHill Tampa Palms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

LOVE that this hotel is in a wooded area just off I75. LOVE the modern beachy look of the lobby and rooms. LOVE the updated bathrooms with separate "potty closet". We have a student at USF and always choose this hotel!

Room Tip: Great for Busch Gardens convenience, close to MANY restaurants
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Thame, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and father on the way back from Sun and Fun 2013. Good overall experience, comfortable bed (though my dad who was in the pull out was not so comfortable) Room was clean, bathroom was clean and shower was powerful with plenty of hot water for everyone. Fridge and coffee machine Provided (Plastic cups :-( again)
Breakfast was more than adequate (though I really wish there were china rather than plastic cups for the coffee) All in all a good deal for the money. Can't comment on the pool or Gym as I didn't use them. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I think that this SpringHill Suites is amazing. The location isn't the best if you're a long distance runner, but the actually hotel property and staff are great. I ended up moving to this location a year ago when I was having trouble with another Marriott location in the area and I WISH that I had stayed the whole month here instead of the 2 weeks. There are a few good restaurants in the area and most everything else is within a 15 minute driving distance. The staff was very nice when I checked in and throughout my stay and willing to help me with whatever I needed (including dealing with a crazy ex). If I am ever in Tampa for an extended amount of time again, I will definitely be staying at this location again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Lauren,
First of all let me say thank you for choosing the Marriott SpringHill Suites-Tampa North for your hotel of choice. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest again. Thank you for your compliments regarding our team and our property. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again!
Warm Regards,
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I were in Tampa for a week to do a variety of activities. We decided on Springhill Suites after reading reviews. We stayed in a King/Sofabed room and loved it. We had plenty of room to spread out and with the separate sitting area, we had a place to relax without having to sit on the bed. I loved that the shower area was in a different room than the toilet. The daily breakfast was consistent and gave us what we needed for breakfast each day. The area was very nice and very close to Busch Gardens, although we only went there one day. Most everything else we did was downtown and we were in Orlando one day, but with the proximity to the interstate system, it was still easy to get around. I would certainly stay here again the next time I am in Tampa. We liked it well enough that I found a SpringHill Suites to stay in for one night in Atlanta on our way back home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pam,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear the you liked our property Marriott SpringHill Suites-Tampa North well enough to make you decide to choose it again on your way back to home. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the Tampa area!
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I walked into a very fashion forward lobby. It isn't big, but it was very impressive... almost ready to be a runway for a model! The rooms were very nice; they had somewhat of an Oriental flair in the set up. The space was comfortable and clean. It made me feel like I was staying in a 4 STAR Hotel. There were plenty of eating places - everything from fast food to nice chain restaurants. Definitely will be giving this hotel my business again. ALSO, had to check in early, I didn't receive 1 minute of hassel or wait... Nice experience all the way around!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello,
Thank you very much for the great comment about our lobby, staff and overall property. The best feedback a hotel could receive is when a guest says "will be coming back again" We loved having you stay with us!
Warm Regards,
Indiana, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice location, close to the Interstate and in a nice wooded area. The room was clean, the reception area was clean, the property is fairly new, so the stay for NOW, Feb 2013 was O/K, BUT overall the property doesn't appear to have the proper maintanance necessary to keep it looking good and clean for much longer. Althought it is just a couple of years old I would have guessed it to be several years older.
On the outside it doesn't appear the windows have ever been cleaned, The landscaping mulch was eroded away to bare dirt with the sprinkler system piping showing in most areas. Inside the room, althought it was clean, the wall was stained from what appeared to be a coffee or cola spill which had not been properly cleaned or repaired if not cleanable. The hallway carpet needed cleaning. Ice machine not working. My general take inside and out was that management needs to open their eyes and look closely at their property, before it gets worst. Sorry to say but if we go to Florida next year we will probably fine a different hotel in the Marriott chain. Just can't recommend this one.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Every comment we receive allows us to keep getting better and better for each and every guest. We are looking into the issues you experienced during your stay. Please, if you are ever in the Tampa area again ask to speak to me and I will make sure your stay with us is outstanding!
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have written many reviews and I don't like writing bad ones. I do understand not all hotels are perfect and sometimes things just go wrong, but the problems at this property I believe are all mangement ones.
We stayed there five days last week of February, 2013. The worst problem was that we didn't have hot water for showers the whole time we were there and I'm sorry but that's a priority for me, I put my 3 year old grandson in the shower and he cried out " it's cold gramma". After our visit I spoke to others that stayed at this property and they had the same problem especially when the hotel is booked, the only time we had hot water was in the afternoon. That tells me it is an ongoing problem that management doesn't do anything about.
The other problem we had was we called the front desk around 9:45 that we had a problem with the toilet and need someone to come up with a plunger, we were told they didn't know where it was and we would have to wait for the next shift for someone else to come up. We waited till 11:00p.m. and called agian, well by then there was a shift change and the only person on duty in the whole entire hotel didn't know anything about our call and said she could not leave the front desk and that she didn't know where the plungers were. So I had to go down in my pajamas to the front desk and ask her for the plunger. I did feel bad for this person as it was totally dumped on her. Anyway, she left an already made sigh that apparently they use when they DO leave the desk stating that they will be right back. So I followed her to our floor she went directly to a closet and pulled the plunger out and gave it to me after she stated she didn't know where they were kept. This is another management problem having only 1 person avaiable for a fully booked hotel.
Those are the 2 main problems we had, the following problems are ones I normally wouldn't bother writing about if the 2 main ones didn't exist.

The drinks in the refrigerator at the mini market in the lobby were expired. The mini market was pretty empty and not till our last day did they replenished it.

They didn't have enough help during the breakfast time in the lobby, they had 3 bus load of kids for some kind of competition and only 1 lady trying to keep up with the breakfast. Breakfast items and coffee constantly out and having to wait to even ask about more forks. There was another lady in a suit that would come around every once in awhile and try to help but mostly just chatting with the guest apologizing for running out of the items. I work in service and know that this is management not having enough help for the amount of guest that are booked.
The ice machine was not working on our floor and had to go to two other floors before we could find a working ice machine and this apparently had been out awhile and remained broken through out our visit.
Basically, we will not return to this hotel. We travel a great deal and know that there is other options. The Holiday INN express down the street is rated the #1 in this area and those reviews are great, we only stayed at the Spring Hill for the reward points but hot water is more important than points.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Yamini T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review regarding your stay at our property. Please accept my personal apology for your experience. The issues with water pressure, landscaping, and busy breakfasts (during the weekend) have all be resolved. We would like the opportunity to regain your confidence. Please contact me should the opportunity to return to Tampa arise.