“Checked in after 3 PM - no rooms available” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5396 Primrose Lake Circle, Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Checked in after 3 PM - no rooms available”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Arrived at the front desk around 3:15 after spending the afternoon helping our daughter move dorm rooms. We are in need of a quick shower in order to be on time for a dinner at 5:30.
The receptionist tells us that they will not have a room for us for at least one hour! My Marriott Gold Elite status would not affect that time at all...
I went online, booked the Courtyard, cancelled that reservation, and walked out.
This property is in need of better management!
We will never go back...

• Stayed October 2012
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed check in. We usually adhere to our check- in time of 3pm. Your concerns were addressed and shared with our management and staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to have you as our guest again and allow us to provide you with exceptional and timely service that you deserve.
Thank you once again, your feedback will help to make us better in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Traveled to Tampa for work. The hotel was very clean with a modern colors and design. The rooms were spacious and quiet. I liked having a separate sitting area in the evenings to read and watch TV. The complimentary breakfast was good offering hot and cold options. Only downside was the traffic getting to the main road taking me to the office a few miles away. I would sit in traffic at least 15 mins each morning. Next time I would probably stay closer to my office.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the Springhill Suites on a weekend trip to Tampa for two nights (Friday/Satuday), and had zero complaints. When we first walked into the lobby, I was definitely surprised at how "chic" and modern the decor was. Props to Marriott for spiffing up their hotels! It felt almost like a boutique hotel. Very easy on the eyes, and was very clean as well.

Our room was super comfortable, and I just have one tip to give to those who are staying here for the first time- even though the window AC unit looks like you would manually turn it up or down (or on/off), don't be fooled like we were. The room has a wall thermostat by the door. We felt like total idiots after realizing this. Hey, we may be the only "slow" people who missed the very obvious-looking thermostat on the wall- but the fact that the window unit had it's own controls was very confusing! Once we found the thermostat, we were good to go. The bed was perfectly comfy and clean, and all the room decor was just as sleek and modern as the lobby. The shower was clean, and water temperature and pressure good. The room layout was a little odd- had a separate "bathroom" with a toilet and a mini sink in addition to the "big" sink with vanity and the shower. But, that's really just a side note- not a complaint!

Otherwise, we didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast because we met with friends each morning. But we passed it on the way out the door, and I can definitely say it looked and smelled really good. We took a peek at the pool, which is at the back of the property, but didn't actually use it (didn't bring our suits). Nothing really to write home about- but it looked clean (no leaves, dirt, etc.) and well-maintained. My only other observation about the hotel was that there wasn't always someone at the front desk. When I went down to grab some extra towels, I had to wait for maybe 5 minutes for someone to appear. It didn't bother me, as I was not in a hurry- but some might be! When the staff did appear, they were very polite, friendly, and accommodating.

Overall, we had a great experience and no problems at all. The property was easy to get to from the highway (75), checking in and checking out was very easy, and the room & lobby definitely met our expectations. Especially for the price! A great bargain, considering the obvious remodeling that's been done to the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a short but pleasant get-away for my husband and I for a few days. From the moment we entered the hotel until we left, the entire staff greeted us with a smile and appeared to love their job. Our room on the 4th floor was extraordinarily well layed out with sliding glass door separaters for privacy to do paperwork and a comfy leather swivel chair in the lounge area. We were very surprised that our Queen beds were more comfortable than our own at home. I learned that the architect of this wonderful hotel was a female professional who based the design of Springhill Suites on her own travel experiences with an understanding of what was needed to make guests feel comfortable and want to return. The complimentary breakfast was good, but we wished the cook had offered the choice of bacon with the scrambled eggs instead of sausage every day. Coffee was exceptional and the waffles addictive. I used the machines in the Gym every day which eased the guilt over indulging at the waffle station every morning. We will definately come back for another get-away next year. Hopefully, bacon will be included as one of the choices with our eggs for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Staff was wonderful very friendly, and helpful! Everyone was super nice and courteous! This Springhill Suites is very modern and sophisticated. The lobby and breakfast area is very colorful and bright. The new color scheme is warm and inviting as soon as you walk into the lobby. The rooms have sliding doors to hide the bathroom area which is separated into 2 rooms: walkin shower, and sink, the other room has the toilet and another sink. The sliding glass/wooden door's adds to the modern layout of the room. This layout is very good if traveling with multiple people.
The breakfast was very good with a wide range of hot and cold items: eggs, ham, old fashioned oatmeal (very good), waffle station, cereal, yogurt, bagels, and pastries. Coffee was available 24/7 which is nice if you do not want to brew coffee in your room.
Not very far from restaurant's and shopping area. The GOP booked the entire Springhill suites I usually stay at for my monthly business trip to Tampa. I love the other location as well but the updated modern design has convinced me to come back in September to this location.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The room was a clean big room with space to spread out and work. The internet service was slow which can really get in the way of getting your work done when you are getting ready for training or a presentation. It was a close drive to get to restaurants. The staff was helpful and pleasant.

Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Property looks great from the outside and the rooms aren't too bad. Typical tropical insects in the room. But the MAIN thing that I was not happy about is how ______ slow the Internet is. The hotel during my stay was not nearly full. Wired or wireless? Forget it. You better bring a stamp and an envelope if you want to send someone a message. It will get there faster than email from this place.

Room Tip: IF you decide to stay here, ask to be on the west side away from I-75.