This is a good alternative if you want to be on the north/northeast side of Tampa. We were going to Busch Gardens, so it was perfect. It's right next to I-75, which is great for convenience, but, as I found out the hard way, is really noisy throughout the entire night due to the volume of trucking. The noise was bad enough that I had a really hard time sleeping the first night. After the first night, I asked to be switched to a room on the farthest end of the hotel facing away from the highway. Even though the hotel was heavily booked, Laurel was great at finding me a room that worked and the rest of my stay was much more pleasant. The rooms are decent size and the bed is fairly comfortable. The bathrooms have opaque glass doors, which look pretty stylish, but are not the greatest for function because if someone goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night or showers really early the light shines through the glass and makes it hard to sleep. Also, the doors are noisy and heavy and make a loud bang when closed which can also wake up the other room occupant. None of this stuff should be deal breakers, but is just small things that I noticed during my four nights there. The breakfast is good except that the oatmeal is placed in a place that makes it really difficult and almost dangerous to get to because one has to reach up and over a glass canopy to maneuver the ladel while simultaneously holding a bowl under the canopy. Hopefully, someone from the hotel will read this and move it so it is more easily accessible. Anyway, overall a good place to stay if you need to be near USF or any of the area hospitals or is you are going to Busch Gardens. If you are a light sleeper and need a really quiet room, make sure to request a room on the back side of the hotel away from I-75.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms Hotel Tampa
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the NEW Springhill Suites Tampa North! Spacious suites, hot breakfast, upgraded amenities and an inspiring design will ensure each stay with us is revitalizing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.