We stayed at the Springhill Suites on a weekend trip to Tampa for two nights (Friday/Satuday), and had zero complaints. When we first walked into the lobby, I was definitely surprised at how "chic" and modern the decor was. Props to Marriott for spiffing up their hotels! It felt almost like a boutique hotel. Very easy on the eyes, and was very clean as well.
Our room was super comfortable, and I just have one tip to give to those who are staying here for the first time- even though the window AC unit looks like you would manually turn it up or down (or on/off), don't be fooled like we were. The room has a wall thermostat by the door. We felt like total idiots after realizing this. Hey, we may be the only "slow" people who missed the very obvious-looking thermostat on the wall- but the fact that the window unit had it's own controls was very confusing! Once we found the thermostat, we were good to go. The bed was perfectly comfy and clean, and all the room decor was just as sleek and modern as the lobby. The shower was clean, and water temperature and pressure good. The room layout was a little odd- had a separate "bathroom" with a toilet and a mini sink in addition to the "big" sink with vanity and the shower. But, that's really just a side note- not a complaint!
Otherwise, we didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast because we met with friends each morning. But we passed it on the way out the door, and I can definitely say it looked and smelled really good. We took a peek at the pool, which is at the back of the property, but didn't actually use it (didn't bring our suits). Nothing really to write home about- but it looked clean (no leaves, dirt, etc.) and well-maintained. My only other observation about the hotel was that there wasn't always someone at the front desk. When I went down to grab some extra towels, I had to wait for maybe 5 minutes for someone to appear. It didn't bother me, as I was not in a hurry- but some might be! When the staff did appear, they were very polite, friendly, and accommodating.
Overall, we had a great experience and no problems at all. The property was easy to get to from the highway (75), checking in and checking out was very easy, and the room & lobby definitely met our expectations. Especially for the price! A great bargain, considering the obvious remodeling that's been done to the property.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms Hotel Tampa
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the NEW Springhill Suites Tampa North! Spacious suites, hot breakfast, upgraded amenities and an inspiring design will ensure each stay with us is revitalizing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.