“Detailed Review of a Great Property, Minor Issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5396 Primrose Lake Circle, Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Detailed Review of a Great Property, Minor Issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Check in was fine we were later than I expected due to other appointments but we arrived about 4AM to a not so friendly face but oh well who is friendly at 4AM, cards were already for us and up we went to the 4th floor. Nice modern décor in the lobby, identified the breakfast area and off we went to the elevator that had a really peculiar smell (my nose is sensitive so I didn’t think much of it the first night). The room was huge, fresh and clean 2 queen beds with wonderful mattresses and tons of pillows. Shower area separate from toilet and two sinks were a plus. No complaints about the room, housekeeping came everyday and I used the do not disturb every morning with no issues.

Breakfast was continental with the additional of scrambles eggs and sausage gravy, no meat but oh well we ate there 1 out of 3 mornings, nothing special but hey it’s included. We did not use the pool so I can’t comment on that. Construction is still ongoing so plan accordingly also directions from MapQuest were a little misleading once you exit 75.

Overall love the property as I’m a Marriott kind of lady! However that elevator smell got worse by the day, I finally asked the front desk no ventilation in the elevator the smell is the carpet which they are replacing soon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a very new SpringHill Suite and it showed. The room and the building were in excellent condition. We were very pleased with the size and comfort of the room.

The decor of the hotel is very contemporary and may not be to everyone's taste. However, we enjoyed the room and it was laid out in a very thoughful manner. All five of us (including a baby) fit in the room very well.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. When we were checking out, it was pouring rain outside. The lady at the front desk offered me an umbrella so that I could be dry as I pulled my car around to the overhang.

We loved the property and would go back in a heartbeat if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We really loved staying at this hotel. It's clearly a new property, was sparkling clean and all of the areas - common area, gym, rooms - were very spacious.

This is a newer Springhill, and the decor is very modern and bright. Our room, which was with two double beds, was enormous. I really liked that there was a vanity area in the main room itself, where I could store some of my personal items (jewelry, hair stuff) outside of the bathroom area. The breakfast area was nice and big, and offered an outdoor spot if you want to enjoy your complimentary eats in the fresh air.

We were a little disappointed to learn there was only a pool and no hot tub, and the pool wasn't heated - too cold to go into in February. Burr!

The only thing that somewhat ruined our stay - our AC would go through these spasms in the middle of the night that sounded like someone was walking on empty plastic water bottles - LOUDLY, and kept waking us up. We let the staff at the front desk know before we left, but they didn't seem to view it as a big deal.

Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room. It was really spacious, cool sliding barn doors, a nice desk/work area and sitting area. We had people over and did not feel at all like we were all sitting in our bedroom. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: One end of the hotel is pretty close to I-75, we asked for the other end but I imagine you can hear...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This Springhill Suites is located so that you can do almost anything. It is minutes from the Tampa airport and within easy access to most of the tourist locations in the Tampa Bay area because it is just off the ramp to I-275. In addition, it is a very nice hotel with a good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel. My wife and I attended an assembly in plant city and this hotel is now our favorite. In the summer when we come back for convention, we plan on staying here. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean. Excellent value for the price. The only reason we rated it a 4 rather than a 5 is that the we did not enjoy the taste of the breakfast. Other than that, best hotel we've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2012
Kouts, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I never write reviews, but was so disgusted with our stay at this hotel, I felt I should in this case.

When we arrived at this hotel after driving for 12 hours, we were very impressed. We had rented two rooms; one for myself, my husband, and our 6 year old, and the other for my mother, our teenager, and our 4 year old. The rooms were nice, and the set-up is particuarly helpful for families. There is an area with a pull-out bed that is separated from the main bed area. This is the reason why we booked the hotel, as we are a family traveling with small children. We were hoping to have the children go to bed early, while we stayed up to talk or watch TV.

Unfortunately, the stay deteriorated quickly when we attempted to use the pull-out bed. The bed was not made up and when we pulled out the linens from the closet, it was evident that they had not been washed. The blanket, in particular, had obvious urine stains and hairs all over it. A call to the front desk was met with a sigh, and a response that there were no other blankets available in the hotel. She then told me that she would bring up some sheets "when she had some time". Finally, after waiting for 45 minutes (at 11:00 p.m.) I covered up my 6 year old with some sweatshirts and called and told them to forget it.

At 3:00 a.m., we were awakened by a loud banging sound coming from the bathroom. This persisted until 6:00 a.m.

When we checked out in the morning, they initially offered a $10 discount, which was ridiculous anyways, but because they had erroneously charged our credit card at the time we made our reservation, they said they couldn't refund the amount. We left in disgust.

This hotel was too expensive for such shoddy service. We always try to stay at Marriott hotels, but this one was a massive letdown. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and we will not stay there again when we are in the Tampa area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!